Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Flying Like The Eagle: The Prophetic Life

Hidden In Him

Charismatic
Staff member

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 6.46.46 PM.png

Blessings In Christ to those who read this, and may it be an encouragement to the entire body of Christ, now, in the future, and well into the end-times.

I have grown accustomed to receiving prophetic insight on each coming day through the images God gives during sleep. He also does so through dreams, but in this case these are usually just brief images upon the mind, yet it is uncanny how accurate they are and how consistently they are fulfilled. Many times I know exactly what they mean, but other times it will be a mystery. But sure enough, by the end of the day I know exactly what the images were referring to, and they are the Lord's way of letting me know in advance that He orders my steps and knows the beginning from the end even when I don't. Many times they are an encouragement that pleasant things are coming, or that things are better than they will appear. Even if they are warnings, He is showing me in advance that everything is in His control.

There are also full-blown dreams (given to either myself or friends) that forewarn of dangers or the promise of good things, and together I liken it to the life of an eagle. I once read a heavenly vision in which the eagle was a prophetic symbol, the reason being that the eagle can see for many miles. They know when storms are coming, and they can fly above it, away from danger. I believe this is one of the reasons why believers are sometimes compared to them in scripture. Those who put their hopes in Him operate on a different level from the world, and thus have no fear of coming things. Unless the Lord calls them to specifically go through a storm, they soar above it all, knowing the Lord is watching out over them at all times.

One prophetic allusion to the eagle is found in Revelations 8:13, where it states, "As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair calling out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!” This is likely a reference to one of the four beasts before the throne of God, which had the face of an eagle, and by insinuation knew the mysteries of God (Ezekiel 1:10).

Those who don't believe the prophetic gifts are still for today sometimes think things like this are just imaginary, but it's not so, nor is it scriptural. Joel 2:28 promises that the Spirit will be poured out upon all flesh in the end-times, and His young men will see visions and His old men will dream dreams. His daughters will prophesy. And I believe God designed it this way because nearly all can receive dreams if they can't operate in the other two, and dreams can be a means by which He directs our lives to keep us informed, and keep us safe from harm while renewing us in joy and hope throughout each and every day we live.

I pray that those who read this short piece seek the Lord for the means to operate in their divine right. It takes interpretation, but as Joseph once told Pharaoh's servants, "Do not dreams belong to God?" They do, and as a result they belong to His people. Dreams and interpretation are food for the children of God, and our Lord the Great Eagle will use such means to feed His people from now until His return (Exodus 19:4).

Blessings in Christ, and thank you for reading.
Hidden In Him

A song that came around in my YouTube cycle today (The Seal remake below, although the first was put to the original, written by the Steve Miller band back when I was a child).

398667384_720730023424192_4822033678226512408_n.jpg

Blessings In Christ to those who read this, and may it be an encouragement to the entire body of Christ, now, in the future, and well into the end-times.

I have grown accustomed to receiving prophetic insight on each coming day through the images God gives during sleep. He also does so through dreams, but in this case these are usually just brief images upon the mind, yet it is uncanny how accurate they are and how consistently they are fulfilled. Many times I know exactly what they mean, but other times it will be a mystery. But sure enough, by the end of the day I know exactly what the images were referring to, and they are the Lord's way of letting me know in advance that He orders my steps and knows the beginning from the end even when I don't. Many times they are an encouragement that pleasant things are coming, or that things are better than they will appear. Even if they are warnings, He is showing me in advance that everything is in His control.

There are also full-blown dreams (given to either myself or friends) that forewarn of dangers or the promise of good things, and together I liken it to the life of an eagle. I once read a heavenly vision in which the eagle was a prophetic symbol, the reason being that the eagle can see for many miles. They know when storms are coming, and they can fly above it, away from danger. I believe this is one of the reasons why believers are sometimes compared to them in scripture. Those who put their hopes in Him operate on a different level from the world, and thus have no fear of coming things. Unless the Lord calls them to specifically go through a storm, they soar above it all, knowing the Lord is watching out over them at all times.

One prophetic allusion to the eagle is found in Revelations 8:13,
Rev 8:13 speaks of an angel...not an eagle.
where it states, "As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair calling out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!” This is likely a reference to one of the four beasts before the throne of God, which had the face of an eagle, and by insinuation knew the mysteries of God (Ezekiel 1:10).

Those who don't believe the prophetic gifts are still for today sometimes think things like this are just imaginary, but it's not so, nor is it scriptural. Joel 2:28 promises that the Spirit will be poured out upon all flesh in the end-times, and His young men will see visions and His old men will dream dreams. His daughters will prophesy. And I believe God designed it this way because nearly all can receive dreams if they can't operate in the other two, and dreams can be a means by which He directs our lives to keep us informed, and keep us safe from harm while renewing us in joy and hope throughout each and every day we live.

I pray that those who read this short piece seek the Lord for the means to operate in their divine right. It takes interpretation, but as Joseph once told Pharaoh's servants, "Do not dreams belong to God?" They do, and as a result they belong to those who love Him as well. Dreams and interpretation are food for His people, and our Lord the Great Eagle will use them to feed His people from now until His return (Exodus 19:4).

Blessings in Christ, and thanks for reading.
Hidden In Him

A song which came around in my YouTube cycle today.

Rev 8:13 speaks of an angel...not an eagle.

Only the Received text (Stephanus in particular) has άγγελος in Revelation 8:13a. Nearly all the earlier texts including Alexandrinus (which I favor above all MSS) have αετός, properly translated "eagle" to this day in Greek.

13 Καὶ εἶδον, καὶ ἤκουσα ἑνὸς ἀετοῦ πετομένου ἐν μεσουρανήματι λέγοντος φωνῇ μεγάλῃ, Οὐαὶ οὐαὶ οὐαὶ τοὺς κατοικοῦντας ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς ἐκ τῶν λοιπῶν φωνῶν τῆς σάλπιγγος τῶν τριῶν ἀγγέλων τῶν μελλόντων σαλπίζειν.

Blessings in Christ.
Hidden

Back