Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Growing Experience, the Wonderful Ordination of the Creator

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Follow God

Looking back on my growth experience, I truly see the ordination of God though it is full of variables. From my childhood, my mother asked me to learn the violoncello, hoping I could join a band when I grew up. Since then, I had been always pursuing on that path. When I graduated from the junior high school, I received a call from a conservatory of music which asked me to attend their interview. However, I missed it because I overslept. As a result, I went astray from the path my mother set for me.

During my college years, I went shopping for clothes with several of my intimate friends every day. We even talked over the plan of running a clothing store after graduation, so that we could get together and have new clothes to wear every day while earning money. The dream in school days was plump but the reality was skinny. After graduation from the college, we drifted apart in spite of ourselves. Once again, I went astray from the path I wanted.

Then, I began to look for jobs. At the very start, I looked for jobs based on my major, but was denied all the time for lacking experience. Later, even though I lowered my standard and tried to do some jobs that had nothing to do with my major, I still could not settle in a steady job.

Until one day, I came into contact with the profession of kindergarten teacher by an accidental chance. At that time, I held out no hope, for I neither majored in this nor had any experience on it. But much to my surprise, I got the job without taking the employment interview, which was just like a dream to me. From then on, I no longer played the violoncello but often played the piano because of the need of my job.

Then, I was much puzzled about these variables, but at the same time I felt very marvelous. It seems like my fate has been arranged by someone, and so I walk until now. It was not until several days ago, when I readAlmighty God’s words, I understood it. Almighty God says, “Can one achieve everything one desires in life? How many things over the few decades of your existence have you been able to accomplish as you wished? How many things do not happen as expected? How many things come as pleasant surprises? How many things are you still waiting to bear fruit—unconsciously awaiting the right moment, awaiting the will of Heaven? How many things make you feel helpless and thwarted? Everyone is full of hopes about their fate, and anticipates that everything in their life will go as they wish, that they will not want for food or clothing, that their fortunes will rise spectacularly. Nobody wants a life that is poor and downtrodden, full of hardships, beset by calamities. But people cannot foresee or control these things. … Although living among all things, people derive enjoyment from the many ways in which the world satisfies their material needs, though they see this material world constantly advancing, their own experience—what their hearts and their spirits feel and experience—has nothing to do with material things, and nothing material is a substitute for it. It is a recognition deep in one’s heart, something that cannot be seen with the naked eye. This recognition lies in one’s understanding of, and one’s feeling of, human life and human fate. And it often leads one to the apprehension that an unseen Master is arranging all things, orchestrating everything for man. In the midst of all this, one cannot but accept fate’s arrangements and orchestrations; at the same time, one cannot but accept the path ahead that the Creator has laid out, the Creator’s sovereignty over one’s fate. This is an undisputed fact. No matter what insight and attitude one holds about fate, no one can change this fact.

God’s words are so practical. From these words, I understood that man’s life is under God’s sovereignty and ordination, and man cannot foresee or control it. It is because that only God is possessed of the unique authority. Looking back on the course of my growing up, I found many things were full of variables. As God’s word has revealed, it is not decided by any man. My fate is decided neither by my mother nor me, but is decided by God’s sovereignty. God’s words enlightened me at once. Meanwhile, I truly felt that God’s sovereignty and arrangement is the best for me. Thank Almighty God!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back