Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] First and last healings

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K2CHRIST

I believe I saw something written once where the concept of miracles being a normal part of the Christian life. It made sense to me though I don't think about it often. Maybe that is why I hardly ever seen testimonies about what God does on this section of the Forum. But I am not sure of that either, in fact I kind of think the writing I had read about miracles being a part of the normal Christian life was really meant for Christian to seek God more, because they should be and not that they are. Anyway, let me get on with the testimonies.

The last miracle or healing I saw was a couple of weeks ago. I was at a pray ministry, but not one where we normally pray for people but monitoring a room where people come to pray and seek the Lord for themselves. Not many people show up. Sometimes nobody comes. Sometimes and sometimes we see miracles. A couple of weeks ago someone did show up and on the way out that person recognized me as someone that worked in another ministry which is designed to pray for healing, and I was asked for prayer. The person felt under attack, they felt like they had done some things wrong, and they had notable pain in several places.

Since this was a lady, I had my wife who was with me lead the prayer. Since I have now done this type of thing for years I know the way to do it is to seek the voice of the Lord, listen to what He is saying and proceed with what He is saying in the best and most loving way you can. He had us lead her in forgiveness; having her ask Jesus Christ if there was anyone she needed to forgive. I had actually already heard from the Lord that she needed to forgive herself, but people need to hear from the Lord for themselves, and she did. He told her, when she sought His voice, that she need to forgive herself. Then we prayed for the pain to leave, and it was reduced.

She felt she might have some ungodly soul ties. So we had her use her spiritual eyes to look for them and something to cut them with. Again, I have learned the best way to handle things involves us (including the person being prayed for) to seek the Lord with their spiritual eyes and ears. She saw the ungodly soul ties, and found the spiritual tool to be used to cut them. From experience, people often see a sword or some other sharp item, but usually don't know what it will be until they tell me what they see. It turned out to be the name of God. So we had her cut them with the name of God, because that is what the Lord showed her when asked. This really started to shake her up. She almost feel backwards in the Spirit. At that point I could feel the presence of the Lord, which tends to happen when He really start to move.

Afterward she looked a lot better, happier, joyful, and pain free. She reported that most all the pain was gone. Apparently there was a little pain left in her feet, but I felt we were done. She was heading over to a women's ministry later and asked me if they would pray for her there also. I, being a guy, had never been there but would be surprised if you could not get more prayer there also.

Ok, to summarize that one, the prayer and ministry had made a substantial and important difference in her life. She had gotten notable healing from her pain and problems, but obviously there were still things to be dealt with. Was it a miracle, or what? It was a normal part of my Christian life. I see it often. It is simply God moving in peoples lives, but what are miracles if not God moving in peoples lives. She was happier. She did not have the pain she did have. She was feeling closer to the Lord. And she was getting the idea that she could simple seek the Lord, hear from Him and get instructions, wisdom, and healing from Him. That is what I tell people.

So now the first healing I saw the Lord do, and there have been hundreds if not a thousand in between. The first one was with my daughter. The Lord had come into my life about a year before that with the words, "Read Your Bible", and a few months before I had figured out that God is indeed always near me and could always be heard from though that small voice of His. So now I was listening regularly listen for Him.

My daughter had a problem with her knees. She played soccer and her knees were swelling up. At first it was just a little but now they remained swollen, and especially her right knee. My ex-wife (God had got hold of me while going through a divorce) had made an appointment with a doctor and had told me I need to take my daughter to the doctors. I had the day off and she didn't. It was fine with me. Still, the appointment was a bit later. The Lord asked me to go over to my mom's house, and so I did. When I got there, she was leaving, but said she would be back soon so asked me to stay until she came back.

Ok, I waited and wondered why the Lord asked me to come. He must have known she was leaving. So I asked Him about it. he told me that He wanted me to watch something on her TV. He had me open the cabinet she had with the movies, and He specifically drew my attention to a particular one and asked me to play it. "Oh Lord," I told Him, "That tape had not been opened yet and was still sealed in shrink wrap." He told me, "Your mom won't mind." She probably wouldn't. She is good about that type of thing.

So I looked at the tape and saw it was ministry tape that had been sent to her from a Marilyn Hickey's ministry. I found out later that my mom had sent them some money for there ministry and they sent her a free ministry tape with their thanks. It was an interesting tape on some healing crusades they had done around the world, and particularly in India. Her daughter, a Sandra Bowling if I remember right, explained that they didn't do the healing, Jesus did. They simply asked Jesus to heal the person. That simply was the extent to their instruction for how to heal someone. Hummm - is it really that simple.

A couple hours later I took my daughter to the appointment. The doctor looked her over and told it was (and I guessing at the spelling) something called Awgun Slaughters disease. Apparently she was going to have this problem awhile but she would be fine in a couple of years, the doctor said. Her bad knee was the right one, but all he had was a rubber brace for the left knee and gave her that. The doctor said with was not really going to make any difference anyway. Apparently the brace was more philological. You can try some ice after games and some Tylenol also. So we went home from the doctors.

I told my daughter at home that perhaps I should try and pray for it, the tape I saw earlier was still on my mind. If the doctors couldn't help, perhaps the Lord could. So I put my hands are the right knee, the worst one, and prayed what sounded to me as the silliest and stupid prayer. I just said, "Jesus could you perhaps heal this knee." How stupid it sounded to me. Yet I felt the knee shrinking and going down under my very hands. I felt nobody could have been more shocked than me, but it was happening right under my hands. I told myself, 'I don't believe it' and instantly it stopped.

Oh my, what had I done. I had just confessed my unbelief in my head and stopped the healing. I looked at the knee. The right knee now had less swelling that the lift knee. Well, that was good. The right knee stayed that way, and I continued to pray at home for both knees. Confessing my lack of faith to the Lord and asking over and over to please finish the healing, and He did. About a month later, not the couple of years the doctor said, both knees were fine and the problem didn't come back.

Ok, there they are the first and the last, and in-between has been a normal Christian life for me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back