Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How do I know?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Sas123

Hi My question is how do I know if my prayers are in alignment with what God wants for me and my life?
Someone in my study group raised this question recently. For me I find that God may reward us but that this is in the form of spiritual not material rewards.

Hi My question is how do I know if my prayers are in alignment with what God wants for me and my life?
Someone in my study group raised this question recently. For me I find that God may reward us but that this is in the form of spiritual not material rewards.
You can state the Lords prayer. Or whatever you ask on this board you can ask the Lord in prayer.
But He knows what you need before you ask.
Jesus .. for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

As far as God its His will to conform us to the likeness of Christ.
What if God as a parent asks you, "What do you want to do?"
While we are not free to sin we do have freedom in Christ.

I have asked of the Lord and He has answered but the Lord has never outlined a plan for me in regard to my life. The NT would state put into practice that which the Lord has taught. As Paul wrote the importance is not in works of the law but in faith expressing itself through love.

And keep in mind God works for the good of those who love Him.

Prayers should be for the "goodwill" of others. As far as alignment with the will of God.

My two cents.

You could for things Jesus told us to pray like

1. for wisdom (if any man lack wisdom let him ask of God who dives generously)
2. Pray his will be done (Lords prayer)
3. Pray a blessing on your enemies (bless those who abuse you)
4. Ask God to forgive those who do you wrong.
5. Ask for daily bread (food)
6. Pray his kingdom come
7. Pray to keep you from temptation

That’s off the top of my head.

Even when I thought I was dying from COVID, I prayed that the Lord's will be done and that He help me accept it. I then prayed that if it was within His will then to save me and show me His will for my life. I pray along these lines for anyone else sick or dying. He instructs us to pray for them and so I do. I pray that they may be healed as a powerful witness to the glory of God. I pray along those same lines for situations and material things. His will be done, first and foremost.

in reality there is no one certain way to pray other than ask.. if we pray for selfish reasons that is praying wrong the holy spirit takes our words to the throne of grace

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back