Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study GOD Spirit, Will Reveal To Us The Truth

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Tuesday 8-22-23 3rd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 5 5783, 63rd Summer Day

Continued from:

How To Identify God's Church?​

Monday 8-21-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 4 5783, 62nd Summer Day Continued From:

An individual or group which is continually growing in truth, and grace and knowledge of Christ, therefore, the evidence shows, has the Spirit of God. Any organization which resists new revealed truth, or denies it or shrugs it off with a spirit of apathy and neglect shows it either does not have the Spirit of God, or else that Spirit is fast disappearing from their ranks, being grieved by their carnal, selfish, rebellious attitude!

Paul wrote, \But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath REVEALED them unto us BY HIS SPIRIT; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep THINGS OF GOD" {Cor. 2:9-10}.

Paul explains, \Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"{v.12}.

How, then, can we recognize the Spirit of God? What are it's fruits?

Knowledge alone is not the answer. Impressive buildings are not the answer. Beautiful buildings, landscaping, lush campuses, and mass circulation magazines are not the answer. If you look to those things, you will be deceived.

The apostle Paul wrote, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law (Gal.5:22-23}.

The Key to recognizing any group or individual who is truly Christ is to do what Jesus said, -- LOOK AT THE FRUITS! The fruits of God's Spirit are listed above. Study them carefully and then compare the real acts, actions, and BEHAVIOR of any group, Church or individual with these Biblical Criteria. Only then can you be sure of finding a true Church of God with which to fellowship!

So many have gone astray, today, and get their minds off of this fundamental truth. They would try to convince you that the proof of \God's Church" is merely Biblical understanding and knowledge. But even the Pharisees had that! And Jesus said to them, \Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"{Matt. 23:33).

Those who try to convince you that the way to discover the true 'Church of God" usually have an ulterior motive; they want you to join them and they alone constitute the true end-time representatives of the Church of God! Why do they want to do this? They seek your money, your tithes and offerings; they seek to DEVOUR you!

Paul wrote of those kinds of ministers, when he said, "O foolish Galatians, who hat bewitched you, that ye should not obey the TRUTH, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

"Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain" (Gal.3:1-4).

To be continued:

There is no " magic " method to find the truth or a good church.
Just like an athlete or a soldier, we have to work at these things starting with our own biblical knowledge and spiritual maturity.
As we listen to preachers or to bible talks we have to compare what they are saying to what the bible in our hand actually says.
Is it in context, is it in agreement with other biblical passages etc?
A church or a Christian does there words match there deeds?
Is there talk about love demonstrated in how they love the unlovely?

This all takes work.

There is no " magic " method to find the truth or a good church.
Just like an athlete or a soldier, we have to work at these things starting with our own biblical knowledge and spiritual maturity.
As we listen to preachers or to bible talks we have to compare what they are saying to what the bible in our hand actually says.
Is it in context, is it in agreement with other biblical passages etc?
A church or a Christian does there words match there deeds?
Is there talk about love demonstrated in how they love the unlovely?

This all takes work.
Hello, Who Me, Amen, Brother, There is but only one true doctrine, which belongs to The Father, and it is called The Church Of God.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
An individual or group which is continually growing in truth, and grace and knowledge of Christ, therefore, the evidence shows, has the Spirit of God. Any organization which resists new revealed truth, or denies it or shrugs it off with a spirit of apathy and neglect shows it either does not have the Spirit of God, or else that Spirit is fast disappearing from their ranks, being grieved by their carnal, selfish, rebellious attitude!
Any examples of new revealed truth that the Church of God has accepted ?

What needs to be clarified?
A simple question is not understood, so may be a complex question will be.
The church of God is used by many sects, which one do you belong to?

Are you for.lowers of the church of latter-day saints, or of the church of Sun moon from Korea.
Are you members of the roman Catholic Church, they regard there organisation as the only valid Church of God.
Possible you come from some weird group I haven't heard of, after all you don't use standard Western dating.

Just what do you mean by Church of God?

Are you for.lowers of the church of latter-day saints, or of the church of Sun moon from Korea.
Are you members of the roman Catholic Church, they regard there organisation as the only valid Church of God.
Possible you come from some weird group I haven't heard of, after all you don't use standard Western dating.

Just what do you mean by Church of God?
I am a member of this "Church of God " , one more example .
https://churchofgod.org/beliefs/declaration-of-faith/

We are not members of any organization now but are seeking and looking at some Church Of God doctrines.

Then do you believe that every Christian, who is a believer in Jesus is a member of the Christian church regardless of what physical organisation they belong to.
Certain Christians do as they will, but No, We do not believe the way you are saying.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ… Romans 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and ... - Bible

Last edited:
Hey All,
"Any organization which resists new revealed truth, or denies it or shrugs it off with a spirit of apathy and neglect shows it either does not have the Spirit of God, or else that Spirit is fast disappearing from their ranks, being grieved by their carnal, selfish, rebellious attitude!"
Quote from Walter and Debbie

I would like to focus in on what you believe is "new revealed truth." That is cultic speak for the justification of adding doctrine that otherwise does not exist.
Mormonism, for example, allows three other books to be regarded as scripture equal to the Bible.
1. The King James Version of the Bible
2. The Book of Mormon
3. The Doctrine and Covenants
4. The Pearl of Great Price.

Would you say these other books are Scripture?
Mormons regard them as "new revealed truth."
(Please rest assured. If you are Mormon, I still welcome you. But I have to disagree with what you call Scripture.)

As Christians, we believe that the Bible is the revealed truth of God. Once John completed The Revelation he stamped it complete with this warning:

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

In my experience, "new revealed truth" is used to lead people astray. So you can understand my concern.
The other concern I have is with the guilt trip trying to be placed upon me. Accordingly, if I don't agree I somehow lack the Spirit of God. That is manipulative phrasing. How does questioning whether something is Scriptural grieve the Spirit?

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

The Bible commends us to search the scriptures to find out what is true. So when I am condemned for not taking what someone says as truth, and the Bible calls me noble for checking it out, which one do you believe I will follow? How is doing this grieving the Spirit?
Doing this is neither carnal, selfish, nor rebellious. (Again, manipulative phrasing.) I believe it is expected.

All I need to know for salvation, and my relationship with God and other people, can be found in the Bible. It is where I find my straight and narrow way. The Bible, with the help of the Holy Spirit keeps me walking with joy in my heart. I don't want anything more. I don't need anything more.

To everybody, be careful of "new revealed truth." Just about every cult uses it to manipulate people to believe their teachings. If the Bible doesn't say so, guess what? It ain't true. Keep walking everybody. May God,
Taz

"Any organization which resists new revealed truth, or denies it or shrugs it off with a spirit of apathy and neglect shows it either does not have the Spirit of God, or else that Spirit is fast disappearing from their ranks, being grieved by their carnal, selfish, rebellious attitude!"
Quote from Walter and Debbie
Something is wrong with this, God's Word Is Always Truth.

Don't change the subject. What is "new revealed truth?" What do I check it against?
Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
"I'm not trying to change anything, there is no new truth." Quote from Walter and Debbie

You wrote it in your first post in this thread. You are using it to identify God's church:

Continued from:

How To Identify God's Church?
Monday 8-21-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 4 5783, 62nd Summer Day Continued From:

Are you honestly telling me that is not your post; that "new revealed truth" is not there?

I know what The Weekly Cycle is and who publishes it.
Tell me this also. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is actually the archangel Michael?
Do you know who Ellen White is?

Taz

Hey All,
"I'm not trying to change anything, there is no new truth." Quote from Walter and Debbie

You wrote it in your first post in this thread. You are using it to identify God's church:

Continued from:

How To Identify God's Church?

Are you honestly telling me that is not your post; that "new revealed truth" is not there?

I know what The Weekly Cycle is and who publishes it.
Tell me this also. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is actually the archangel Michael?
Do you know who Ellen White is?

Taz
Josef, In this post: https://christianforums.net/threads/god-spirit-will-reveal-to-us-the-truth.100076/#post-1812549

You left out something very important, An individual or group which is continually growing in truth, and grace and knowledge of Christ, therefore, the evidence shows, has the Spirit of God.

Back