Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] For my Mother.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mcmurry

26 years ago, Feb. 13th, my sister was killed and buried by her killer. It was five years before her body was found. Last Sunday, Feb. 13th at church, my mother came up to me and asked me if I knew what day it was. She has refused to let my sister rest in peace. She has refused to seek any counseling, saying that, "If the counseler has not been through the same loss as I have, then he/she doesn't understand how I feel." I admit that I have never lost a child, (my wife and I can't have kids), but I think it would help my mother alot to let go and let my sister rest. I'm sure that it doesn't help that the man who killed my sister is no longer in prison. I have decided that as long as he leaves me and mine alone, I will leave him alone. I believe I have forgiven him, but every time my mother bring this up, it just brings back all past feelings. Oh yeah, he was a friend since the third grade, but while gone to the army, he really got into drugs. But just keep my mom, and I guess me also in your prayers. Thanks.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back