Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD Says in the last days He will be and is....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
:biggrin

The Temple of GOD

Acts 2:17 "`In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, [ and you are that temple. ]
1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, [ who is in you, ] whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
1 Corinthians 6:20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!
John 2:21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body
Acts 7:48 "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by men. As the prophet says:
Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.
Acts 17:25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
Romans 8:10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him( YAHWEH ) who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he( YAHWEH ) who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his(YAHWEH) Spirit, who lives in you.
Exodus 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees.
:angel:

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

The Word of God is clear do not interpret to suits your ears

Vic C. said:
^ What is your point? ^
Be Aware of your interpretations
Not to question GOD or His Word.
Satan use our “freethougth†to interpret, rebel, twist and break GODS commandment, this
is satans tricks and tactics to devoir us, and satan knows our week points, satan did this to Adam & Eve .
Satan is still misleading us. And we do this also to or self.
If we do not obey God we do not really love Him or have faith in the rightness of His ways.
It is not for us to question GOD or His Word .
2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age(satan) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
GODS Word is unmistakable clear [ there is†NO “if or but or how or when about it ]
for us to interpret to “suits†or behaviors.

Quote:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
Matthew 5:19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
GOD says:
Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?
James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

This reminder will offend satan!!!

Vic C. said:
^ What is your point? ^

My point is according to the Bible the "last days" were occuring in the times of the NT writers.

...more specificly...
the last days have been from that time until this.
In other words:
The "last days" have been 2000 years long.

What we all want to know is the last year, month, week, and day, eh?

Make haste Oh Lord!

Is it weird that i don't 'want' Jesus to come yet? It just i don't feel ready for him, there so much still to do, so many more people to reach out to and tell about Jesus, i just look around me and think too many would perish if he came now, can't we have a bit longer yet. This is probably stupid of me as the bible says the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few.

preterist said:
My point is according to the Bible the "last days" were occuring in the times of the NT writers.

The Day of the Lord has not taken place...at least I don't believe so.

This is where the Mid-Acts Dispensationalist makes a lot of sense...they say the "Last Days" were about to take place in Acts 2 BUT the Church was formed with the calling of Paul in Acts 9, setting aside the final "Day of the Lord" wrath.

Hummm....for more information check it out: http://www.trianglebiblechurch.org/

dancing queen said:
Is it weird that i don't 'want' Jesus to come yet? It just i don't feel ready for him, there so much still to do, so many more people to reach out to and tell about Jesus, i just look around me and think too many would perish if he came now, can't we have a bit longer yet. This is probably stupid of me as the bible says the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few.
Don't worry. He tells us this:

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

preterist wrote:

The Day of the Lord has not taken place...at least I don't believe so.

This is where the Mid-Acts Dispensationalist makes a lot of sense...they say the "Last Days" were about to take place in Acts 2 BUT the Church was formed with the calling of Paul in Acts 9, setting aside the final "Day of the Lord" wrath.

The trouble is that is not what the text says:

Act 2:16 `But this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:

According to Peter he is proclaiming the events of Pentecost were a fulfillment of what Joel said would happen in the “last daysâ€Â.

Not to mention the writer of Hebrews says the “last days†were at the time of Christ:

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

To delay or put off the “last days†contradicts scripture. The “last days†refer not to the end of the world or the Church age, but to the end of the Old Covenant economy.

Don't worry. He tells us this:

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Yet Peter says the “end of all things†was near 2000 years ago:

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

How could Peter proclaim this if Matt 24:14 was nowhere near being fulfilled? He could because he knew that Matt 24:14 had been fulfilled:

Col.1:6 which is come unto you; even as it is also in all the world ( ko/smov ) bearing fruit and increasing, as it doth in you also, since the day ye heard and knew the grace of God in truth;

Col 1:23 if so be that ye continue in the faith, grounded and stedfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel which ye heard, which was preached in all creation ( ktiðsiv )under heaven; whereof I Paul was made a minister

Romans 16:26 but now is manifested, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, is made known unto all the nations ( eáqnov) unto obedience of faith:

Ahhhhh....but the mystery! [the mid acts dispey will reply] Paul taught a mystery that was given to him and him only.

JM said:
Ahhhhh....but the mystery! [the mid acts dispey will reply] Paul taught a mystery that was given to him and him only.

What do they say this mystery is?

(1) The “mystery of faith†(1 Tim. 3:9). “The faith†is not only the body of doctrine that sets forth the heavenly truths revealed in Paul’s gospel, but that spiritual apprehension of them that held them fast in the spirit and in a good conscience. It is not opinions, but vital revelations of the Gospel, held as living oracles of God.

(2) The mystery of the union of Christ and the Church as His Body and Bride, is especially revealed in Eph. 5, but appears throughout all the Pauline epistles, even in Romans 12:5, as also in 1 Cor. 12:12, and Eph. 1:22, 23. This union is the basis of all the exhortations to love and obedience.

(3) The “mystery of Christ†(Eph. 3:4), shows that in this mystical Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, all having been chosen in Him before the foundation of the world, having been cut off from their connection by birth with the first Adam, at the Cross, and created anew in Christ. Paul was made minister of this mystery and given the task “to make all men see what is the stewardship of this mystery which for ages has been hid in God Who created all things†(Eph. 3:9). The object was that through this Church might be made known the manifold wisdom of God unto the principalities and powers in the heavenly places.

The Church itself was to belong to heaven, though formed by the Spirit on earth, Christ Himself being the Head of it, and every believer a member of Christ and of one another in this Body which will be (has been) given the highest place in glory, though recreated from earth’s sinners, according to “the purpose of the ages,†which the Father purposes in the Son. The highest place given to the lowest creatures, thus reveals the character of the Father  His manifold wisdom forever as nothing else could do. God is Himself love, and the Cross is an exhibition of that love and the commendation of it.

The Church, being given the highest position in heaven, will exhibit the activity of that love which is called in Scripture, grace. The world knows nothing of this. It regards the Church as having taken Israel’s place, and being simply an earthly religious organization seeking to obey the general human conscience. The world knows nothing of the fact that the Church is already called, justified, and glorified, being united to Christ Himself, in death, risen and seated with Him in the heavenly places; and that same favor is extended to it, that is extended to the Father’s Beloved, its Head; and its worship is by the Holy Spirit.

(4) The mystery of God  even Christ, “in whom are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge hidden†(Col. 2:2, 3). This heavenly and glorified Lord Jesus is revealed to the heart of the believer as the Object of his worship, faith, praise and fellowship  by the Holy Spirit. This heavenly One is altogether unknown by the unsaved man.

(5) The mystery of Christ indwelling the believer (Col. 1:26, 27). He is called “Christ in you, the hope of glory.†“Abide in me, and I in you†(Col. 1:27; John 15:4). This is the great two-fold mystery, which in these Colossians verses is said to “fill up†the Word of God, being the highest revelation therein, and being the mystery which hath been hid from the ages and generations, but now being manifested. The “riches of the glory of this mystery†is made known to saints.

(6) The mystery of the Rapture of the Church at the Lord’s coming into the air, involving both the raising of those who have fallen asleep in the Lord Jesus, and also those alive at the moment (1 Thess. 4; 1 Cor. 15).

(7) The mystery of the fellow-heirship in Christ of Jew and Gentile (Eph. 3:3, 4, 9). This mystery does not seem great to us now who live on this earth, where we are accustomed to Jew and Gentile distinction as well as national differences generally, but when we remember that the Church was chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world (when there was no such distinction, or, indeed, any human being whatsoever), we see how great a secret this is: especially in view of the peculiar promises to national Israel in the Old Testament.

(8) The mystery of the wisdom of God, in secret in Christ: so that Paul and true preachers speak the wisdom of God that hath been hidden before the ages for our glory (1 Cor. 2:7). These things are revealed to us by the Spirit Who not only refuses to use man’s wisdom but also man’s words: “in words which the Spirit teacheth combining (or expressing) spiritual things with spiritual words.â€Â

(9) The mystery of the Kingdom of God, in righteousness, peace, and joy in the Spirit (Rom. 14:17). Only new-born or new-created men in Christ know this mystery ( 2 Cor. 5:17; John 3:3).

(10) The mystery of iniquity (2 Thess. 2:7). Satan is not permitted as yet to bring forth fully the “apostasy,†which will come when the world worships Satan intelligently (Rev. 13), the Church having been previously taken away according to 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18, and Revelation 3:10). Babylon or “confusion†is another name for this mystery in this age  see harlot church (Rev. 17), centered in seven-hilled Rome.

(11) The mystery of the hardening in part of Israel (Rom. 11:25). Though there is at present a remnant according to the election of grace, yet national Israel’s eyes are peculiarly blinded to their own Scriptures, to Christ as their Messiah, and to grace as God’s only method of salvation.

(12) The mystery of God’s will purposed in Christ, looking unto “a dispensation of the fullness of times, to sum up (Eph. 1:10) all things in Christ (that is). the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth†(t the lower or lost world, as in Phil. 2:10; Rev. 5:13). The foundation of this in Eph. 2:10, will be the “Blood of His Cross†(Col. 1:19, 20). The saints alone have this mighty future purpose of God revealed to them; all others count upon man and the earth, which is cursed.  Wm. R. Newell

OK, but I'm not following the argument. How does the "mystery change the fact that the "last days" were occuring in the 1st century? The Church was not an alternate plan, it was the fulfillment of OT prophecy. It might not have been understood but it was taught:

Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

I guess I'm asking how the "mystery" proves a preterist approach wrong?

preterist said:
OK, but I'm not following the argument. How does the "mystery change the fact that the "last days" were occuring in the 1st century?

I was not clear in my last post. Sorry.
The "last days" began two thousand years ago. They have not yet ended. Some call it the 'church age', and I supposed that there are several other titles given to the time span between the cross and the rapture.

2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

How long was "the first days?" (Adam to the flood?) 1656 years!

How long was "the days of the patirarchs?" (Flood to Moses) About 850 years.

How long was the age of law? (Moses to Christ?) 1495 years.

Should it be any wonder then, that this age, i.e., the "last days" should be an extended period of time?

It seems that God had the books written, so that He would be free to bring the end right after Jesus' resurrection, if the Jews accepted Him en mass. However, He left Himself an out, if they did not, by the church age. It was a mystery age, that the old covenant prophets knew nothing at all about. Personally, it does not bother me that the "last days" will be about 2000 years. this seems much more sane that to say that the book of Revelation has already come and gone. That is just goofy.

Coop

lecoop said:
How long was "the first days?" (Adam to the flood?) 1656 years!

How long was "the days of the patirarchs?" (Flood to Moses) About 850 years.

How long was the age of law? (Moses to Christ?) 1495 years.

Should it be any wonder then, that this age, i.e., the "last days" should be an extended period of time?

It seems that God had the books written, so that He would be free to bring the end right after Jesus' resurrection, if the Jews accepted Him en mass. However, He left Himself an out, if they did not, by the church age. It was a mystery age, that the old covenant prophets knew nothing at all about. Personally, it does not bother me that the "last days" will be about 2000 years. this seems much more sane that to say that the book of Revelation has already come and gone. That is just goofy.

Coop

1. The time from Adam to the flood is never referenced as the "first days".

2. The time from the Flood to Moses isn't referred to as the "last days".

3. You have the "last days" lasting longer than the entire Mosaic Age.

This approach makes the term "last days" meaningless. If the "last days" is the Church Age, you have the Churches last days beginning at the same time of the Churches beginning. It makes no sense. Its like saying a persons last days begin at the childs birth. Talk about goofy.

preterist said:
1. The time from Adam to the flood is never referenced as the "first days".

2. The time from the Flood to Moses isn't referred to as the "last days".

3. You have the "last days" lasting longer than the entire Mosaic Age.

This approach makes the term "last days" meaningless. If the "last days" is the Church Age, you have the Churches last days beginning at the same time of the Churches beginning. It makes no sense. Its like saying a persons last days begin at the childs birth. Talk about goofy.

I called it "the first days," because that is what it was, as compared to " the last days."

Point 2 above: I called it the age of the patriarchs. Thw point was not what to call it, but how long it was.

Point 3 above: No, "I" don't have them lasting that long, the word of God does.

Coop

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back