Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] I lol'd

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

This is from my site. (Note i place it at the bottom)

2whkq43.jpg

This is quote that one guy posted on RD.net (censored)

Religion easily  has the best bulls--- story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man...living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

This is the forums header.

481ca6ce.jpg

Hmmm look at the ninth link over "Donate to RDF"

I love it, LMFAO

EDIT: you gotta love the banner, "a clear thinking oasis" Yup about as clear as mud.

lol they just don't understand that God needs just as much money as scientific organizations pooling funding for research! :wink:

Snidey said:
lol they just don't understand that God needs just as much money as scientific organizations pooling funding for research! :wink:

I sure wonder how much all of the religions organizations receive every year, and then maybe we could compare this with hard facts.

That quote was pulled from a comedian, George Carlin. It is a pretty funny quote though.

johnmuise said:
you do know that atheism is a religion :wink:

Depends on what form of atheism you take.

The people who say "There is absolutely no way for any type of supernatural God to exist, and I refuse to accept any evidence to the contrary" would be "religious" in their zeal for atheism.

However, you will find that most (if not all) people who declare themselves to be atheists are actually agnostics by their reasoning. They are "atheistic" in the sense that they "lack" a belief in God. They are also "agnostic" in the sense that they haven't made a definitive decision either way (due to a number of possible reasons). These people, who are technically categorized under both terms, would not be religious.

Are you seriously trying to condemn the Richard Dawkins Foundation for taking donations?
A productive foundation does require money, whereas the creator of the universe definitely shouldn't, so why do so many religious organizations charge fees or take donations?

Dunzo said:
Are you seriously trying to condemn the Richard Dawkins Foundation for taking donations?
A productive foundation does require money, whereas the creator of the universe definitely shouldn't, so why do so many religious organizations charge fees or take donations?

God spent so much money making the universe, he needs donations now to perform petty miracles.

Huxley coined the term "Agnostic" and admitted to Darwin that this was a "nice way" to say Atheist withoug getting into the ugly business of having to prove your belief that there is no God.

Both of them adopted it as a way to avoid confrontation on that particular point. A good dodge. However I doubt that agnostics would be opposed to joining the "church" of humanists.

Bob

It's not a dodge. Weak atheism is essentially agnosticism, definitionally.

Snidey said:
It's not a dodge. Weak atheism is essentially agnosticism, definitionally.
With leanings towards atheism, obviously. I consider myself a strong atheist, but short of 100% certainty,technically an agnostic atheist. The words agnostic and atheist have very different meanings, Bob.

johnmuise said:
you do know that atheism is a religion :wink:
Is it? Technically, buddhists, agnostics and secularists are all atheists. It is a descriptive term meaning he or she does not believe in god/gods not the name of a religion in itself, since one could perscribe to any natural or supernatural beliefs and as long as no god/gods are involved you are still an atheist.

PS: our pope is richard dawkins and the bible is 'the origin of species'

Patashu said:
Technically, buddhists, agnostics and secularists are all atheists.

Just a FYI, but it is not true that all Buddhists and secularists are atheists; technically or otherwise.

BobRyan said:
Huxley coined the term "Agnostic" and admitted to Darwin that this was a "nice way" to say Atheist withoug getting into the ugly business of having to prove your belief that there is no God.

Both of them adopted it as a way to avoid confrontation on that particular point. A good dodge. However I doubt that agnostics would be opposed to joining the "church" of humanists.

Bob

Explain.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back