Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

I sincerely need help!!!! Whats wrong with me?!?!?! :(

Okay!! So I've recently asked Jesus into my heart. I follow and read the word of God every day and I've been treating everyone with immense love!!!! I pray multiple times daily and I really felt I was truly happen!!! Even now I'm still talking and following recently!!!!! But right after I truly was saved my dad tells me that I have serious emotional issues and says I need deep psychiatric help!!! This was well after I got saved so I emotionally felt at peace with God! And now I am recieving verbal abuse from parts of my family, and at first I tried paying about out and I truly had faith in God!!! So I've been trying to handle it in a calm and collected manner. It actually has gotten worse ever since, so I decided to stick up for myself. I didn't tell or anything, just talked. Now my family has been telling me that I was the one abusing people and that I need deep psychiatric help!!! I truly thought I was being respectful and this was the best I had handled anything in my life!!!! So I prayed for God to give me stregnth and to help me with my problem, and again, things emotionally are getting worse, even to the point of me hyperventilating!!! I still have faith in Christ, and I admit and ask for help for my sins multiple times a day. What possibly could I be doing wrong?? Whats happening to me? It started happening after I got saved!???
Thanks!

The first thing people will do when you make a change and begin to walk with God, is ridicule you, put you down, and remind you of your past...they will indignantly remind you of how you were, what you did, and where you've been. It's called persecution...and all believers will be persecuted for his namesake. Continue to pray for peace and guidance. Best of luck to you. :)

I still have faith in Christ, and I admit and ask for help for my sins multiple times a day. What possibly could I be doing wrong?? Whats happening to me? It started happening after I got saved!???

you are going to church and fellowshipping with other Christians?

If your answers to this question is yes, I suggest you talk to the pastor or another spiritual leader in your church.

If not, find a church.

You can have prayers for as long as you want, pray for those that persecute you. Jesus knew his followers would go through times of trouble and was constantly giving them words of encouragement..

Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

tob

I am going to church, and I will do that! But can I have prayers for now?

Ok, this is what I would do but it may not be for you, we are all different and God works with each one of us the way He knows is best. But you can't go wrong really in what I will say.
When you read your Bible, God's Word, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and to give you revelation of that Word. Meditate on that Word, until it's firmly in your heart. Jesus loves you, He says so. Remember that and get it deep in your heart, where no one can take that knowledge from you.
Honor the people that you live with, parents and other family members. There's something very special about someone the Lord has gotten a hold of, that used to be the family's terror kid, immaturity has nothing to do with physical years. If you have been a problem in the past, you make one of the best witnesses for Jesus. Just keep up the good work of Love and you will see it bear fruit. You have an exciting adventure before you with Jesus right by your side.
May the Lord bless you and keep in His loving arms.

You're in my prayers, [MENTION=96740]Wchristenfaith[/MENTION]

While you are in prayer mode with our Lord, be sure to include those who have been persecuting you. Forgive them. Not sure how to pray for them? Start with the prayer Jesus provided for us in Matthew 6: 8-14 (NASB):

<sup class="versenum">8 </sup>So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. <sup class="versenum">9 </sup>“Pray, then, in this way:
‘Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
<sup class="versenum">10 </sup>‘Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
<sup class="versenum">11 </sup>‘Give us this day our daily bread.
<sup class="versenum">12 </sup>‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
<sup class="versenum">13 </sup>‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from <sup class="footnote" value="[f]"></sup>evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.’]

<sup class="versenum">14 </sup>For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. <sup class="versenum">15 </sup>But if you do not forgive <sup class="footnote" value="[i]">[i]</sup>others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Blessings!

You have to respond in brotherly love. Not in a way that will make you appear as a bible thumping do gooder holier than thou weirdo, but just...understanding, and a lot of biting your tongue.
Yes, lot's of quietness...like Jesus.

It took a long time, and a lot of punishment for me to figure out why Jesus kept so silent and drawn within when he was persecuted.

"19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath" (Romans 12:19 NIV)

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And,

“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”

19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

(1 Peter 4:12-19 NIV)

21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

22 “He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”

23 When they hurled their insults at him, he (Jesus) did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

(1 Peter 2:21-23 NIV)

Do what Deb said. Read your Bible. It has lots of encouragement for suffering Christians, and examples of what persecutions the Saints before us endured and how God was with them through them.

Okay!! So I've recently asked Jesus into my heart.

Welcome Wchristenfaith! Congratulations! I can tell you that is one decision you will never regret. CS Lewis once said Christianity is an education in itself. I would encourage to that with practice and patience, over time you will see the fruits of your labor.
Blessings to you!

Hi Wchristenfaith. I have had people launch into attack on me for no reason other than I am a Christian. Even people I would never have expected it from. It can blow you away at times when it comes so unexpected. But it happens, though in saying that it doesn't soften the blow so to speak. Keep praying and stay strong in the Lord. Don't get drawn into arguing back, stay calm, easy to say sometimes hard to do. You have plenty of support here.

Your whole world changes as far as family relations are concerned as Christ explains in Mark 3:29 where a total mindshift needs to take place in accepting, and hopefully others around you also respect this belief "Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked 34.Then he looked at those seated around him and said,"Here are my mother and my brothers! 35. Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."See also Matthew 12:46-48 N.I.V
In their commentary Desciples Study Bible they explain regarding Matthews interpretation as follows Jesus followed His own teaching , being willing to forsake earthly family for His Heavenly Father's mission..He created a new family of persons obedient to God."
If you come from a Christian family background there ought to be no problems, but if this is not the case then trust the Holy Spirit to guide you through the stormy seas ahead and you wlll see that they will respect your views and who knows also join your new happy Christian Family in Christ.
Just hang in their and stick to your guns.Its all part of the test.

Intresting Question. What's wrong with you is what's wrong with us all. WE ARE SINNERS and we all need a Saviour. We are unable to choose God in our spiritial dead condition. There is NONE rightous no not one. Believe in him alone and go to him admitting how helpless you are, not with an attitude that you did something like decide to LET him help you. Who knows whom God will choose but the 1st step is admitting you can't do anything. He is so mercifull to his people. Keep going to him with the attitude of your total helpless state and he MAY be calling you. BUt he sure it isn't you and don't try to do something on your own. TRUST IN HIM alone and that he can and does save ALL HIS people without fail. May it be that you belong to him for there is no other way. JESUS CHRIST is the Saviour and you, me and all people are the sinners. Thats whom he choose to save, paid for their sins with his blood and only he can open your eyes and heart............May it be so

One more short note. What can you possible be doing wrong? Answer . every thing if you trust in your self, your choice or your work a means to salvation and nothing if you trust in him alone and he gives you his spirit. In him is rest, from your works, if you belong to him and you will find no rest as long as you insist on what you do, did , or will do. We love God because he 1st loved us and choose us to do so. Just rest and trust in him believing he did it all and admitting every day how much you need him . He is THE GREAT SAVIOUR of ALL his peopel and he will not fail. We are sinners and we will ALWAYS fail. This is not popular but is the TRUTH........Believe on him and his perfect finished work. May he bless you as only he can do.

I still have faith in Christ, and I admit and ask for help for my sins multiple times a day. What possibly could I be doing wrong?? Whats happening to me?

Do you have faith in yourself? This is of utmost importance as it in necessary for you to believe that you can be the person and live the life God would want you to. If you are not fully convinced you can, then you open the door for failure and disappointment. As Philippians 4:13 says, you would do well to believe that you can do all God would have of you through the Christ. It is that confidence that will help you down the path of life and keep your heart from being too cluttered with the worries of this life.

Back