Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[__ Prayer __] Help with Junk food

E

Eve777

I know this is a small thing but I really need help..Lately I can't seem to eat the right foods...I just keep eating junk :sad ....I have gained a little weight but that is not my problem.....I will do all right for a little while, then it's back to junk food...anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it? I would like to keep my temple healthy :) but I just seem to give in every single time and eat sweets...
I am trying again in the morning to try and conquer this. I will go to the grocery store and buy only healthy foods...please pray for me.. :)

I have prayed for you and wish you well. My wife has struggled with the same problem for years. Over the last few months though, she's eating right working out and lost a LOT of weight. I don't know exactly how she did it though...

I am a chocoholic. I used to be skin and bones when i was growing up so if i refused to eat from the table my Daddy would put me on his hip and carry me down to the local store to get me a bag of candy.
He figured at least i was eating something.
My family still teases me about it by telling me he did that until my legs were dragging the dirt.
My eating habbits are a lot better now, i finally devoloped an appetite for foods that are good for me but i still have to have my chocolate.
:bday:

God wants us to bring the little things to him as well as he larger things.

God, please help Eve and all of us who struggle with the eating too much junk food. Father, help us to ebven eat in a manner that brings glory to you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Eve,

It is HARD to change eating habits. I'm not overweight at all. IN fact, I've always been skin and bones. I was "blessed" with a very high metabolism.

BUT, I have always ate junk. And I still do. Cake, ice cream, cookies, fried everything, etc. We eat terrible and I am trying to change our meals, but it is SO hard. I don't know how to cook healthy. My husband and I went shopping the other week and I refused to buy canned veggies. I told him we were buying fresh or frozen only. Well, we ended up with Broccoli. I just don't know where to begin on a healthy diet. And frying is about the only way I know how to cook. My mom had a double bypass last year at the age of 55 and the doctors keep telling me that I'm going to end up just like her. I also don't exercise. I'm finally gaining weight and don't want to lose it.

So trust me....I understand where you're coming from.

Thank you all for your prayers. This is an update and a thank you for those who are praying for me. It is working. :)

I am now keeping things out of the house that tempt me and avoiding all the triggers that I can. Eating out before we shop is helping me and carrying a natural treat in the car when we leave the house, helps. Prayer changes things. :) I should have asked for help sooner. Just knowing you all are behind me is giving me strength to do it. :)

I am checking with my sister in law about the Candida. I forgot about that until I brought this post back up. Thanks.

Back