Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[__ Prayer __] Grant Neither Poverty or Riches...

R

Restin

A prayer recorded in Proberbs .....

• Prov 30:7 Two things I asked of You,
    Do not refuse me before I die:

8 Keep deception and lies far from me,
    Give me neither poverty nor riches;
    Feed me with the food that is my portion,

9 That I not be full and deny You and say, "Who is the LORD?"
    Or that I not be in want and steal,
    And profane the name of my God.

NASU, w/emphasis supplied
AMEN!

What he asking is to alway depend on our Lord and to be content in what ever situation we find ourselves... Not to be so rich that he forgets God, Jesus pointed out that it is hard for a rich man to get into heaven (Matt. 19:23,24).. and not so poor that he feel hopeless and has to steal to survive. Like Paul we can learn how to live wheather we have little or plenty.

It is a prayer I have prayed for years. Another one is Ps. 139:23. Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
24. And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.

Learn to be Content

Thanks Judy for reminding me of Paul --
  • Phil 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
    NASU
........Restin

Back