Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homesickness

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

skye20

Looking for some Christian advice please! My husband wants to stay where we live, which is close to his family. My family lives on the other side of the country. I would like to move back closer to my family, but my husband doesn't want to. I miss my family so much and it has something I have dealt with for almost 10 years. I have 2 small kids now. My mom, dad, brother, and Grandma all pressure me to move back too. It is frustrating because it is something I really want to do. What should I do? My husband fights against moving back, but it is something that I want. How to I accept staying here and also deal with my family's pressure? I am feeling resentment towards my husband for keeping me here, but at the same time I feel like I am suppose to do what my husband wants. Fighting back is just exhausting and I hate conflict. Once my dad even said (not sure if he was joking?) that I should leave him and just move back and try to manipulate my husband that way. Perhaps my husband sees things about my family that I don't? Maybe living close to them would be worse for our marriage?

Is it easy to find job(s) where your family lives? Is a move feasible? What if you compromise with a several week visit to your family every summer and Christmas every other year? If you move there, he’ll want to visit his family often, right? The problem really isn’t solved.

My husband wants to stay where we live, which is close to his family. My family lives on the other side of the country.

Suggest a compromise, move midway between each families so it is easier for both sets of grand parents to be visited.

Your husband doesn't want to leave his family, so does he comprehend your feelings about your family?

Back