Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have been single a LONG TIME

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hmm, am bored and was perusing the subforums here and noticed this sub. What are we allowed to talk about?

This is one issue that's been on my mind for many years. I was married to someone in a foreign country, but we were only together for 2.5 months. I divorced her earlier this year. But, with the exception of a couple of brief internet relationships, and that marriage that didn't work out, I've been single for 25 years. People don't notice me and ignore me and it's been like that a LONG TIME.

I've lived as a hermit as long. I've come to the point where I have mostly accepted this reality, and I realize I would be terrible in a romantic relationship anyway. I like the freedom to do what I want, when I want. But there are times when I do feel loneliness. As I've gotten older, I've wondered when I will ever meet anyone, if ever (I _do_ believe I will be alone the rest of my life).

I like friendships because it comes with all the benefits of a relationship without the drawbacks. You can come and go as you please and maintain a safe distance. But still, some times it would be nice to have someone.

Just posting my thoughts here.

Soooo... on the point of being single. I'm not really a social person in the real world. I can put on an act and be sociable when it's required, but inside I loathe it. I have two whole friends in my life, and I'm content with that for the most part.

There are other things, which I wont say here, that I think make me undesirable as a mate any way. Like my lack of desire for physical intimacy, for instance (I'm talking about within marriage, not outside marriage). I've been told I'm not a bad looking guy, but in the end, everyone passes me by and doesn't notice me.

Preferring to live within my house and have no social life probably doesn't help in meeting others. Some times I don't care and prefer it this way, some times I do feel lonely, but have become accustomed to finding those needs in friends, as I said above.

All in all, I'm approaching 50 and have been (basically) single a long time. I believe we only get one life, and times I regret the wasted time in my life. But otherwise? I don't know.

Not asking for nor do I need or want sympathy. Just talking is all.

Last edited:
Back