Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How does one get saved?

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
Okay, so there is no altar call in the Bible and there is no sinner's prayer as we say it.
So how does one get saved according to the Bible?

Romans 10:9-10;

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

This is certainly a sinners' prayer all by itself.
But there is more to it.

James 2:19;

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even demons believe that---and shudder.

We see that our sinners' prayer has to reach our hearts and then the true confession begins.

Psalm 51:10;

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
This too is part of the sinners' prayer.

1 Samuel 16:7b;

Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.
God will know when we reach out to him in our hearts, and then the Holy Spirit has communion with us.

Are there other ways to get saved?

Acts 10:44-48;

We see here that Peter was preaching the Good News of Jesus Christ and the Gentiles started speaking in tongues.
Peter knew right then and there that they had all gotten saved.
Oh how those Gentiles must have been praising the Lord Jesus with their new tongues.

So we see that hearing the word of God, receiving it in our hearts, and confessing it with our mouths, we are saved.
Now, as soldiers and ambassadors for Christ, are we doing our duty and sharing the Good News with others?

I know, it is sometimes hard, and we are sometimes forgetful.
All the more reason we need fellowship with other Christians so that we can build each other up in our faith so that we can be better prepared to serve God in a mighty way.

Are you getting that fellowship or are you going it alone?
Get into a good Bible believing church today and joyfully go out into the world and serve God!

allenwynne

Romans 10:9-10;

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So we see that hearing the word of God, receiving it in our hearts, and confessing it with our mouths, we are saved.

Only a "pure heart" (Matthew 5:8), a heart that has been regenerated (born of the Spirit; born again)
can do those things to the glory of God
. (Ezekiel 36:26-27). Because God tells us that:

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 8:8 - So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And we can be assured that faith pleases God:

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is,
and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

This faith that pleases God, is the evidence of true salvation. When a person is born again he is given that faith which is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) and the gift of the Spirit (Ephesians 2:8).

This kind of faith is only given (Philippians 1:29) to God's elect ones (Titus 1:1, 2:14);
His Sheep (John 10:28). It is a means of revealing; a confirmation; or making known to them,
that in God's eternal purpose, they have already been justified by the Blood of Christ!
(2 Timothy 1:9)

TGBTG!

How to be saved...

13 “...the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. (Luke 18:13-14 NIV)

Can I be honest with everybody? Until you have a heartfelt experience with God's mercy like this you'll be a struggling, doubting, contentious, troubled believer to one extent or another. It seems that the level of joy and power in the Lord is directly proportional to the magnitude of your salvation experience. I've met believers who don't have life changing gratitude and thankfulness for receiving God's forgiveness, and to no surprise, they do not have the desperation of a Luke 18 salvation experience, but more of an academic one.

The thing about it is, you can't make this happen. Only God can. That's part of the frustration about living in a world of unbelievers you would like to see saved. Despite our spirited efforts to explain the gospel, only God can orchestrate a Luke 18 conversion.

I really like your focus in this thread allenwynne, There really is a lot of confusion in this area. Over the years I've run across believers who have "gone to the altar" many times for Salvation. And they still are not sure of their Salvation because churches teach different methods from the simple to complex. Certain denominations teach that you can loose your Salvation and must go to the altar again for Salvation.

When I was in Bible College, one of my professoes said "if someone believes in Jesus, their saved! I discovered John 2:23-25. It says "many believed in His Name" and also says that Jesus Jesus did not entrust Himself to them". Wow! There certainly should be an established process whereby a seeker can be sure that he/she has done the correct procedure (?) to be saved and have the assurance so that they won't question their Salvation, ever!

sooo baptism is not necessary for salvation?

No. It's a sign of salvation, neither necessary nor sufficient for salvation.

Salvation is by grace alone, which results in a lifelong process during which we must continue to respond to God's grace(going on to perfection.) Baptism offers the promise that the Holy Spirit will always be working in our lives, but salvation requires our acceptance of that grace, trust in Christ, and ongoing growth in holiness as long as we live.

what is missing here is the rest of romans 10 sent called equipped preach the word under an anointing look at peter or paul both were not trained in a cemetery sorry seminary so what does man do try to mimic the true with fear ect ie if you was to die tonight ec. the anointed word breaks the yoke of bondage.as the holy spirit knows what the counsel of the dammed his towards that person or group of people and give them the very word of life which gets right through to their spirit passed their reasoning

Back