Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I don't get it, why, especially when I am practising believer...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MerciG777

2024 Supporter
So there I asked God to show me his intentions. He put it on my heart to call charity founder and director, I initially wasn't going to call them back because I believe they were too busy.

Fortunatley I happened to be in the area and arranged to meet and we spoke about the good, the bad and the ugly. A good fellowship.

For about 5 months, I met a man at a sporting activity who helped me; we formed friendship, but it was obvious he had romantic feelings later down the line. He is polite, fruitful, disciplined, generous, responsible, humble but he defintley has faults and admits to his mistakes. I have seen him have his downs so it is no fairytale.

But this charity worker was upset at his used their property to host a good will event and how neglectful he was, the charity worker being inconsiderate of their resources and rules.

I was so angry and fuming, because charity anger was coming from a place of hurt. I prayed that hopefully he will make it right and be corrected from his wrongdoing.

He then went back and forth denying an incident at the event he was hosting regarding technical.difficulties. This is not good so why would God allow me to even form a friendship with someone like thjs.

So there I asked God to show me his intentions. He put it on my heart to call charity founder and director, I initially wasn't going to call them back because I believe they were too busy.

Fortunatley I happened to be in the area and arranged to meet and we spoke about the good, the bad and the ugly. A good fellowship.

For about 5 months, I met a man at a sporting activity who helped me; we formed friendship, but it was obvious he had romantic feelings later down the line. He is polite, fruitful, disciplined, generous, responsible, humble but he defintley has faults and admits to his mistakes. I have seen him have his downs so it is no fairytale.

But this charity worker was upset at his used their property to host a good will event and how neglectful he was, the charity worker being inconsiderate of their resources and rules.

I was so angry and fuming, because charity anger was coming from a place of hurt. I prayed that hopefully he will make it right and be corrected from his wrongdoing.

He then went back and forth denying an incident at the event he was hosting regarding technical.difficulties. This is not good so why would God allow me to even form a friendship with someone like thjs.
You are not far enough along in obedience and submission for you to ask the Master his intentions. You need to be the servant first and ask what you are supposed to do, not what God intends. Obviously He did not show you his intentions because that was a cheeky question. The servant does not ask the boss "his intentions." He asks what he is supposed to do.

That is the principle you violated. From looking at the details, God had nothing to do with any of it as you arranged everything yourself. You called and arranged and so on. I see no evidence God was involved.

Last edited:
You are not far enough along in obedience and submission for you to ask the Master his intentions. You need to be the servant first and ask what you are supposed to do, not what God intends. Obviously He did not show you his intentions because that was a cheeky question. The servant does not ask the boss "his intentions." He asks what he is supposed to do.

That is the principle you violated. From looking at the details, God had nothing to do with any of it as you arranged everything yourself. You called and arranged and so on. I see no evidence God was involved.
I believe there may have misspelling.

I aaked about the malw friends intentions, if it was simply lust it would have been easy for me to see. I didn't question God as his ways are superior, never that.

I asked my friends intentions who has strong feelings.

But I believe he can be redeemed. This also helped me see on a human level and that he has flaws.

I believe there may have misspelling.

I aaked about the malw friends intentions, if it was simply lust it would have been easy for me to see. I didn't question God as his ways are superior, never that.

I asked my friends intentions who has strong feelings.

But I believe he can be redeemed. This also helped me see on a human level and that he has flaws.
My apologies. I thought because the title indicates a question that arises because you’re a believer.

Asking a guy his intentions is only as helpful as he is honest. If he isn’t, what he says won’t help. Any dishonesty in believers is very common.

My apologies. I thought because the title indicates a question that arises because you’re a believer.

Asking a guy his intentions is only as helpful as he is honest. If he isn’t, what he says won’t help. Any dishonesty in believers is very common.
Sorry I asked God what the guy intentions, I had learning difficulties so my writing/spelling isn't always clear.

And the charity worker revealed a not so nice side from him, I am wondering if this is cards of the table and why would God allow me an active believer so close to him. I don't get it. I am celibate we haven't been inappropriate and our friendship has been modest.

Sorry I asked God what the guy intentions, I had learning difficulties so my writing/spelling isn't always clear.

And the charity worker revealed a not so nice side from him, I am wondering if this is cards of the table and why would God allow me and active believer so close to him. I don't get it. I am celibate we haven't been inappropiate and our friendship has been modest.
Hi Merci
I don't say this in a mean way.
Just take it at face value.
Did you think that as a believer all your troubles would be over?
Did you think that everything that happens to you is programmed by God?

Jesus said to be kind as doves and wise as serpents. That's what you have to do.God does not micro-manage our lives. He gave us the rules, we just follow them and our life becomes better because He left us really good rules.

I usually don't reply to this type of question, but I did because I'm worried for you.

I'm worried that if you continue with this idea of thinking God directs every part of your life, you'll end up blaming Him and abandoning Him.

Please don't do that.
:)

And the charity worker revealed a not so nice side from him, I am wondering if this is cards of the table and why would God allow me and active believer so close to him. I don't get it. I am celibate we haven't been inappropiate and our friendship has been modest.
God doesn’t interfere in our choices in relationships. He doesn’t stop us from pursuing destructive ones. We can ask Him what why ought to do and do it. There is blessing in that.

Simple as this maam, let the one without sin cast the first stone. All of us have our imperfections, even us Christians.

Hi Merci
I don't say this in a mean way.
Just take it at face value.
Did you think that as a believer all your troubles would be over?
Did you think that everything that happens to you is programmed by God?

Jesus said to be kind as doves and wise as serpents. That's what you have to do.God does not micro-manage our lives. He gave us the rules, we just follow them and our life becomes better because He left us really good rules.

I usually don't reply to this type of question, but I did because I'm worried for you.

I'm worried that if you continue with this idea of thinking God directs every part of your life, you'll end up blaming Him and abandoning Him.

Please don't do that.
:)
I know that every person or reason is not a lesson from God. But God is my everything Jesus is the centre of my all, God will comes before my wants and desires.

Anyways there was a lesson that has just been reasoned.

So all good

I know that every person or reason is not a lesson from God. But God is my everything Jesus is the centre of my all, God will comes before my wants and desires.

Anyways there was a lesson that has just been reasoned.

So all good
Does God look at your life and see that you do His will always?

God doesn’t interfere in our choices in relationships. He doesn’t stop us from pursuing destructive ones. We can ask Him what why ought to do and do it. There is blessing in that.
Thank you lovely, fortunatley, I am reading a book by a Christian authour who touched the Godly, it mentioned our current or future spouses will have flaws and imperfections and it won't always be easys so I will take this is as a learning curve. This women also made me aware of my own complaining when upset and hurt. This was an emotional awareness and you are right. Also I did share with charity worker I was once broken too

Thank you lovely, fortunatley, I am reading a book by a Christian authour who touched the Godly, it mentioned our current or future spouses will have flaws and imperfections and it won't always be easys so I will take this is as a learning curve. This women also made me aware of my own complaining when upset and hurt. This was an emotional awareness and you are right. Also I did share with charity worker I was once broken too
Well, I highly recommend learning to hear God’s voice and obeying it. This is especially true in picking spouse. I know A LOT of women in our church whose husbands abandoned them leaving them heartbroken. This is more than a flaw or imperfection.

Well, I highly recommend learning to hear God’s voice and obeying it. This is especially true in picking spouse. I know A LOT of women in our church whose husbands abandoned them leaving them heartbroken. This is more than a flaw or imperfection.
I meant the charity was venting her bad experience, due to an ebent hosting.

It is not a regular issues. And please don't bring negatuvity to this situatuon. Her bad experience does not dictate a men who made mistakes and was stressed. She wasn't happy with the outcome and she right in her feelings, both of them are excellents saints. I really appreciate their faithful modelling.

So glad I got to fellowship with the.

GOD is a God of order, if he didn't want me in his or my life. He would have made it clear, he is the MOST HIGH GOD, the alpha and omega

GOD is a God of order, if he didn't want me in his or my life. He would have made it clear, he is the MOST HIGH GOD, the alpha and omega

Just as a word of caution, Merci. Even if he was wrong, if he is a strong man then he will not take it very well if you question His faithfulness to God, or try bossing him around. Remember when you were saying that you are a tough cookie, and God was trying to teach you how to be more submissive? That would need to start with not challenging him, especially if he's made a mistake. Not that you have to approve of everything he does, but he would want a wife who would support him, and pray for him when he makes mistakes, rather than trying to tell him how wrong he is and give him orders about what he needs to do.

Just a word of caution. He may look elsewhere if he thinks you are going to try and be the boss of him, and if you express those things to him like you are expressing them to us, it may not go very well.

My best advice, if you want a man's perspective.
- H

Just as a word of caution, Merci. Even if he was wrong, if he is a strong man then he will not take it very well if you question His faithfulness to God, or try bossing him around. Remember when you were saying that you are a tough cookie, and God was trying to teach you how to be more submissive? That would need to start with not challenging him, especially if he's made a mistake. Not that you have to approve of everything he does, but he would want a wife who would support him, and pray for him when he makes mistakes, rather than trying to tell him how wrong he is and give him orders about what he needs to do.

Just a word of caution. He may look elsewhere if he thinks you are going to try and be the boss of him, and if you express those things to him like you are expressing them to us, it may not go very well.

My best advice, if you want a man's perspective.
- H
I appreciate this especially in this day and age. while I was asking God while reading from a christian author. I believe God spoke to me through scripture of correct in love but to not intefere as he did not tell me the details of their disagreement.

One of the qualities that make my spirit attractive to the worldly folks and believers is humility I have developed.

On the book I am on a chapter of gentle and kind spirit to be Godly women. So thank you.

I appreciate this especially in this day and age. while I was asking God while reading from a christian author. I believe God spoke to me through scripture of correct in love but to not intefere as he did not tell me the details of their disagreement.

One of the qualities that make my spirit attractive to the worldly folks and believers is humility I have developed.

On the book I am on a chapter of gentle and kind spirit to be Godly women. So thank you.

Your welcome.

Mabey God sent you to witness for Him??. Or to help the poor?? God knows His children gifts and abilities. I don't have all the facts here. God gives different gifts to Christian people for service to God. Jesus takes the credit. Christian people are servants. Ephesians chapter 4:1. I therefore the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you ye walk worthy of the vocation where with ye are called. 4:2. With all Lowliness and meekness, with long suffering, for bearing one another in love. Whatever your calling is, do your best. Helping the poor. Or planting seeds for God, sharing Gods truth with others. Don't take your eyes off Jesus. Stay focused on Jesus. Its easy to get off on the wrong path.

I know His ways and you needed to ask. Jesus says, “ask and you shall receive”
I did and I got my answer; Pr
Mabey God sent you to witness for Him??. Or to help the poor?? God knows His children gifts and abilities. I don't have all the facts here. God gives different gifts to Christian people for service to God. Jesus takes the credit. Christian people are servants. Ephesians chapter 4:1. I therefore the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you ye walk worthy of the vocation where with ye are called. 4:2. With all Lowliness and meekness, with long suffering, for bearing one another in love. Whatever your calling is, do your best. Helping the poor. Or planting seeds for God, sharing Gods truth with others. Don't take your eyes off Jesus. Stay focused on Jesus. Its easy to get off on the wrong path.
Fortunatley my mind has been fixed on Jesus, the problems are battles.

But interestingly enough I am witnessing this mens fruits so I genuinley know he is in continued need of guidance from the most high. He has owned up himself.

But I believe there is a lesson to be taught, so I am interested what will be lesson.

All 3 parties my male friend who I believe God would like to court (God is clear and ordily) and charity are all givers and obediant to the Lord. Trust me we are still fighting battles and not perfect like Jesus.

But they are representative of deciples so I think there is another message.

Back