Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Colossians 2: NASB

Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Colossians 2:6‭-‬10 NASB
http://bible.com/100/col.2.6-10.NASB

Immanuel = God with us.

Matthew 1:23 (ESV)
"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us).

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

I know Jesus is God but I was thinking of this verse Hebrews 2:7 ESV You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor,

When Jesus accepted the task ahead, He had to come as man so that a man could succeed where Adam failed. He came without godly power, and as a man even angles had more. His achievements were always credited to His Father.
Joh 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

When Adam failed he was clothed with a sacrifice in
Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them to cover his nakedness. Blood was necessary and in Heb 9:22 we read: without shedding of blood is no remission.
Now that blood back there in Genesis only pointed to what Jesus would provide for the entire world as the Lamb of God, and Jesus had to do it as a man for yours and my sins.

When Jesus accepted the task ahead, He had to come as man so that a man could succeed where Adam failed. He came without godly power, and as a man even angles had more. His achievements were always credited to His Father.
Joh 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

When Adam failed he was clothed with a sacrifice in
Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them to cover his nakedness. Blood was necessary and in Heb 9:22 we read: without shedding of blood is no remission.
Now that blood back there in Genesis only pointed to what Jesus would provide for the entire world as the Lamb of God, and Jesus had to do it as a man for yours and my sins.

But he was still God I mean he the alpha and the omega the first and the last the beginning and the end.

But he was still God I mean he the alpha and the omega the first and the last the beginning and the end.
Yes but again in Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
I heard or read this somewhere that if Jesus would have one time used His Godly power that He could not have become our head, for what problem would He have as God performing any miracle and become our example?

I'm confused was Jesus just a man for the duration he was on earth or was he God but he just didn't use his power?

I'm sorry Brother Brock for not making this something you can see. I'll remove myself for the time being and allow someone else to bring forth other thoughts that may clear it up for you. :wave2

I'm sorry Brother Brock for not making this something you can see. I'll remove myself for the time being and allow someone else to bring forth other thoughts that may clear it up for you. :wave2

It's alright I forgive you, not that ever did anything to me I'm just saying.

What were prophets of the Old Testiment? Were they just men with the Holy Spirit? Or were they men with a message from God. Jesus did more then any prophet with both His teachings and His miracles. He forgave sins, caste out demons, commanded even the wind and waves of a sea storm. I don't think we should look at Jesus to be a man that did not have God's divine power. He didn't give it up to be among men, but what He did do is come to serve and save us. Teach and heal us. Possibly to be an example for us by the way He lived.

There's parts of the gospel that show Jesus's relationship to God. Calling Himself the Son, and God the Father. God speaking saying this is His Son while three of the desciples were on a mountiantop with Jesus. Jesus going out privitely to pray. And when Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead, He thanked His Father for always listening to Him. The relationship is so close that when the desciples asked Jesus to show them God, He told them that they've seen Jesus, so they've seen God. No one else could ever claim this.

Because of these things my views on the Trinity are ... complicated and occasionally controversial. But I have no doubt that Jesus is the Son of God. He was not empowered by the Holy Spirit, Jesus send the Holy Spirit out to us after He returned to His Father. No one except God or His Son could do this. I'm sure of that.

I'm confused was Jesus just a man for the duration he was on earth or was he God but he just didn't use his power?
Oh don't be alarmed, people have stumbled on this for centuries.

Fully man AND fully God.
Yes, He limited himself. He wanted to not be a dictator that says "Do as I say, not as I do"

He was just one of us while here on Earth so He could understand all of our human condition. He didn't come as royalty...Just as a common man...A construction laborer. A low class citizen. An average guy...With an extraordinary purpose and an extraordinary faith.

No political clout, no wealth, no social status. Even though it was He that made everything.

Was Jesus God on earth or was he just human with the Holy Spirit?

Two verses are revealed:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... John 1:14

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him... Luke 3:22

During all of Job sorrows he knew he had walk uprightly with God. But Job also knew that God was upright without any fault or sin so he cried out this statement concerning God:
32) For He is not a man, as I am, that I should answer Him, and we should come together in judgment.
33) Neither is there any Daysman betwixt us, that might lay His hand upon us both.
Job 9:32-33

When Jesus came to earth He was fully God, Isaiah 48:16-17; John 1:14 ; I John 5:20. But He was also was man for He became flesh. Christ became human to destroy the devil"s power.
9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
14) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.
Hebrews 2:9, 14

By becoming human (while still being God for God can't cease for God is eternal) Christ became the Daysman Job had desire. We as believers now have our intercessor between us and the Father, Jesus the Only Begotten Son, see Hebrews 7:22-25 and Romans 8:34.

So when Jesus die for our sin, He tasted what it was like to be human and He has always known what it is to be God so He could become a mediator between men and God.

100 % man and 100 % God, He was both. Jesus is God, the Son of God but God, and they said you couldn't explain the trinity. The trinity is a real mystery to the carnal mind.
To the spiritual mind I would say don't even try to figure it out, just believe it for its truth. Our God is one but yet, there is the Father, Son, and the HolyGhost.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back