Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Gog/Magog is NOT Armageddon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

pretrib

Ezekial 38;19 clearly uses the words,..."GOD'S WRATH" Not only is Ezekial 38:19 is Gods Wrath,..but Ezekial 38;18 says His "FURY" shall come up in His face.
Angry is one thing,...it is an entirely different emotion to use the word ..."FURY"!
Unless you are willing to debate this,..then one has nothing to stand on.

Out of curiosity, when do you believe this battle in Ezekiel 38 will take place? Theologians seemed to have batted the timing around for years and are baffled. Jewish eschatologists put it in the time frame of the "birth pangs of the Messiah" which is equivalent to the Tribulation. I always took that as one of the wars against the beast as "tidings out of the east and the north (i.e. Northeast of Israel) will trouble him" after he does that abomination thing mid-Trib. This is how Israel can "feel" secure when they were duped into a false sense of security thinking the beast was the Messiah.

The Church of God and similar groups actually place it during or just after the Millennium if I understood them correctly. I don't believe the Gog and Magog in Revelation is the same even as in Ezekiel 38. I'll tell you why. The location that they come from is all together different and in itself implies to me a separate event.

Out of curiosity, when do you believe this battle in Ezekiel 38 will take place? Theologians seemed to have batted the timing around for years and are baffled. Jewish eschatologists put it in the time frame of the "birth pangs of the Messiah" which is equivalent to the Tribulation. I always took that as one of the wars against the beast as "tidings out of the east and the north (i.e. Northeast of Israel) will trouble him" after he does that abomination thing mid-Trib. This is how Israel can "feel" secure when they were duped into a false sense of security thinking the beast was the Messiah.

The Church of God and similar groups actually place it during or just after the Millennium if I understood them correctly. I don't believe the Gog and Magog in Revelation is the same even as in Ezekiel 38. I'll tell you why. The location that they come from is all together different and in itself implies to me a separate event.

You are correct,..the two envent happen at seperate locations.
The Valley of Hamon-Gog is located east of the Dead sea,...and the valley of Megiddio,..is located to the extreme northwest of the dead sea.

Allow me to post this as in answer to your question.

Joe 2:3 A fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns; the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yes, and none has escaped [the ravages of the devouring hordes].

My Reply:
For a long time before May 14, 1948 and in the early days when Israel was declared a nation,...the Land was desolate and barren.
But it was prophesied that Israel would become like the garden of Eden.
Ezekiel 36:35 (New King James Version)
35 So they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden; and the wasted, desolate, and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’

Also Joel 2;16 says:
Let the bridegroom leave his room

and the bride her chamber.

So it is at the time just moments before this invasion of Israel in the Ezekial 38 battle when the Rapture of the Bride would occur.

Also,...Joel 2;20
20“I will drive the northern army far from you,

pushing it into a parched and barren land,

with its front columns going into the eastern seab

and those in the rear into the western sea.c

And its stench will go up;

its smell will rise.â€

This is a geographical description of Russia and surrounding nations.
When one reads Ezekial 38;15 King James Amplified bible,....It states that it is the power from the utter most north that attacks Israel.
If you were to draw a line beginning with Jerusalem drawing due north not moving a hair space to the left or right,...you will find that you have drawn a line straight thru Moscow Russia center for center!
Ezekial 39;11
Talks about that bad smell that you read here in Joel 2;20

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers : and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

When you read Ezekial 38;18-20
This is when the Day of the Lord begins, that continues throughout all of Daniels 70th week the Time of Jacobs trouble.
We all know that the Bride is caught up to meet the Lord in the air just prior to the beginning Day of The Lord.
Ezekial 38;18-20
which matches perfectly with revelation 6;14-17, Isaiah 2;19,
Joel 2
Take notice that this Ezekial 38 battle occurs when Israel and the World believes that they are dwelling safely.

Now,..the Lord could have described the flood in detail,...BUT! He did not! Instead He chose to point out a scenerio that they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark.Just as the world was saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.(i Thessalonians 5;3)Verse 4;16-17 occurs "BEFORE" verse 5;3
Ezekial 38...describes that the world was living in peace and Israel and the world was not expecting an attack against Israel which is also the time that God's FURY came up in His face, Gods Wrath had Been activated by this attack..It is the beginning of the "Day of the Lord"
The two women grinding at the mill,..a description of normal life,..The Lord added this description to make sure all the einstein's and little rose peddles, of the world clearly got the picture that He intended

What I am pointing out is that the Day of the Lord begins with Exekial 38;18-20....which matches with revelation 6;14-17.....and joel 2 and that the rapture(Caught Up) occurs just before Gods Wrath(Look at above description again)

Jesus is coming to take us home people,...Get Ready,..Whoo Hoo!

Please ask more questions about this,..I have much to offer in this topic.

You are correct,..the two envent happen at seperate locations.
The Valley of Hamon-Gog is located east of the Dead sea,...and the valley of Megiddio,..is located to the extreme northwest of the dead sea.

Allow me to post this as in answer to your question.

Joe 2:3 A fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns; the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yes, and none has escaped [the ravages of the devouring hordes].

My Reply:
For a long time before May 14, 1948 and in the early days when Israel was declared a nation,...the Land was desolate and barren.
But it was prophesied that Israel would become like the garden of Eden.
Ezekiel 36:35 (New King James Version)
35 So they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden; and the wasted, desolate, and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’

Also Joel 2;16 says:
Let the bridegroom leave his room

and the bride her chamber.

So it is at the time just moments before this invasion of Israel in the Ezekial 38 battle when the Rapture of the Bride would occur.

Also,...Joel 2;20
20“I will drive the northern army far from you,

pushing it into a parched and barren land,

with its front columns going into the eastern seab

and those in the rear into the western sea.c

And its stench will go up;

its smell will rise.â€

This is a geographical description of Russia and surrounding nations.
When one reads Ezekial 38;15 King James Amplified bible,....It states that it is the power from the utter most north that attacks Israel.
If you were to draw a line beginning with Jerusalem drawing due north not moving a hair space to the left or right,...you will find that you have drawn a line straight thru Moscow Russia center for center!
Ezekial 39;11
Talks about that bad smell that you read here in Joel 2;20

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers : and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

When you read Ezekial 38;18-20
This is when the Day of the Lord begins, that continues throughout all of Daniels 70th week the Time of Jacobs trouble.
We all know that the Bride is caught up to meet the Lord in the air just prior to the beginning Day of The Lord.
Ezekial 38;18-20
which matches perfectly with revelation 6;14-17, Isaiah 2;19,
Joel 2
Take notice that this Ezekial 38 battle occurs when Israel and the World believes that they are dwelling safely.

Now,..the Lord could have described the flood in detail,...BUT! He did not! Instead He chose to point out a scenerio that they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark.Just as the world was saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.(i Thessalonians 5;3)Verse 4;16-17 occurs "BEFORE" verse 5;3
Ezekial 38...describes that the world was living in peace and Israel and the world was not expecting an attack against Israel which is also the time that God's FURY came up in His face, Gods Wrath had Been activated by this attack..It is the beginning of the "Day of the Lord"
The two women grinding at the mill,..a description of normal life,..The Lord added this description to make sure all the einstein's and little rose peddles, of the world clearly got the picture that He intended

What I am pointing out is that the Day of the Lord begins with Exekial 38;18-20....which matches with revelation 6;14-17.....and joel 2 and that the rapture(Caught Up) occurs just before Gods Wrath(Look at above description again)

Jesus is coming to take us home people,...Get Ready,..Whoo Hoo!

Please ask more questions about this,..I have much to offer in this topic.

Yes, thanks for that insight. The timing seems to correlate with what I always thought but I wanted to make sure.

Luk 11:9 ¶ And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Consider what you are scouring the scriptures for; Fish or serpent; Truth or vain affirmation. People tend to see what they want to see, so make sure your wants are in line with the will of God. Prophetic interpretation that never comes true should be examined sceptically.:squinting

Ezekial 38;19 clearly uses the words,..."GOD'S WRATH" Not only is Ezekial 38:19 is Gods Wrath,..but Ezekial 38;18 says His "FURY" shall come up in His face.
Angry is one thing,...it is an entirely different emotion to use the word ..."FURY"!
Unless you are willing to debate this,..then one has nothing to stand on.

I feel like I just stepped into a movie that's half over. What's this all about? :chin

The similarity between the two is that God wins both times!! :clap

Yep, but the ways of The Lord are mysterious. He's not always necessarily fighting for the side we might think He is.:o

Jos 5:13 ¶ And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, [Art] thou for us, or for our adversaries?
Jos 5:14 - And he said, Nay; but [as] captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
Jos 5:15 - And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest [is] holy. And Joshua did so.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back