Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

[ Testimony ] I am Free.

This may turn out to be a long testimony; simply because I must tell my back story.

This is my story. My ever-continual journey and walk through this phase of Life as we know it. This is a story of a lost girl raised in many homes, many towns and many, many trials and tribulations. Confusion. Lack of faith, hope, security, and much more.

I grew up moving around every year or so, switching schools, never getting to hold on to friends. So I became a very lonely girl even at a young age. I went back and forth between my mother and step-father and to the woman my mother was in a relationship with when I was born. Her name is Lynn. Lynn had the financial support that I supposedly need, that my mother couldn't really provide. So years of moving and getting tossed around like a rag doll took a toll on me. From the time I was a baby until I was about twelve years old, I attended a Baptist Church with my grandmother here and there (Maybe once or twice a month). That Church was so stale. They also taught me things that severely scared me away from Christianity. So my young, already somewhat 'damaged' mind pushed God away. I didn't believe in the Bible, I didn't believe that there ''couldn't be a God and Jesus Christ didn't exist either...''

Later on, I moved back in with Lynn at 14. She fell severely ill after a foot surgery-gone-wrong gave her MRSA, then she had a nearly-fatal reaction to Vancomycin (anti-biotics). I then became the Housewife, Cook, Mother to her younger daughter, and part time nurse. I took care of the house, her, her daughter -- for almost a year. It seemed my teenage years had faded away. My remaining childhood -- lost. My mind had crumbled. Not only did I go through being sole caretaker, but she mentally abused me until I would cry myself to sleep. I always thought -- God would not let this happen if he was real. God wouldn't put me through this.

I moved out of her house for the final time when I was 20 (that was after I moved out at 17 and dropped out of high school then moved back in at 19).

Since then, I've been living with my mother and step-father for just about 2 years now. We've struggled with finances, eating ramen every day as our meals, etc.

Now fast forward to about 3 months ago. I met a man named Eddie and his wonderful sister and brother in law. Eddie and I started dating and Helen and Adam (his sister and her husband) and they told me about their Church called iWorship. I was reluctant to even get involved with Christianity. I had lost my faith as a young girl, and never thought twice about renewing it. So a few weeks later, I went to their Thursday night Service -- MY LIFE CHANGED IN THAT ONE NIGHT. FOREVER. I accepted Jesus into my heart, and cried like a baby when the Pastors wife came up to me and wanted to pray for me. The first 20 minutes were the most awkward time of my life. But they played CHRISTIAN ROCK music, and everyone was extremely loving and openly Worshiping our Lord and Savior. When the Pastors wife prayed for me -- something happened. I felt a pull in my chest, a light. Tears from God knows where started pouring out. Again -- MY LIFE WAS CHANGED.

Since then, I have been devoting my life to Christ -- reading devotionals, reading the BIBLE, listening to nothing but Christian Music (JESUS CULTURE IS THE BEST!!) 3 months later, Eddie and I are going strong and I feel God has chosen me for him and vice versa. We plan on marrying and we have committed ourselves to not have premarital sex.

My insecurities have faded.
My faith is ever growing.
My love for God and Jesus Christ never failing.
I have hope and love pouring from my soul.
MANY, MANY, MANY BLESSINGS!
A brighter outlook on life.
Tons of lessons taught to me.
A purpose.
Joy.
And so much more.

I have learned that all things are possible through Jesus Christ!
:)

I am free.

I left out quite a bit, but I didn't want to write a novel.

I did forget one thing --

I learned that God put me through everything I went through for a REASON. I became who I am TODAY because HE has a PERFECT PLAN for me. :) For all of us, really. I know that now. I am proud of who I am today. I wouldn't change a thing!

That was an uplifting story! It's fantastic to hear the Lord bringing his children home! :)

If you like Jesus Culture, check out Newsboys. :thumbsup

[video=youtube;VHcCBtIcxhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcCBtIcxhQ[/video]

Wow, Brandi what a great testimony. May the Angels of the Lord surround and keep you, may Gods Spirit be a flame upon you. May you grow in grace and knowledge of the One who loves you so dearly. Blessings and peace from God the Father and welcome to the Kingdom of His Dear Son.

I am so glad that God sought you out and brought you to Him. I have joy for you, considering what you went through and where you are now!

Back