Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Future Of christianity

gerard16

Will Pentecostals and charismatics be future of christianity?
As mainline denominations keep on declining and pentecostals and charismatics keep growing will they be the future?They seem to be the only chuches which seem to be growing and attracting a lot of people.

Being non-denominal has some advantages for me- :D
As long as Christ is glorified I care not for the name on the marquee.

Jesus Christ had no denominational affiliation but such splits were occurring even in Paul's day (is one of Paul, is one of Apollos? etc).
I have had the privilege over the last 30+ years to be in many flavors (denominations) in the Body of Christ. It is a real joy to have brothers (born again believers) in so many places!
From what I have seen there are genuine believers who love God in most and there are also a lot of lost and religious folks too.

gerard16 said:
As mainline denominations keep on declining and pentecostals and charismatics keep growing will they be the future?They seem to be the only chuches which seem to be growing and attracting a lot of people.

The Catholic Church is growing rapidly around the world.

I believe faiths that require an active and dedicated Christianity, like evangelical Pentecostalism and orthodox Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, and other Reformed Churches will succeed.

Liberal feel good Christianity is dying because it leaves holiness and discipleship out of the equation.

When the government mandates what your pastor can and cannot preach from the pulpits, what will you do?

chestertonrules said:
gerard16 said:

The Catholic Church is growing rapidly around the world.

I believe faiths that require an active and dedicated Christianity, like evangelical Pentecostalism and orthodox Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, and other Reformed Churches will succeed.

Liberal feel good Christianity is dying because it leaves holiness and discipleship out of the equation.
Yes a dedication to Christ is what will survive everyone else is just pretending any way.

destiny said:
When the government mandates what your pastor can and cannot preach from the pulpits, what will you do?
I will cry out the louder.

The church as a whole is lost, and the time is drawing near, now is the time for my remnant to remain strong cry out to them, cry out to them, be my mouth, be my voice tell them that my wrath is coming, and that it is coming upon them. They may not hear you but cry out the louder, they may hate you but cry out the louder, they may even imprison or want to kill you but cry out the louder, your reward will be great.
STL

Back