Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] His perfect timing

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K2CHRIST

It has always amazed me that on the Christian Forum we don't see tons of testimonies. There used to be a separate place to post them, but few posts came through. So at times I have felt like filling up the testimonies so people might really have an understanding that the Lord really does things and is really there for those who seek Him. He often does amazing things, but some are very small and very personal. Some are not so small and clearly make an impact on people's lives. I think I should call this one, "His perfect timing". He tends to teach us.

My daughter is a teacher and lives about 20 miles away. She is of course out for the summer but I have not found much time to hook up with her. So I had been talking to the Lord about this when He told me something about going over to her place and having dinner with her that night.

This was Monday, and Monday is especially busy for me because I have a business selling on-line. So Monday I caught up all my weekend orders, and Tuesday morning I have a place to go and get inventory, and I had gotten a large amount of inventory over the weekend also which I had to process. I didn't have time Monday. And besides, she come over to the church next to me on Wednesday to help. That would be the better time, and perhaps we could meet up then. I responded to the Lord telling Him that I would talk to Him about it after I got my order to the post office.

I took a lot of order to the post office and put them in the bin on the dock. I opened my car door and sat down to start the car and my phone went off with a text message buzzing. I looked at the text and it was my daughter inviting me to her place for dinner tonight. Oh Lord you are so funny. I tell you I talk about it when I was finished at the post office and you have her text me the very second I am done at the post office. I text her back and confirmed.

Sometime my daughter and I go out to dinner, but this was the very first time she had me over to cook something for me. I didn't even know she could cook, or how she could cook. It was a great little me, I was proud of her. But there is something I am more proud of, in regards to her. She listened to me telling her about hearing from the Lord and checked into it. So she now hears from Him. And at dinner she started telling me that the Lord had been talking to her about 'His perfect timing." So I told her about the post office incident and the conversation I had with Him.

This is a small thing, and is what it is like living with the Lord. Late last night I e-mailed my accountant with a question on the quarterly taxes. I woke up a bit early this morning. For some reason I decided to pick up my phone and look at it. The very instant I looked at it a message came though. It was the response from my accountant. Another little reminder of God's perfect timing. I remembered when He had first taught me this message. He had gotten me exactly at 7:00 for seven days in a row. I knew because then I had an alarm clock to wake set to wake me up about 7:20 because I didn't have my own business then. So the first thing I saw when that loud alarm woke me was the time. He then woke me up at 7:00 day after day to show me His perfect timing. It was such a little thing, but I now live with Him doing all these little things around me.

After getting back to the accountant, I heard that little voice of His saying again, "Karl, I love you." Yeah, I hear that and I can see it in my life too.

You know what? I had something similar happen to me today! I was just thinking about calling someone when they pulled up in my driveway to come visit me. It was just what I needed - someone to talk with for a bit.

God takes care of our every need!

God always has perfect timing. He's done a lot for me in the last 9 years, and I've been paying attention and He seemed to set a pattern with me. Last minute never late.

When I was living in Colorado after I had my accident and hurt my back, I was sitting and praying one day that, Lord give me something to do. I want to help, but I can't walk far and have no ministry or anything so could you give me something to do to help...that I can do from my easy chair? ...Amen.

10 minutes later the phone rings. (A buddy I hadn't seen in quite awhile. Hey Ed, could I come over and ask you some questions about God and visit for a few? Talk about timing, lol...So I said yes and he did.

It has always amazed me that on the Christian Forum we don't see tons of testimonies. There used to be a separate place to post them, but few posts came through. So at times I have felt like filling up the testimonies so people might really have an understanding that the Lord really does things and is really there for those who seek Him. He often does amazing things, but some are very small and very personal.

You make a good point and I've thought the same thing.
There is a testimony forum, isnt there? There used to be at least. I have quite a few testimonies of both small personal things He's done for me and s couple pretty big things too. I've posted most of them. There's a few that I have not posted but only because they're pretty small things and while I know it was the Lord, they might not sound like a good testimony that would be interesting and believable to people.

After walking with the Lord these last 9 years and Him doing things both great and small for me, the Lord pointed out to me that...He's been helping me all along. Even when I wasn't walking with Him. As I look back before then, I can see where He had to be helping me.

I notice something else too now, and there's a lesson in it for me and all. What I've noticed these past 9 years is that...when I am pressing in to the Lord He helps me more then, with supernatural miraculous stuff, than when I am being lukewarm and not being the Christian man I should be doing.

I cant be the only one who gets lazy and goes lukewarm at times. When I draw close, He draws close. When I draw away. ..I pretty much stop getting new testimonies. So Im thinking that, if Im not getting supernatural help it means I better clean up my act spiritually. That we all should be getting new testimonials almost daily, or our walk is lukewarm.

Scripture says, ...and whatever ye ask it shall be done for you. (He was not speaking to the lukewarm there! )

So if any Brothers and Sisters desire the Lord to do things for them that would be a good testimony. ..and He hasn't...that's why. Keep pressing in. Draw close to the Lord and He will draw close to you.

You make a good point and I've thought the same thing.
There is a testimony forum, isnt there? There used to be at least. I have quite a few testimonies of both small personal things He's done for me and s couple pretty big things too. I've posted most of them. There's a few that I have not posted but only because they're pretty small things and while I know it was the Lord, they might not sound like a good testimony that would be interesting and believable to people.

After walking with the Lord these last 9 years and Him doing things both great and small for me, the Lord pointed out to me that...He's been helping me all along. Even when I wasn't walking with Him. As I look back before then, I can see where He had to be helping me.

I notice something else too now, and there's a lesson in it for me and all. What I've noticed these past 9 years is that...when I am pressing in to the Lord He helps me more then, with supernatural miraculous stuff, than when I am being lukewarm and not being the Christian man I should be doing.

I cant be the only one who gets lazy and goes lukewarm at times. When I draw close, He draws close. When I draw away. ..I pretty much stop getting new testimonies. So Im thinking that, if Im not getting supernatural help it means I better clean up my act spiritually. That we all should be getting new testimonials almost daily, or our walk is lukewarm.

Scripture says, ...and whatever ye ask it shall be done for you. (He was not speaking to the lukewarm there! )

So if any Brothers and Sisters desire the Lord to do things for them that would be a good testimony. ..and He hasn't...that's why. Keep pressing in. Draw close to the Lord and He will draw close to you.

EXACTLY!! :thumbsup

You know what? I had something similar happen to me today! I was just thinking about calling someone when they pulled up in my driveway to come visit me. It was just what I needed - someone to talk with for a bit.

God takes care of our every need!
:amen
He does take care of our every need, and more. He sets up those little nice thing sending someone to us at exactly the right time. We should tell people about it more. There should be more testimonies. The prayer requests are good, but if that is all that gets mention, doesn't our God sound like He left us for some far off place called heaven.

He does great things, and sometimes they are little, but very personal and important to us things. And like Edward wrote, the more we seek Him the more He seems to talk pleasure in the little things for us.

He takes care of our every need, but that is not all. He does and will do a lot more. To add to the OP, Wednesday, I was at my church helping with a prayer ministry. It is a big church, and my daughter was also at church helping with the kids ministry on the other side of the campus. Someone came into the prayer ministry right when I was about to leave, but they wanted to find a women's ministry. They knew the letter for the building but not where is was. I was going to just try and tell her, but it's not always easy to explain the location. So I took the lady to the map in the middle of the campus to point out where she was going. I got to the map only to find my daughter too had come to the map at the exact same time. So I got to think my daughter in person for the dinner (explained in the OP) which she made on Monday. Just another very small and very important to me, personal thing that God worked out.

People need to know Him. And us who do need to make it clear just how incredible He is. He guides our steps.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back