Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

God is love!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

KV-44-v1

hi all,

The Bible itself states that God is love in 1 John!
this has Wonderful implications!

NASB (probably 2020 ver.)
7 Beloved, let’s love one another; for love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 By this the love of God was revealed in us, that God has sent His only Son into the world so that we may live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the ]propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we remain in Him and He in us, because He has given to us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

thanks for reading,
kv44

Let's remember that God's love is not a fluffy love, but a practical real love.

God's love is seen practically in his giving of laws, enabling a God hating man to worship God.
It is seen today through Jesus, but again as Jesus said in John 3:18 those who do not believe, do not love God are condemned.

Hey All,
But I like the fluffy love.

God is agape; the greatest form of love.
Agape is translated as "charity" in 1 Corinthians 13.
Charity is giving when you don't have to.

If we agape, we fulfill the Law.

So go agape someone today.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
But I like the fluffy love.

God is agape; the greatest form of love.
Agape is translated as "charity" in 1 Corinthians 13.
Charity is giving when you don't have to.

If we agape, we fulfill the Law.

So go agape someone today.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Agape love is not soft and fluffy.
It is a lovely that gives generously, but a love that also speaks the truth.
It does not tell a he'll bound sinner that ' all is well ', rather it will point out that the consequences of rejecting Jesus, regardless of whether the sinner believes in God, results in an eternal separation I hell.

Agape love is not soft and fluffy.
It is a lovely that gives generously, but a love that also speaks the truth.
It does not tell a he'll bound sinner that ' all is well ', rather it will point out that the consequences of rejecting Jesus, regardless of whether the sinner believes in God, results in an eternal separation I hell.
Hey All,
Amen Who Me.
Did I offend you?
That was not my intention.
May I ask, where did I say agape means "all is well" to the unsaved person?
I do not know how you got that from what I wrote.

Grace is agape.
God is not obligated to love us as sinners.
But He does.
God saves us through His agape.
I know you would agree with this Who Me.
As believers, what will non-believers know us by?

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Amen Who Me.
Did I offend you?
That was not my intention.
May I ask, where did I say agape means "all is well" to the unsaved person?
I do not know how you got that from what I wrote.

Grace is agape.
God is not obligated to love us as sinners.
But He does.
God saves us through His agape.
I know you would agree with this Who Me.
As believers, what will non-believers know us by?

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Hey All,
Actually, I made a mistake.
God is obligated to love the sinner.
But He is not obligated to allow him/ger to have eternal life.
Sorry about the mistake.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hi guys,

As we discuss the definition of 'love', as it relates to God's relationship with what He has created, I believe it is best understood as a deep and complete responsibility to care for another. As someone earlier expressed, acceptance of wickedness, evil, sin as being ok and I still feel good about you, isn't love. Love is a deep and abiding responsibility to care for and about another.

For those who know the truth and how good it is for us, then the greatest love is to tell others that truth. The greatest responsibility that we have, if we really have a deep and abiding sense of responsibility for another is to tell them what is good and what is bad for them.

God is love. He has provided a place for us to live. He has provided all that is necessary that there is food for us to live. He has seen to it that our atmosphere has oxygen for us to live. All the wickedness comes from our choice to use these things, which God gave us in His love to provide all that is necessary for us to have life, to maim and to kill and to hurt one another.

Then God showed His greatest love for us in being the one to offer us rescue from our plight of sin and death.

Love is a deep, abiding responsibility for someone else.

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back