Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How about this, I love Jesus, shoot me for it if you dare.

Do you Love Jesus?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
C

cd27

"i love Jesus, that's all there is to it. if you hate me for it, shoot me for it, if you dare."

you would not beleive how many people have said that and actually been shot at, but by heir amazement, were never hit, but came very close. why? how is it that shaprshooters can't hit a man from thirty feet away? it isn't that hard, i've shot a rabbit that far away, while it was running! obviously the answer to the question is, Jesus. you can say "God" all day long, and it most likely would jsut make some people tell you to leave them alone. but if you say "Jesus" all day long, you're gonna get their attention. Jesus is always there, right next to you. wether being able to see him or not, some people say we shouldn't worry about that, we should only hav faith, but i say there is some science with that. and lots of it too. i don't know, maybe i can even answer that question, but it'll take some deep thought.

if our God is God enough to create a universe, trhen he can also be God enough to protect you when you stand up for his name. I LOVE JESUS!!!!!! and if someone wants to try and shoot me for it, oh well, give it your best shot, if yu actually hit me, there was a reason for it, it doesn't mean that God let you hit me because he doesn't like me, it means that God let you hit me because he has a plan with me, and it isn't wuite over yet. no amtter if you're laying in a bed about to die, your life isn't over yet, and always give it your best shot!!!

so if anyone out there hates someone for loving jesus, oh well, we're sorry we have something worht loving in life.

St. Herman of Alaska was asked on board a Russian Navy vessel when it was visiting Alaska (back when Alaska still belonged to Russia.)
At that time Herman was simply Brother Herman, a missionary monk who came to Alaska in the late 1700's to bring Christ to the Aleut.

Anyways, St. Herman asked the officers over a shipboard supper what they really loved. Each one shared a different thought. One said his family, another his farm back home, another, being an officer, and so on. When they were all finished St. Herman asked, "Shouldn't we love our Lord first of all?"
"Oh, of course, we love Him," they all responded.
"That's good, " replied St. Herman, "But I have been a monk these many years and I STILL don't love Jesus the way I should."

:biggrin Jesus Christ is worth everything,and striving to do our best to love him more and more is loving him. Living for Jesus and not the world,is loving him. Living to please God and loving even the unlovable is loving Jesus!!!
You cannot measure how much you love Jesus,only God can do that,but if you are living your life for him,you do love him,amen. :B-fly:

Let me say this.......I don't love Jesus as much as I should or as much as I want to.

........................................maybe not NEARLY as much as I should or want.

Oy, such a question. This one SHOULD make every one of us do a little examen of conscience here, cuz it's pretty deep. And, guess what. The more I sit here and think about it, the less I like in myself.

Oy gevalt. :crying:

Steve said:
Let me say this.......I don't love Jesus as much as I should or as much as I want to.

........................................maybe not NEARLY as much as I should or want.

Oy, such a question. This one SHOULD make every one of us do a little examen of conscience here, cuz it's pretty deep. And, guess what. The more I sit here and think about it, the less I like in myself.

Oy gevalt. :crying:

:B-fly: Steve,don't be so hard on yourself for the honesty you gave about it. You will love Jesus more as you grow in him and the word.
Try not to be harsh on yourself because satan wants us to dwell on all our flaws so we won't move ahead and keep living right for God. When satan pulls this number on you,do your best to get your mind off of yourself and do something for God,like helping people on a message board who may need your special message of hope,faith and love in the Lord!
We all fall short of the glory of God,but you have admitted your weakness among your brothers and sisters here,and that can make good things happen. We love The Lord more as we grow,so live for him each and night the best that you can. You may just have the answer another sister,brother or secular person might need! Let The Lord live in you!
Bless you always,Steve,in Jesus,amen.

Our entire lives exist for the purpose to perfect our love for Christ. Each thing we experience and endure exists to shape and form our love to be a pure reflection of his love for us. There is no person that loves God as they ought to. You may have a goal to love God to the point of doing such and such. But when you get there, you still want more. That's the beauty of loving God- there is always more to want, more for Him to offer, more for you to learn.

As for asking to get shot... just because you love Christ with all your heart doesn't necessarily mean you should play Russian Roulette with his name. One of the kids killed at Columbine was asked if she were a Christian. After she replied that yes, she was- she was shot. God's plan does not always work the way we *think* it will, but the way he designs it.

All I can say is that my desire is to know Jesus more. The more I get to know Him, His character, and His redemptive work on the cross, the more I love Him. I blows my mind that the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End loves me and sacrificed His life for mine
enabling me to have a living relationship with Him.

Back