Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God Is A So-Called Gentleman?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

cre8

"The Bible also says that it was not our (the descendants of Adam) will to be sinners. We were born sinners (without choosing to be). We were born into slavery, by force of God's will. He formed us in the womb (Jer 1:5). This is God's sovereign choice. This was the decision of a holy God creating and preparing many for salvation and many for destruction. Someone might say that something seems very unfair here. Fairness is the potter's choice, not the clay's, right?

Many sincere Christians proclaim that God is a celestial gentleman who would never force someone to accept Jesus as their savior. He would never force salvation on the free will of man. That sounds so nice. OK, then how did you and I get to be sinners in the first place, according to the Bible? Was God a "celestial gentleman" when he forced (created) you and I to be born as sinners?! So it's OK to force people to be born into sin but not OK to force salvation. Christians gladly accept the idea that their god will force the pain and suffering of sin but will not force peace and paradise. To be blunt, these people will gladly accept that their god is a monster.

It would seem to me that if God allowed all humans to be universally cursed by the first Adam (regardless of their will), that all humans would be universally blessed by the second Adam (regardless of their will). Jesus was born in this world, died and rose again (all apart from my will). Why should it suddenly be my choice or will to be saved now? None of the other business was my choice, according to the Bible."

For more information on the book:
http://www.infidelbook.com

cre8 said:
"The Bible also says that it was not our (the descendants of Adam) will to be sinners. We were born sinners (without choosing to be). We were born into slavery, by force of God's will. He formed us in the womb (Jer 1:5). This is God's sovereign choice. This was the decision of a holy God creating and preparing many for salvation and many for destruction. Someone might say that something seems very unfair here. Fairness is the potter's choice, not the clay's, right?

Many sincere Christians proclaim that God is a celestial gentleman who would never force someone to accept Jesus as their savior. He would never force salvation on the free will of man. That sounds so nice. OK, then how did you and I get to be sinners in the first place, according to the Bible? Was God a "celestial gentleman" when he forced (created) you and I to be born as sinners?! So it's OK to force people to be born into sin but not OK to force salvation. Christians gladly accept the idea that their god will force the pain and suffering of sin but will not force peace and paradise. To be blunt, these people will gladly accept that their god is a monster.

It would seem to me that if God allowed all humans to be universally cursed by the first Adam (regardless of their will), that all humans would be universally blessed by the second Adam (regardless of their will). Jesus was born in this world, died and rose again (all apart from my will). Why should it suddenly be my choice or will to be saved now? None of the other business was my choice, according to the Bible."

For more information on the book:
http://www.infidelbook.com

cre8,
What may be the issue here is that you are not looking at things correctly through God's eyes, nor can you being His creation as opposed to His judge. I believe God being all knowing knew that Adam and Eve would fail. As our representatives and being unsullied by sin prior to the Fall they would of been the best effort of human kind could of offered in regards to remaining pure in life. It may seem unfair in your understanding that the rest of mankind would be now tainted with their failure, but in God's economy, the plan was all ready in place for the 2nd Adam who would not fail. It would seem imperative to me, that instead of trying to find fault with the way things began, try to grasp what the solution is, ie Jesus.
It amazes me that those who don't know Christ as Savior often have a more rational understanding of how things must be when worked out to the end of the given thought. It may suprise you but Christians who actually think, have already wrestled with this whole idea of predestnation. The Supralapsarian position would probably best support your conclusion, yet I tend to adhere to the Infralapsarian view, for no other reason then it is palatable and allows for mystery to be present without the need to dwell in.
Remember if there is a God (which I believe), then you would expect His ways to be above your understanding. As His creation He bridged the gap through the person of Jesus and in our realm He is all you need to concern yourself with.
Bubba

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back