Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gender, girls, influence?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Who Me

Interesting report on the steady increase in reported numbers of gays as in a breakdown mainly of an increase in girls declaring they are ' bi ' !
Link I'll supply also comments and provides evidence for why so many girls are saying they are gay.

Basically it is down to being influenced by peers, media and what makes them ' feel ' good.

Why post this, well apart from laughing a those who think that ' feelings ' are a valid method of establishing anything.
It is so you who read this can talk with your daughter's, granddaughters, nieces etc and challenge there reactions based on ' feelings ' as well as pass this on to any thinking ministers you have contact withlink

My niece is bi, and we recently had a situation where I mentioned to my sister in law I was uncomfortable when her girlfriend was over when my husband, me, and the kids are over. We travel two hours to see them once a month for a few hours, and it is an awkward situation for me, because I believe this to be sin made to look normal. The media enough makes it look okay, when it is not according to God's Word. I'm concerned for my kids to get close also when they may not even stay together. My niece and her are in their twenties. I told her I'd reevaluate if they ever married. It is very new territory with me, and as a Christian who wants to teach my children Biblical values first, I am unsure how to approach it. Violence was threatened from my niece, to hit/slap me over it, and called me a homophobe, which was more concerning to me. For the time being, we will not be traveling down. I do not believe it was wrong to share my feelings about it, and I'm watching out for potential issues in the future to guard my kids' hearts. I was upset I was met by anger, because I have so far kept silent about it. My sister in law told my niece and the other girl before we could even talk. I had just sent a one line message I was uncomfortable about it to break the ice.

But yes. Hard age the kids have to grow up in... Young men and women are trying to find their identity and it is the media that is making it look normal. Bible says otherwise.

My niece is bi, and we recently had a situation where I mentioned to my sister in law I was uncomfortable when her girlfriend was over when my husband, me, and the kids are over. We travel two hours to see them once a month for a few hours, and it is an awkward situation for me, because I believe this to be sin made to look normal. The media enough makes it look okay, when it is not according to God's Word. I'm concerned for my kids to get close also when they may not even stay together. My niece and her are in their twenties. I told her I'd reevaluate if they ever married. It is very new territory with me, and as a Christian who wants to teach my children Biblical values first, I am unsure how to approach it. Violence was threatened from my niece, to hit/slap me over it, and called me a homophobe, which was more concerning to me. For the time being, we will not be traveling down. I do not believe it was wrong to share my feelings about it, and I'm watching out for potential issues in the future to guard my kids' hearts. I was upset I was met by anger, because I have so far kept silent about it. My sister in law told my niece and the other girl before we could even talk. I had just sent a one line message I was uncomfortable about it to break the ice.

But yes. Hard age the kids have to grow up in... Young men and women are trying to find their identity and it is the media that is making it look normal. Bible says otherwise.

It is a hard age. It requires a hard line.

Make that line now while you have time. You will get flack from family. You will be perceived as right wing and radical, and even evil. You will create division. Jesus creates division. (Luke 12:51)

And you may save your children.

Separate from those of your family who accept this homosexual life style.

Quantrill

It is a hard age. It requires a hard line.

Make that line now while you have time. You will get flack from family. You will be perceived as right wing and radical, and even evil. You will create division. Jesus creates division. (Luke 12:51)

And you may save your children.

Separate from those of your family who accept this homosexual life style.

Quantrill

My husband's mom was actually bisexual when she was younger, so he sees nothing wrong with that. He respects my feelings though and allows me to make decisions for the kid's spiritual welfare. I do appreciate this a lot.

My husband's mom was actually bisexual when she was younger, so he sees nothing wrong with that. He respects my feelings though and allows me to make decisions for the kid's spiritual welfare. I do appreciate this a lot.

That will make your decision much more difficult. Your mother in law and your husband become part of the problem.

Your husband needs to see there is something wrong with it. If he allows your decision in this area at this time, separate as much as you can, however you can. Later he may not allow it.

During this time that you have, study the Bible to show him how this lifestyle is totally contradictory to God and Christ. Build your foundation that you stand on.

Quantrill

husband needs to see there is something wrong with it. If he allows your decision in this area at this time, separate as much as you can, however you can. Later he may not allow it.

During this time that you have, study the Bible to show him how this lifestyle is totally contradictory to God and Christ. Build your foundation that you stand on.

Quantrill

Definitely enough scripture on it.

Definitely enough scripture on it.

Yes there is. But does your husband believe it?

What is left is your will and determination to stand on it. And make no mistake, it is not easy. Maintain as much separation from that family that you can at this time. All the while educating your husband and children to what the Scripture says.

You do what you can, and you know more than anyone what that might be. Doing what you can, while you can, and praying to God to be against that influence in your children's lives.

Most likely the issue will probably explode one day. But hopefully, your children will be of an age that you have already set the boundaries. And you can trust God that they will not depart from it. (Prov. 22:6)

Quantrill

Yes there is. But does your husband believe it?

What is left is your will and determination to stand on it. And make no mistake, it is not easy. Maintain as much separation from that family that you can at this time. All the while educating your husband and children to what the Scripture says.

You do what you can, and you know more than anyone what that might be. Doing what you can, while you can, and praying to God to be against that influence in your children's lives.

Most likely the issue will probably explode one day. But hopefully, your children will be of an age that you have already set the boundaries. And you can trust God that they will not depart from it. (Prov. 22:6)

Quantrill

Our mom lives out of state. My sister on my side, who is for it also, lives pretty far out of state. My hubby is not interested in hearing Bible/Bible study... I love him very much and we have a pretty good marriage, will be six years in June, but if he is a Christian, all he does is go to church. He doesn't even stand in worship or talk to us about God at all. He gets angry when I ask if he believes in Jesus (I have a couple times), just saying yes. So I prayed about things, and just treat him as one who is new in faith. I have gone through ebbs and flows in my Christian walk, and 5 years ago I definitely was not on fire for God as I am now. I wanted a husband and family and I got that. I am trusting for the same on fire passion for God, for my husband. And if he doesn't, I have plenty church family who are good support. My hubby is naturally quiet and does have some learning disabilities that may make a more in depth study hard for him. I appreciate his kind heart though, and one thing about my husband is if he knows my desires, he stands for me no matter what anyone else says.

told her I'd reevaluate if they ever married. It is very new territory with me, and as a Christian who wants to teach my children Biblical values first, I am unsure how to approach it. Violence was threatened from my niece, to hit/slap me over it, and called me a homophobe

You need urgently to get your side of the story out among your family.

Be gentle in how you word it, things like ' being in love ' , ' strong emotions ' etc as well as ' you would re evaluate' and the response of a threat of violence and name calling.

Stress your love for your family, but also your concerns for the safety of your own family.

You are engaged in a propoganda war of wars.
You to show you love your family extended and close, as well as having a strong conservative moral faith.
Your nice will be showing you as closed minded, bigoted, hater of her and her partner.

So you are stressing your willingness to rethink/re-evaluate your possession but are faced with a closed mind rejection of what ever doesn't immediately accept there view and the offer of violence etc.

As for your husband, challenge him to do two things.
Lead family Bible reading and prayer from something like ' Everyday with Jesus.'
2nd to attend church as a family every Sunday.

My mother dabbled in bi-sexuality as well.

Our mom lives out of state. My sister on my side, who is for it also, lives pretty far out of state. My hubby is not interested in hearing Bible/Bible study... I love him very much and we have a pretty good marriage, will be six years in June, but if he is a Christian, all he does is go to church. He doesn't even stand in worship or talk to us about God at all. He gets angry when I ask if he believes in Jesus (I have a couple times), just saying yes. So I prayed about things, and just treat him as one who is new in faith. I have gone through ebbs and flows in my Christian walk, and 5 years ago I definitely was not on fire for God as I am now. I wanted a husband and family and I got that. I am trusting for the same on fire passion for God, for my husband. And if he doesn't, I have plenty church family who are good support. My hubby is naturally quiet and does have some learning disabilities that may make a more in depth study hard for him. I appreciate his kind heart though, and one thing about my husband is if he knows my desires, he stands for me no matter what anyone else says.

You certainly know your situation and what you can do. How far you can go, etc. etc. A good church family is very important. Glad to hear it.

Do what you can to avoid that homosexual influence on your children and give it to God continually.

Quantrill

You certainly know your situation and what you can do. How far you can go, etc. etc. A good church family is very important. Glad to hear it.

Do what you can to avoid that homosexual influence on your children and give it to God continually.

Quantrill

Yep. I trust my family in God's hands. I do my best and trust Him with the rest.

Back