Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Hi, I'm new :3

Double

I've made a couple posts here already, but I've been eager to make a proper introduction and here I am. I come to this site because I needed the right forum to communicate my religious questions and feelings, as I have many.

Umm.. a little about me; I'm 23, super shy in person, and have had a mental condition called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder since I was 14, which eventually developed Trichotillomania (hair plucking) over time. I actually pick my eyelashes instead of my hair, and because I don't have any at the moment, I think it has had an unintended side-effect on my social life.. I don't exactly know what other people think of me.

I've been a Christian off and on for about 5 years now, but I recently got baptized at my church after recently having gone through a very evil traumatic experience. My heart and mind was so tainted by what had happened, that I immediately sought the need for God in my life. Over the years, my church has really emphasized the idea that "God is good", and I really couldn't think of a better way to turn my life around than to give my heart to God and fill my life with good.

Ever since then, I've been trying to turn my life around, and while some things have been fairly easy to kick, others are not so easy. I often notice that my OCD will make me say and do things that I don't mean, and I really hope that God is understanding of me and my condition.

I'm really looking forward to talking with you good people. I'm hoping that I might be able to make some friends here, and hopefully be a source of comfort and prayer for others.

Hey Double, and you have already came to the Lord by your testimony, and you don't become an on and off Christian; you're now are a child of God whether you are allowing Him to do the work He wants to do in you or not.

You say that you do and say things you don't mean and John Bunyan describes the exact thing in the following post I made: "Have You fought bad thoughts?" Be sure to go to Reply #1.
http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=48209

God does know your condition and He works in you to will, and to do of His good pleasure according to Philippians 2:13, and He is not done with you yet.

Double, something very important is to get into your bible big time and grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus. I have no idea what God has in store for you, but many with handicaps are used in wondrous ways to glorify God, and you too can be used of Him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Double: how are you doing? good to see you, God bless His Word to you.

I'n not a medical person and you also need medical advice, but here are some two cents' , as well: Navels aren't for gazing at (unless a lady is looking at her own barbell, perhaps...) Instead of navel gazing the believer need to keep looking unto the Lord Jesus (Hebrews 12.2). Like I said, two cents'.

Back