Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bible Study HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD

B

Bro Opeyemi

WITHOUT HOLINESS NO ONE CAN SEE THE LORD.

YES THE BIBLE TEACHES THE TRUTH.

ITS INSTRUCTIONS ARE TO GIVE US THE STANDARD OF HEAVEN SO THAT WE CAN BE ACCEPTED WHEN WE GET THERE.

FOR ANYONE TO GET TO HEAVEN;

HE MUST ACCEPT JESUS AS HIS LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR. ROMANS 10:8-10, JOHN 3:15-20 AND REV 21:8,27
HIS PRAYER LIFE MUST GROW. 1 THESS 5:17, LUKE 18:1, JOHN 14:8

HIS BIBLE STUDY LIFE MUST GROW. JOSHUA 1:8, 2 TIM2:15

ATTENDING A BIBLE OBEYING CHURCH IS PARAMOUNT. HEBREW 10:25

THE BAD DRESSINGS MUST BE STOPPED; THE EARRINGS, PAINTING OF THE BODY, ARTIFICIAL HAIR, FEMALE WEARING TROUSERS, ALL CLOTHS THAT EXPOSE ONES NAKEDNESS, ARM PIT, ABDOMEN, CHEST, THIGH ETC GEN35:1-5,
EXO 32:1-6,EXO33:1-5, JERE 4:30, EZE23:40,2KINGS 9:30, 1TIM2:9-11, 1PET3:3-6 REV17:1-6

THE BAD MUSIC MUST BE STOPPED. AMOS 5:25, AMOS 6:1,6 COLOSIANS 3:15-16

THE BAD FRIENDS MUST BE STOPPED. 1COR 6:9-12, ROMANS1:20-32

THE WAY OUT :
1. ACCEPT JESUS INTO YOUR LIFE ROM 10:8-10
2. LIVE A HOLY LIFE
A) PRAYING
B)BIBLE STUDYING
C) ATTEND A BIBLE OBEYING CHURCH

3. TELL OTHERS OF JESUS CHRIST MATT28:18-20

REMOVE THE LOG OF WOOD IN YOUR EYES SO AS TO SEE THE SPEAK IN OTHERS EYE.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Refrain from all caps and bold, large fonts unless it is used sparingly to emphasize a point. Be sure to post your topic in the appropriate forum. If you're not sure what forum to post your message in then please post it in the General Discussion Area or ask a Staff member.

Members agree to the rules of this site when they sign in.... Seems a man of God should keep his word...

So what is the standard to get into heaven?. Im not perfect and never can be. How perfect or good must i be to get in?. I try everyday and fail everyday. I will never make Heaven. I can try as hard as i can and will still fail. Nothing seems to be good enough. So i accept the Lord, i hope that is enough because if he expects me to be perfect he knows it aint going to happen. I aint perfect.
You're ALREADY in the kingdom of God, K. The eventual transfer to whatever "Heaven" might be, will just be a "change of address", so to speak. Eternity doesn't come in Heaven.... We are already living it.

So what is the standard to get into heaven?. Im not perfect and never can be. How perfect or good must i be to get in?. I try everyday and fail everyday. I will never make Heaven. I can try as hard as i can and will still fail. Nothing seems to be good enough. So i accept the Lord, i hope that is enough because if he expects me to be perfect he knows it aint going to happen. I aint perfect.

The lord is our strength. With mans effort no man will prevail.
Anytime evil taught comes to your mind, just rebuke it and it will flee. it may come again, you just resist the devil. but you must flee sins. Like Joseph who flee fornication with Portiphas wife.

read more of the Bible and obey it.
pray earnestly for grace to live a holy life.
It is settled.
AMEN.

Refrain from all caps and bold, large fonts unless it is used sparingly to emphasize a point. Be sure to post your topic in the appropriate forum. If you're not sure what forum to post your message in then please post it in the General Discussion Area or ask a Staff member.

Members agree to the rules of this site when they sign in.... Seems a man of God should keep his word...
Thank you, you saved a Grumpy Old Man from getting egg all over his beard. ;-)

You're ALREADY in the kingdom of God, K. The eventual transfer to whatever "Heaven" might be, will just be a "change of address", so to speak. Eternity doesn't come in Heaven.... We are already living it.

thank you Willie! So few understand the Kingdom has come and is not a thing of some future point in time.

The lord is our strength. With mans effort no man will prevail.
Anytime evil taught comes to your mind, just rebuke it and it will flee. it may come again, you just resist the devil. but you must flee sins. Like Joseph who flee fornication with Portiphas wife.

read more of the Bible and obey it.
pray earnestly for grace to live a holy life.
It is settled.
AMEN.
You have great points to make brother and if you take all the caps out of your signature you will appear much less violent to the eyes of the people you seek to reach. May God bless your efforts.

thank you Willie! So few understand the Kingdom has come and is not a thing of some future point in time.
One of the most difficult understandings in my denomination to explain to others is our belief in the kingdom being both here, now, and yet, not fully here yet.

One of the most difficult understandings in my denomination to explain to others is our belief in the kingdom being both here, now, and yet, not fully here yet.
Yes, it is and it is a thing to be grasped at every moment of everyday if we are to get better than we are right now .

WITHOUT HOLINESS NO ONE CAN SEE THE LORD.

YES THE BIBLE TEACHES THE TRUTH.

ITS INSTRUCTIONS ARE TO GIVE US THE STANDARD OF HEAVEN SO THAT WE CAN BE ACCEPTED WHEN WE GET THERE.

FOR ANYONE TO GET TO HEAVEN;

HE MUST ACCEPT JESUS AS HIS LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR. ROMANS 10:8-10, JOHN 3:15-20 AND REV 21:8,27
HIS PRAYER LIFE MUST GROW. 1 THESS 5:17, LUKE 18:1, JOHN 14:8

HIS BIBLE STUDY LIFE MUST GROW. JOSHUA 1:8, 2 TIM2:15

ATTENDING A BIBLE OBEYING CHURCH IS PARAMOUNT. HEBREW 10:25

THE BAD DRESSINGS MUST BE STOPPED; THE EARRINGS, PAINTING OF THE BODY, ARTIFICIAL HAIR, FEMALE WEARING TROUSERS, ALL CLOTHS THAT EXPOSE ONES NAKEDNESS, ARM PIT, ABDOMEN, CHEST, THIGH ETC GEN35:1-5,
EXO 32:1-6,EXO33:1-5, JERE 4:30, EZE23:40,2KINGS 9:30, 1TIM2:9-11, 1PET3:3-6 REV17:1-6

THE BAD MUSIC MUST BE STOPPED. AMOS 5:25, AMOS 6:1,6 COLOSIANS 3:15-16

THE BAD FRIENDS MUST BE STOPPED. 1COR 6:9-12, ROMANS1:20-32

THE WAY OUT :
1. ACCEPT JESUS INTO YOUR LIFE ROM 10:8-10
2. LIVE A HOLY LIFE
A) PRAYING
B)BIBLE STUDYING
C) ATTEND A BIBLE OBEYING CHURCH

3. TELL OTHERS OF JESUS CHRIST MATT28:18-20

REMOVE THE LOG OF WOOD IN YOUR EYES SO AS TO SEE THE SPEAK IN OTHERS EYE.

GOD BLESS YOU.
Hello Bro, it's good to hear from you.
You have made some matter of fact points here that I would like for you to elaborate on please.
1. You use Hebrews 10:25 to say that attending a Bible obeying church is paramount. The writer of Hebrews says in verse 24 "let us consider", which is hardly paramount. It is a good thing to do, help us grow in our relationship with Jesus and later for us to help others.

2. You say bad dressings must be stopped. You use Old Testament verses that are part of the Law.
You use New Testament verses that are pointed towards women who are making a spectacle of themselves, and the Revelation verses are inappropriate to use.

3. You say bad music must stop.
Your Colossians verse is right on but your Amos verses say nothing of music.

4. I think you need to explain the use of your verses better.
I come from a Calvary Chapel church.
We study Scripture verse by verse to get the exact meaning of each verse.
What church do you attend?

Hello Bro, it's good to hear from you.
You have made some matter of fact points here that I would like for you to elaborate on please.
1. You use Hebrews 10:25 to say that attending a Bible obeying church is paramount. The writer of Hebrews says in verse 24 "let us consider", which is hardly paramount. It is a good thing to do, help us grow in our relationship with Jesus and later for us to help others.

2. You say bad dressings must be stopped. You use Old Testament verses that are part of the Law.
You use New Testament verses that are pointed towards women who are making a spectacle of themselves, and the Revelation verses are inappropriate to use.

3. You say bad music must stop.
Your Colossians verse is right on but your Amos verses say nothing of music.

4. I think you need to explain the use of your verses better.
I come from a Calvary Chapel church.
We study Scripture verse by verse to get the exact meaning of each verse.
What church do you attend?
Just a footnote AW but my largest proble with the Calvary Churches is their method application to Bible study. Parts of scripture are black and white application while not so with the parables and other portions are allusions to truths. Couple this to hermeneutics rule stating that no scripture can be fully understood without the light of all other scripture shinning on it and this complicates the idea of verse by verse study immensly. I have found that if I read the Bible through from time to time and then do book and topic studies the scriptures are much deeper than I ever found when trying to do a study verse by verse.

The Holy spirit has helped me with both types but has led me away from method studies and as a result has deepened my understanding greatly.

Just a footnote AW but my largest proble with the Calvary Churches is their method application to Bible study. Parts of scripture are black and white application while not so with the parables and other portions are allusions to truths. Couple this to hermeneutics rule stating that no scripture can be fully understood without the light of all other scripture shinning on it and this complicates the idea of verse by verse study immensly. I have found that if I read the Bible through from time to time and then do book and topic studies the scriptures are much deeper than I ever found when trying to do a study verse by verse.

The Holy spirit has helped me with both types but has led me away from method studies and as a result has deepened my understanding greatly.
You don't understand.
A verse by verse study involves Scriptural support from all over the Bible to fully understand. This is how it is taught.

You don't understand.
A verse by verse study involves Scriptural support from all over the Bible to fully understand. This is how it is taught.
Then your church Family is on l;ine nut some of your group, just as some Baptist, are way out inj left field and you're the first Calvaryu Chappel member that has articulated the study in your assembly as being grounded. Some I have spoken with wanted to turn me away from the course I'm on and hve me "really" be saved and to teach me to speak in tongues as "the" evidence thereof, much the same a one heretical branch of the Assemblie of God. And they use single verses to establish thier doctrine.

Then your church Family is on l;ine nut some of your group, just as some Baptist, are way out inj left field and you're the first Calvaryu Chappel member that has articulated the study in your assembly as being grounded. Some I have spoken with wanted to turn me away from the course I'm on and hve me "really" be saved and to teach me to speak in tongues as "the" evidence thereof, much the same a one heretical branch of the Assemblie of God. And they use single verses to establish thier doctrine.
http://www.calvaryinv.com/pages.asp?pageid=109964

No church is perfect.
But this says a lot that I like.

You don't understand.
This is absolutely true. If you have not attended a Calvary Chapel, then you have no understanding of what they mean by "verse by verse" study.
Not exactly my style, but my denomination came from Calvary Chapel roots, so it's kind of second nature to us... despite the fact that we don't systematically work our way through the Bible, page by page, as they do.

Back