Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

halloween part 1

HALLOWEEN

Here are some more ideas, for you to oppose this evil.

You can pray binding the power of Satan.. and get your church and house group together to do the same. Have a prayer meeting at your church on the date of Halloween or open up your home for a prayer meeting

You can prayer walk you area.. applying the blood of Jesus to every house.

You can give out gospels to every child who comes to your house Trick or Treating.

You can speak out against the evils of Halloween.. we need people who will stand up and say "THUS SAYS THE LORD."

Please share this devotion with all your friends and groups esp place on Facebook.

Thanks, and God bless

Keith

NOONDAY DEVOTION BY KEITH
REPROVE AND CHALLENGE ALL EVIL WAYS

11 Take no part in and have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds and enterprises of darkness, but instead [let your lives be so in contrast as to] [d]expose and reprove and convict them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of or mention the things that [such people] practice in secret.
13 But when anything is exposed and reproved by the light, it is made visible and clear; and where everything is visible andclear there is light.
14 Therefore He says, Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine (make day dawn) upon you and give you light.
15 Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people),
16 Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil.

The Lord has laid this devotion on my heart. I feel very passionately about the evils of Halloween.

Now I know many believers think I am going over the top on this issue, so let's start with these verses in Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry,witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Do you notice anything believer?.. yes, Witchcraft is included in this list.

Jesus talks about things like adultery and murder in the Sermon on the Mount; He says that if you do them in your heart, you are as guilty as those who actually do them.. what about participating in Halloween?

Well, if you let you children dress up in ghostly costumes, or place carved pumpkins outside your house.. you are involving yourself in this evil practice, when God clearly tells you in his word to have nothing to do with it.. forgive me, I am a bit slow.. but even a slow person like realises that this for what it is.. DISOBEDIENCE.

What does the first part of Ephesians 5:11 say.. HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WORKS OF DARKNESS.. IT MEANS EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS!!!.

The Ephesian believers had a great bonfire and burnt all their pagan books.. they took these verses to heart, more to the point, they obeyed them.

Believers want God to be their friend.. well, He is.. If you obey Him. He demands that you burn all this Halloween stuff and that you do not participate in this godless and pagan holiday.

If Christians acted like the Ephesian believers and burned all this rubbish, we would have bonfires stretching all across America and other countries. I estimate and I am just guessing here that Evangelical Bible believing Christians spend up to 100 million in many currencies on Halloween food, costumes etc. How much would world missions benefit if that money was given to support the work of the church overseas? How many missionaries are struggling for support and the church wastes money on this rubbish?

Now I won't be the only person teaching or preaching this in the run up to Halloween, but some people do not get it.. it is TIME TO OBEY THE LORD AND TO HAVE NO FELLOWSHIP WITH THE WORKS OF DARKNESS.

This so-called holiday is in the realm of the devil.. he is our enemy.. it seems some Christians have crossed over to the enemy's side for the time leading up to Halloween.

IF you go on any social media site such as FACEBOOK and click on the satanic groups, their groups have up to 20,000 members, my brothers and sisters, the devil is not playing games, we laugh at Nero and say he fiddled whilst Rome burnt, but in joining in with the Halloween fun, we play with fire. We are not to fiddle about with these things, we are to rebuke this evil. The first settlers that came to America would be shocked to see this across the country, this was not brought by them.

Back