Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Heartbreaking Decision

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

Steve and I decided last night that the time had come to put our beloved dog Cleo down. She is just getting so old, and her hind hips are so weak that she struggles just to stand. We haven't told the kids yet. This will be very hard for them. Various animals have come and gone here on the farm, but Cleo has always been here. Steve got her before we were even married.

Her appointment is tomorrow. Steve's mom will drive me down to the vets with her.

I know that all you pet lovers will understand what this means and will uplift us in prayer as we go through this difficult time. :crying:

I understand perfectly, I had a miniature cocker spaniel that my daughter had given me & she became sick with parvo on the property and myself a friend had to take her into the vet to have her put to sleep. It broke my heart, but I new I couldn't let her suffer either so I understand completely. God Bless-

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

I can relate to this also, having been through it a couple of times... and now with two ten year old cats nearing that age, ugh. It's not so much the loss, but the haunting memories. I pray you hold on to any good memories you have between your family and dog. :fadein:

Thanks for the prayers. We told the kids the night before last and everyone said goodbye and cried and hugged. I took her in yesterday and our vet was very understanding. He's known Cleo for a long time himself, and I know it was even hard on him. We buried her here at our house and now everyone is doing OK. In everything give thanks, and I do thank God for the love and joy that Cleo gave us over the years. Last night after we buried her, we got to telling stories of all the goofy things that she's done over the years to keep a smile on our faces. Pets are fun and the time of heartbreak that we go through when we lose them is more than overwhelmed by the great times they provide us while they're here.

Cleo and me a few years back.

Dear handy,

I'm sorry about your dog. I know how attached we become. It's like losing a member of our family and part of who we are. I went through the loss of a dog as well, some years back. I still remember it like yesterday.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Chris

Back