Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Here's one of the reasons that christian faith is falling.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

miamited

A news article actually telling people that christians don't even believe the things that are told to us in the Scriptures.

God bless,
Ted

christians don't even believe the things that are told to us in the Scriptures.
This has been truth since the 3rd century at least.
Still true today.
In a sense at least if people trust Jesus, follow Jesus, listen to Jesus and do not listen to nor follow what is false,
at least (we hope at least) pure hearts and minds are possible then.

That is how I meant my question -- how will you know your preacher/teacher is teaching the real Word of God IF... we have not yet studied God's Word? Surely that's not hard for you to understand.
A news article actually telling people that christians don't even believe the things that are told to us in the Scriptures.

If "they" don't believe the things in scripture, "they" aren't really Christians...are they ?
This has been truth since the 3rd century at least.
Still true today.
As God's Word Shows Clearly.

If "they" don't believe the things in scripture, "they" aren't really Christians...are they ?
Hi Hopeful 2

Right. The believer understands that. The world doesn't. So when the gospel is being spread and we are seeking to gain new believers, those people look at stuff like this and think, well all that christian and Jesus stuff really isn't believed by those who claim to believe... as the world sees it. There are also likely to be many weak christians who would read this, or some other similar idea, and decide that, Oh, it's all a big sham, I'm outta here. All I'm saying is that ideas, such as the one being promoted in this article, are going to cause some, who may be on the fence, then think what christians believe is nonsense and it gives them more reason not to believe.

Here's the rub. Jesus said that not all those who call him Lord, Lord will be saved. He then speaks of the day of his Father's judgment and tells what seems to be described as a fairly large amount of people who lived their lives upon the earth being associated with the believers fellowship, who, for whatever reason, don't make the grade. But we simple folk here on the earth can't make that determination as to whose faith is real and whose isn't among us. So while to you, you may think that you can determine the real from the fakes, but you actually likely can't. But someone who is not a part of us just thinks that everyone who goes to christian worship services or who claims some faith in God, are christians. They don't have the wisdom and understanding that the Scriptures speak of that not all of those among us are actually born again believers.

Christianity is just like Judaism, as far as the 'fact' that not all those aligned with being a christian or being a Jew will be saved. God regularly speaks of only a remnant believe and honor Him. That seems to be a truth that applies to both faith practitioners. Jesus' words were that 'many' will say to him on that day... Now, if you understand the description that he then gives of those who are making this loud hue and cry about their faith, then you must understand that those people he's talking about lived lives proclaiming faith in Jesus while on the earth.

God knows our hearts and our very thoughts. You and I don't have that ability. Here's one scenario that I'm pointing out. It is by no means the only way that faith is undermined by such words as are in this article. Someone reads the article. The next day they meet someone who attempts to share the gospel with them. They immediately think, Oh I read that article yesterday that said most christians don't even believe what this person's selling. No, I'm not interested. Have a good day.

Remember that while Satan isn't as powerful or wise as God, he's a lot more powerful and wiser than we are about 'who' God is. His sole purpose, just as he did with Eve, is to get people to doubt the truth of God. I believe that articles such as this do that.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Hopeful 2

Right. The believer understands that. The world doesn't. So when the gospel is being spread and we are seeking to gain new believers, those people look at stuff like this and think, well all that christian and Jesus stuff really isn't believed by those who claim to believe... as the world sees it. There are also likely to be many weak christians who would read this, or some other similar idea, and decide that, Oh, it's all a big sham, I'm outta here. All I'm saying is that ideas, such as the one being promoted in this article, are going to cause some, who may be on the fence, then think what christians believe is nonsense and it gives them more reason not to believe.

Here's the rub. Jesus said that not all those who call him Lord, Lord will be saved. He then speaks of the day of his Father's judgment and tells what seems to be described as a fairly large amount of people who lived their lives upon the earth being associated with the believers fellowship, who, for whatever reason, don't make the grade. But we simple folk here on the earth can't make that determination as to whose faith is real and whose isn't among us. So while to you, you may think that you can determine the real from the fakes, but you actually likely can't. But someone who is not a part of us just thinks that everyone who goes to christian worship services or who claims some faith in God, are christians. They don't have the wisdom and understanding that the Scriptures speak of that not all of those among us are actually born again believers.

Christianity is just like Judaism, as far as the 'fact' that not all those aligned with being a christian or being a Jew will be saved. God regularly speaks of only a remnant believe and honor Him. That seems to be a truth that applies to both faith practitioners. Jesus' words were that 'many' will say to him on that day... Now, if you understand the description that he then gives of those who are making this loud hue and cry about their faith, then you must understand that those people he's talking about lived lives proclaiming faith in Jesus while on the earth.

God knows our hearts and our very thoughts. You and I don't have that ability. Here's one scenario that I'm pointing out. It is by no means the only way that faith is undermined by such words as are in this article. Someone reads the article. The next day they meet someone who attempts to share the gospel with them. They immediately think, Oh I read that article yesterday that said most christians don't even believe what this person's selling. No, I'm not interested. Have a good day.

Remember that while Satan isn't as powerful or wise as God, he's a lot more powerful and wiser than we are about 'who' God is. His sole purpose, just as he did with Eve, is to get people to doubt the truth of God. I believe that articles such as this do that.

God bless,
Ted
Agreed.
It is up to us to show those closest to us the true difference between posers and those who truly love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls.
The way to do that is by obedience to His word.

Back