Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God has not removed my Ex from my heart.

My Ex and I broke up many months ago. The Ex in question moved on to a new person in a few weeks after the break up, if not sooner, and has been in a romantic relationship since then with that person. I have prayed to God, and he has given me strength. I was a "baby" believer when I had met my Ex, and he was not a believer at all. So, it is for the best that the relationship ended. I do believe God delivered me from this relationship because I prayed that if my Ex was not for me that he would be removed from my life, and he was. I have given it to God, and any time I find myself sad or missing my Ex, I give it to God again. I have forgiven my Ex, and I have prayed for his well-being. God has also freed me from a soul tie to this Ex. So, why has God not removed him from my heart? I have prayed about this. I do feel stronger and a lot better but I still miss my Ex and I do not want to anymore. I guess I would like to know why God has not taken away my feelings for this person, or how I could finally stop feeling this way.

My Ex and I broke up many months ago. The Ex in question moved on to a new person in a few weeks after the break up, if not sooner, and has been in a romantic relationship since then with that person. I have prayed to God, and he has given me strength. I was a "baby" believer when I had met my Ex, and he was not a believer at all. So, it is for the best that the relationship ended. I do believe God delivered me from this relationship because I prayed that if my Ex was not for me that he would be removed from my life, and he was. I have given it to God, and any time I find myself sad or missing my Ex, I give it to God again. I have forgiven my Ex, and I have prayed for his well-being. God has also freed me from a soul tie to this Ex. So, why has God not removed him from my heart? I have prayed about this. I do feel stronger and a lot better but I still miss my Ex and I do not want to anymore. I guess I would like to know why God has not taken away my feelings for this person, or how I could finally stop feeling this way.

Well maybe he just needs your prayers still. That's kind of a hard one.

But if you pray and ask Him to, maybe the Lord will reveal to you why.

Regardless, welcome to CF, and I hope you benefit from being a member here!

In Chris Jesus,
Hidden In Him

In my life I have found that letting go of the past is difficult for many people. What has helped me with such things has been to remember that God's Timing is not our timing. And I remember that Abraham had to wait 99 years before having a son. So I think the key is to be patient and just let God change your heart according to His Schedule.

Because this is not an easy thing to do I also remember that God always has our best interests at heart and that He hears every single prayer so the best resolution I can see is to trust God and be patient. God will change your heart when He determines the time is right for you to do that. In the meantime try as best you know how to move on.

One final thought as well. Evil is also at play in this world so it is possible that evil is preventing you from moving on. In which case you can ask God to get rid of the evil trying to discourage you. That prayer I know will help. Evil never takes a vacation and God is well aware of that and will protect you as needed so that you can be more at peace in future.

I have forgiven my Ex, and I have prayed for his well-being.

So, your "ex" parted company with you in a bad way, then? Certainly, not being married to you, he was free to move on to another relationship and doesn't require forgiveness for exercising this prerogative. Did he do so, though, in a manner that was deceitful, or cruel?

I have given it to God, and any time I find myself sad or missing my Ex, I give it to God again.

What does "give it to God" mean?

So, why has God not removed him from my heart?

What, exactly, do you mean by "remove him from my heart"? Is there any place in Scripture where God did what you want Him to do to you?

I have forgiven my Ex,
You implied that the break up was mutual. But saying this means you feel that you did not want the relationship to end.
Forgiveness is only required if one has been offended against and if the offender has repented.
God has also freed me from a soul tie to this Ex. So, why has God not removed him from my heart?
The idea of being a soul mate is not a biblical concept.

Heartache, the loss of a loved one needs time to grieve.
Continue to pray for your ex, to pray about your loss and it's pain.
That he found another partner so quickly shows he did not truly love you.
So take time to Mourne and look for someone who loves God as well as you.

Back