Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Harry Potter - Take Four

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

StrongBad

Editted Spelling - Early morning typos

I was worried about this movie. My favorite of the books so far and the movies just hadn't been cutting it for me. What with Rupert Grint's inability to act and the new Dumbledore, I was worried. That didn't stop me from going to a midnight showing though.

First time I've done that, and I've decided that it will be nessecary view the remaining movies this way. At any rate, still worried about the movie, I settled in for the previews. I love previews, they rock. You crazy mamma-jammas that don't like them are insane. Attached to Harry Potter were Superman, Narnia, the new M. Night Shymanlan movie, and Happy Feet. Narnia is a longer trailer and rocked. You all need to see this trailer. Happy Feet looks like a spoof on March of the Penguins and has Robin Williams voicing some penguins. Looked funny, good renter, I believe. Superman does have me worried a bit. Even with Bryan Singer helming it, I wasn't feeling the trailer.

Anyways, stuff that matters

I was sold by the first five minutes. Great, just bang on with everything. The opening was just like the book with the snake slithering up through the garden and into the Riddle Mansion, it was perfect. Then the crazy pace started. It was nuts and fast, but I understand. The World Cup which I was very excited about, consisted of a very flashy opening and then it was done, then the deatheaters were attacking, then it was over, then Harry was stranded in the field, then the dark mark appeared, then they were on the train. The pace was nuts, but it settled down a little after that, and I didn't notice pacing anymore.

Krum was great, well cast there guys, as was Fleur. And now word on Cedric. Dashing, smart, kind, everything a Hufflepuff should be and now people need to quit hatin' on Hufflepuff. They rock, end of story. Moody was fine, not great, just fine. Tom Felton is relishing being a horrid prat as Malfoy and that rocks. Emma Watson is cool and a great Herimoine. She's been easily the best of the trio. Dan Radcliffe is rocking out with Harry, finally. He's got a better handle on his character in this movie. And as for Rupert Grint, the writers have given him something else to do besides stand about and look like a bleedin' idiot. He's got comedic timing and the writers have noticed. He and Dame Maggie Smith were hilarious in the dancing scene, good stuff.

Ralph Fiennes. Voldemort. He Who Must Not Be Named. You Know Who. Fiennes is skincrawingly evil and I loved it. Great great great, bang on job there, Mr. Fiennes. I'm so glad they got Voldie right, and boy did they. From the minute he emerges from the cauldron, you know you're in a heap of trouble.

A lot of stuff was left out, a lot. And while cuts have to be made, I think some of the cuts they made will make filming the next movie very hard. People I found rather important have been cut from the movie and not even mentioned. And just other things, I for one would have wanted more of the World Cup, mostly because Quidditch rocks.

All in All, this is the best of the four movies right now. There's intentional humor, pure evil and...well, you don't need more than that. I give it 4 out of 5 bertie botts beans.

I agree! It was awesome. But i just couldn't get over the new Dummbledore. He lacked the grace, elegance and mystery that made Harris' performance so good. I found this new one to be somewhat crude with his lines, just spewing them out in a loud voice. Of course, Dumbledore's lines were wonderfully written by Rowling, and I can just imagine Harris reading them when i take to the actual books. Its too bad...I'll just have to get over it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back