Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study God's Covenant With Noah, After The Flood

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Thursday 10-22-20 Cheshvan 4, 5781 5th. day of the weekly cycle,
31st. Fall Day

God's Covenant With Noah: Genesis Nine:1-17, After The Flood:18-29,
The Sons Of Noah 18-19, Ham's Sin 20-24, The Curse Of Canaan 25-27,
Noah's Death 28, 29

Genesis Nine
King James Bible Par ▾

The Covenant of the Rainbow

1And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. 5And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

7And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

8And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, 9And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. 17And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Noah's Sons

18And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. 19These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.

Noah's Shame and Canaan's Curse

20And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 21And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. 22And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. 23And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness. 24And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

25And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Shem's Blessing and Noah's Death

26And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

27God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

28And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years. 29And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

Genesis Ten:1-32 The Family Of Japheth 1-5, The Family Of Ham 6-14,
The Family Of Canaan 15-20, The Family Of Shem 21-32.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

God created Man in his own image. "God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Genesis 1:28. He placed Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

They sinned against God and lost the ability to rule over every living creature that moves on the ground.

God made another covenant with Noah, after destroying every living thing, including man, on earth. "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands." Genesis 9:1-2.

Once again, Man sinned against God and lost the ability to rule over every living creature.

The divine nature of God in Man should cause all the beasts of the earth to fear and dread of us, but we marred that glory with sin. We fear lions, tigers, snakes, etc. The fear and dread of animals are on human beings instead of the other way round.

Yet, those who walk in righteousness and are in Christ Jesus are re-positioned once again to cause the beasts to fear. But they must know the God they serve. Daniel was thrown into the den of lions and came out alive. He knew the God he served.

This is not a post for anyone to climb into an enclosed lion's den as many had done and became food for lions. It is indirectly moaning the glory we lost when we fell into sin. Some of the blessings can only be reclaimed through Christ Jesus and even, it is they that know they God that shall do wonders. Daniel 11:32b

Good thread. And just as importantly, Noah is mentioned in the Christian NT, giving credence to the Jews and Gentiles Gentiles of the days Noah...........

Luk 3:36 the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
1Pe 3:20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited[fn] in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
2Pe 2:5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;
=======================================
"rainbow" occurs 6 times in 6 verses

Gen 9:13 “I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
Gen 9:14 “It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud;
Gen 9:16 “The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

Ezekiel 1 mentions rainbow and clouds.

Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the rainbow [fn]in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.
==========================
Rainbow is also mentioned in Revelation:

Rev 4:3 And He who sat there was[fn] like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.
Rev 10:1 I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.
-----------------------------------

Last edited:
Genesis 9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth/land.
According to these passages, the skies and land are/were reserved for fire.

Note what Jesus said here concerning 1st century Israel, Judea and Jerusalem:

Luke 12:49 'Fire I came to cast upon the land[Israel/Judea?], and what will I if already it was kindled?

2Pe 3:5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
2Pe 3:6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens/skies and the land which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
================
Joe 2:3 A fire consumes before them And behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them But a desolate wilderness behind them, And nothing at all escapes them.
Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold Shall be able to deliver them In the day of the LORD's wrath;
But the whole land shall be devoured By the fire of His jealousy, For He will make speedy riddance Of all those who dwell in the land.
=============================
Jas 5:3 Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days
===============================
Rev 18:12 “merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet, every kind of citron wood, every kind of object of ivory, every kind of object of most precious wood, bronze, iron, and marble;
Rev 18:18and cried out when they saw the smoke of Her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great City?’
=================================

Last edited:
Genesis 9:4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. 5And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. 6Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Ezekiel makes reference to that here:

Ezekiel 38:21 Then will I call against him every terror, declareth Adonay Yahweh.
The sword of every man against his brother shall be;
As does Jesus:

Matthew 10: 21 "Brother will deliver up brother to death, and the father his child. Children will rise up against parents, and cause them to be put to death. 22n You will be hated by all men for my name's sake, but he who endures to the end will be saved.
34 "No you should be supposing that I came to be casting Peace upon the land. Not I came to be casting Peace, but a Sword
Revelation 6:4 and there went forth another horse--red, and to him who is sitting upon it, there was given to him to take the peace from the land, and that one another they may slay, and there was given to him a great sword.
Jesus blamed only one generation of people for the shedding of all the blood on the earth:

Luk 11:50 that the blood of all the prophets, that is being poured forth from the foundation of the world, may be required from this generation;
Rev 18:24 and in her blood of prophets and of saints was found, and of all those who have been slain on the earth.'
Josephus writes about what was going on within 1st century Judea, Jerusalem and Israel when the Jews rebelled against Rome......
Peace was indeed taken from the land........
Jer 52:4 And it cometh to pass, in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth of the month, come hath Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon -- he and all his force -- against Jerusalem, and they encamp against it, and build against it a fortification round about;
There appears to be some OT references concerning the Rebels in Jerusalem prior to 70ad......
Eze 20:38 - “I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
Hos 5:2 - The rebels are knee-deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them.
I believe Josephus and the history of the Jews should be a must read for every Christian that is a serious student of the Bible.
I particular like this site, tho there are others. It shows a lot of OT and NT references concerning that event:

ttps://www.bible.ca/pre-destruction70AD-george-holford-1805AD.htm
............. While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers, who plundered the towns; and, in case of resistance, slew the inhabitants, not sparing either women or children...... The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness. Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered. The dead bodies of priests and worshippers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts.
At this critical and alarming c onjuncture, intelligence arrived that the Roman an army was approaching the city........

From the time of the Babylonian captivity, idolatry had been held as an abomination by the Jews. This national aversion was manifested even against the images of their gods and emperors, which the Roman armies carried in their standards ; so that, in a time of peace, Pilate, and afterwards Vitellius, at the request of some eminent Jews, on this account avoided marching their forces throu' Judea. Of the desolating disposition which now governed the Roman army, the history of the Jewish war, and especially of the final demolition of the holy city, presents an awful and signal example. Jerusalem was not captured merely, but, with its celebrated temple, laid in ruins.........
The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover ; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah ! At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival. How suitable and how kind, then, was the prophetic admonition of our LORD, and how clearly he into futurity when he said "Let not them that are in the countries enter into Jerusalem." Luke xxi. 21.
This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A. D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding.

Last edited:
Back