Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Science __ ] Five figures from the Bible who archaeology PROVES were real

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Alfred Persson

Free Will Reformed Baptist
2024 Supporter
By ROB WAUGH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 08:41 EDT, 15 June 2024 | UPDATED: 08:47 EDT, 15 June 2024

Archaeologists have made astounding discoveries in the last few decades that prove many Biblical figures actually walked and breathed on Earth.
The existence of at least 50 people mentioned in the holy book has been identified through wall drawings, inscriptions on stone slabs and other material evidence.
One of the most significant finds was a slab bearing the name Pontius Pilate, the man who sentenced Jesus to death out of fear of losing his power over the Jews.
Another discovery included a cave found in the early 2000s, which archaeologists claimed was used by John the Baptist to anoint followers of Christ.
A stone uncovered in Caesarea Maritima (an Eastern Mediterranean city which was capital of Roman Judea) bears Pontius Pilate's name

For the rest of the article go here:

Pilate is documented as well by coins he minted, the accounts of Josephus and Tacticus, as well as mentions by Philo. No question about him being real.

Pilate is documented as well by coins he minted, the accounts of Josephus and Tacticus, as well as mentions by Philo. No question about him being real.
The author wasn't an expert, he also says about John the Baptist:
The Biblical figure is also said to have baptized Jesus, but it is unknown if the sacred event took place in the cave.

Is there a Christian who doesn't know Jesus was baptized in the Jordan?
9 It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove.
11 Then a voice came from heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Mk. 1:9-11 NKJ)

The corroboration of the NT is ongoing, almost every day archeology is confirming a Bible event or person. The only Divine Book that is Historically accurate, is the Bible. Its as though God is saying: "at this time in place I did this, pay attention and learn".

The evidence is pretty solid for the existence of a Pontius Pilate as governor of Judea and Samaria.
I didn't disagree. I pointed out the author didn't delve deep. Had he done that, what you refer to could have been mentioned.

The Expedition Bible has lots of interesting videos. Check it out:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back