Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growth God? God!

S

sunshine

Today when I was going to get off the tram. I saw such a scene: A woman who looks like 50 years old made a motion--draw a cross before her chest.I think that she was thanking God's care for keeping her arrival safely.But many times I always ignore God's care for me. It's His care so that I have a peaceful time everyday. These are all His care such as eating without choking, Walking without wrestling, and driving without stealing and so on. Everytime I am living with God's care and leading. But I never thanks for His care like this woman and never learn to give thanks and praise to God . On the contrary my heart is full of misunderstanding and complain cause I suffered some pain. On the past month, the husband who had lived together with me for five years abandoned my daughter and me. My father is paralyzed in bed suddenly, I lost my work......I feel so negative and weak when these are all upon on me. I told myself I should suffer all the pain that the Lord had suffered. But I have no strength to walk to the end. When I look up that street light not far away from my sight, I pray more than once in my heart: Lord ,You are a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. You teach me to love others as self. But I can't do it. I still hate my husband why he is so cool. Oh Lord, I know this isn't satisfy Your will, But I still can't practice and glory for Your name. Lord, how can I go on following Your footprints?

Dear Sister sunshine, this is a beautifully expressed testimony of the feeling of failure when we compare us with God. You may think you're the only one suffering these things, but you're not; you're just admitting it.

I know without doubt that God has never left or forsook you (Heb 13:5), and though we may be at fault Jesus is with us in the fires of life just as He was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego having been thrown into the furnace (Dan 3:25).

I do not know if this will alleviate some of the pain, but in 1 Cor 11:1 we're told to follow Paul as he followed Christ, and just how do you suppose that went?
2Co 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2Co 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2Co 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2Co 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Your hurt is being prayed for, and I'm asking for your deliverance to the glory of God in Jesus' name.

Sunshine, I just finished reading 1Samuel, Chapter 30. It talks about how David came back from philistines when they were heading to war against Israel when Saul was ruler and God turned away from him.

Verse 6 says:
...but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

A few verses before, bible talks that when David came home, his city, ziklag was burned down and everyone was taken captive. All of men's wives and daughters were taken away and they(David's men) cried until there was no more strength to cry, and they even wanted to stone him to death. The level of desperation and hopelessness was incredible at that moment, but David, like it says, encouraged himself in the Lord God. That verse sounds even more powerful in Russian language.

Be strong and always remember that God is near you and is in control, he won't let you down and will help you. Prayer is heading to heaven tonight for you and your family. Please dont lose hope and always remember, God is with you. He will help.

Trouble is just an opportunity for God to do His best work. Nothing is too hard for God. He can do anything but fail. If God is in it, you will win it.

Dear Sister sunshine, this is a beautifully expressed testimony of the feeling of failure when we compare us with God. You may think you're the only one suffering these things, but you're not; you're just admitting it.

I know without doubt that God has never left or forsook you (Heb 13:5), and though we may be at fault Jesus is with us in the fires of life just as He was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego having been thrown into the furnace (Dan 3:25).

I do not know if this will alleviate some of the pain, but in 1 Cor 11:1 we're told to follow Paul as he followed Christ, and just how do you suppose that went?
2Co 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2Co 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2Co 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2Co 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Your hurt is being prayed for, and I'm asking for your deliverance to the glory of God in Jesus' name.
Thank you for your reply. Merry Christmas! Although the greeting is a little bit later. Just as you say:this is a beautifully expressed testimony of the feeling of failure when we compare us with God. I thought for many times. I'm not the only one to experience such things. The saints of all generations suffered from all kinds of persecutions, tribulations and false accusations of the world. Especially the Lord was crucified. I'm so ashamed to complain what I suffered. It is not worth mentioning it. I should pay more attention to God's will or God's heart instead of what I suffered. God's work reveal how weak I believe in God. God is really a lamp to my feet and a light to my path, but if I go towards the opposite direction, I will go far away from Him more and more. I realized that what I purse is for gaining blessings. Do not pay more attention to how to deal with the sins within me. I remember this scripture[Hebrews12:14]:"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:" and John[8:34-35]:"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever."I think if I still fall into the evil within all the sins, and just have the outword behavior. Maybe this way is not the right way. What I need is to pursue the truth and solve this problem at source. But I know I am so poor. I don't have any truth so I don't know how to practice. Do you have any experience or knowledge about this to share with me? I hope someone who has the work of holy spirit can point out a way for me ? Waiting for your sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunshine, I just finished reading 1Samuel, Chapter 30. It talks about how David came back from philistines when they were heading to war against Israel when Saul was ruler and God turned away from him.

Verse 6 says:
...but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

A few verses before, bible talks that when David came home, his city, ziklag was burned down and everyone was taken captive. All of men's wives and daughters were taken away and they(David's men) cried until there was no more strength to cry, and they even wanted to stone him to death. The level of desperation and hopelessness was incredible at that moment, but David, like it says, encouraged himself in the Lord God. That verse sounds even more powerful in Russian language.

Be strong and always remember that God is near you and is in control, he won't let you down and will help you. Prayer is heading to heaven tonight for you and your family. Please dont lose hope and always remember, God is with you. He will help.
Thank you very much. you are right. God won't let me down and will help me. I pray to Him every day. But I don't know how to practice. I mean I haven't the direction clearly to support me or I have no strength to love God. I do my best to do it. But I still feel a little negative. I realize I can't control myself or keep motivated. It's not up to me. Maybe this is the real question for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is just an opportunity for God to do His best work. Nothing is too hard for God. He can do anything but fail. If God is in it, you will win it.
I agree with you.Trouble is really an opportunity for God to do His best work. Nothing is too hard for God.He created the heavens and earth and all things. I do believe only He has the unique authority. There is no doubt. I think the question is how I can experience His work so that I can understand His heart on me?

I don't have any truth so I don't know how to practice. Do you have any experience or knowledge about this to share with me? I hope someone who has the work of holy spirit can point out a way for me ? Waiting for your sharing.
Dear Sister sunshine, to realize the profit of suffering to us we need to know its purpose to our lives.

1 Pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
We live a life of faith that comes through the word of God, and in the measure we need. Some of our suffering can also be translated as enduring in spite of circumstance as we read in Rom 8:16-17.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God (all Christians):
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; IF so be that we suffer (and/or endure) with him, that we may be also glorified together. What this is saying is that there are different levels of spiritual growth available to us, and eternal rewards as the result.

Many never learn they are eternally saved and struggle with what they perceive their spirituality to be, and it then becomes what we do instead of what Christ did, and what God is doing in us. I wrote the following pamphlet that may help to ensure you of your place in Christ, and then victories come as to being His glory instead of your failures.
Salvation with Security – 1, 2, 3
http://www.christianforums.net/Fell...ds/salvation-with-security-parts-1-2-3.52236/
:wave2

I agree with you.Trouble is really an opportunity for God to do His best work. Nothing is too hard for God.He created the heavens and earth and all things. I do believe only He has the unique authority. There is no doubt. I think the question is how I can experience His work so that I can understand His heart on me?

First, God did make everything, but God also made you to change probabilities and by your conscience change even the electrons and atoms around you that make up molecules. Jesus explained the quality of Quantum mechanics a lot. What science found is all things around us is aware of us being aware of it. Hence Jesus spoke to storms and fevers. They have ears.

In These last days, God has shown scientist what the substance of faith actually is, and testable in a laboratory. He has shown them the Earth and what it really is. There will be no excuse in the end. Secular science is not adding in the effects of the realm of the spirit, the power of the Name of Jesus, or the Fact the Word of God has set forever by His conscience and word things that can't be changed.

As for your troubles, they occur in the unsaved in the World also. Being a Christian we like to tag scriptures to our troubles, we suffer for Jesus and bla, bla, bla, bla.
The World has the same devils and issue we have, the only difference is that we have hope in this World, we have a advocate, they don't.

God does not need the devil to attack you to do His best work. In fact, God always does His best for us when things are going just fine. The important thing is how you handled the attacks.

What God said is important, just believing something He said changes things.
Psa 138:8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Just meditating on this one scripture can change everything. God always perfects those things that concern me, God has great mercy on me when I mess up, God made me and will not forsake the work of His own hands. God will help me.

Php_1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

When I look up that street light not far away from my sight, I pray more than once in my heart: Lord ,You are a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. You teach me to love others as self. But I can't do it. I still hate my husband why he is so cool. Oh Lord, I know this isn't satisfy Your will, But I still can't practice and glory for Your name. Lord, how can I go on following Your footprints?
God's will is not carried out on earth very often. It can't be God's will that babies die in the womb, or that children suffer so. as we all hear about.

You can't perform God's will - you are a fallen creature in need of a Savior. YES, you should try and doing God's will should be your goal - but we all fall short - the Bible makes that very clear.

The fact that this bothers you so tells me that you are doing way better than you think you are. Do you REALLY think you can meet God's standard? And do you REALLY think that He expects you too? He is interested in you and loves you - so much that he sent Jesus to a cross long before you were conceived - and part of the reason He did it - was YOU!

If you could meet His standard, there would be no need for a Savior.

21 years ago, May 21, 1994, I experienced one of those "God moments". I HONESTLY thought that I'd blown it so bad that I'd driven a wedge between me and God and just didn't know how I could resolve it. But He spoke to me three times that night and assured me such was not the case. The most important thing I will tell you is that He said: "You don't have the POWER to drive me away, now get up (out of bed) and write this down so that you NEVER forget it."

I won't tell you in an open forum what it was all about, nor the rest of what He spoke to me - but I will tell you that.

You can't perform God's will

Sure we can. Consider Jesus' description of the judgment in Mat 15. HE separates the saved from the condemned according to what they did or did not do. The saved gave food, water, clothing, shelter, medical attention, encouragement to the needy. They showed mercy. Every time you do something like that (show mercy) you do God's will.

iakov the fool
:boing :dunce

While it is true that we can perform acts that conform to God's will - we cannot "do God's will" on a consistent basis; we will always fail and will always be in need of a Savior.

While it is true that we can perform acts that conform to God's will - we cannot "do God's will" on a consistent basis; we will always fail and will always be in need of a Savior.

As much as I don't want to agree, this is unfortunately true in my own life. I need the advocate.

Dear Sister sunshine, to realize the profit of suffering to us we need to know its purpose to our lives.

1 Pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
We live a life of faith that comes through the word of God, and in the measure we need. Some of our suffering can also be translated as enduring in spite of circumstance as we read in Rom 8:16-17.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God (all Christians):
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; IF so be that we suffer (and/or endure) with him, that we may be also glorified together. What this is saying is that there are different levels of spiritual growth available to us, and eternal rewards as the result.

Many never learn they are eternally saved and struggle with what they perceive their spirituality to be, and it then becomes what we do instead of what Christ did, and what God is doing in us. I wrote the following pamphlet that may help to ensure you of your place in Christ, and then victories come as to being His glory instead of your failures.
http://www.christianforums.net/Fell...ds/salvation-with-security-parts-1-2-3.52236/
Thank you for your reply.See these words, I felt God on my side, very warm, very grateful.

Thank you for your reply. very sorry! So long to reply!Read these increased the number of confidence, with the courage to live. Thank you very much. God bless you!

Good morning sunshine. You started this thread on December 17th. What is your situation now? Has anything changed?

Good morning sunshine. You started this thread on December 17th. What is your situation now? Has anything changed?
Thank you very much! I'm fine!"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."(Matthew 11:28) Thank the Lord guide! I have a job! I am willing to believe in the Lord well! Amen!

Thank you very much! I'm fine!"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."(Matthew 11:28) Thank the Lord guide! I have a job! I am willing to believe in the Lord well! Amen!

O my dear. That's wonderful, I rejoice with you. God answers prayer, praise His Holy Name....I love you in Jesus, some day we'll meet in the New Jerusalem and tell of Jesus' blessings.:hug

Back