Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I thought i would mention...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

MartyLK

I got banned from Christianforumsite because I upheld the word of God. A new member came in and in answer to someone who asked whether drinking alcohol was a sin he not only denounced the use of alcohol but also blasphemed the Lord Jesus Christ saying alcohol was associated with evil and that there was not good use for it.

The Lord Jesus Christ, himself, drank wine and even made plenty of the best wine a person could have. I made this clear and also that Timothy was instructed to use a little wine for his stomach illness.

This person, Elbob, then replied that only pagans and godless people drank pure wine. he not only associated Christ with evil he now declares Jesus to be godless.

I got banned because I showed him from scripture the truth and I also rebuked him. He was clearly in the wrong, equating the use of alcoholic beverages to evil. The abuse of anything is evil but alcohol is not inherently evil no more than sex (in marriage), money, prescription drugs, driving a vehicle or anything that can be abused by the sinful human nature. I don't condone drunkenness or the abuse of anything. It is against God's will and is sin. They, however, associated me with condoning this evil because I stood up for scripture. That's fine. I'll not shed one tear over being treated in such an evil manner and I'll leave them to the Lord to be properly instructed. They are the ones who will be called upon for an answer to what they have done to an innocent Christian.

Of all the things in the bible, the use of alcohol by our Lord is one of the most clear, unmistakable subjects yet this Elbob would still dare to twist it in favor of his erroneous views of the Christian faith. If he were allowed to by Satan to confuse this clear matter, Satan would have no trouble confusing anything else in scripture. But I got banned because I stood up for the Lord. That's alright. Scripture is clear on that matter , also. If people shun me because of the truth in Christ, I am blessed. :biggrin

2 Timothy 4:3-5 NIV
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Luke 6:22 NIV
Blessed are you when men hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.

Hi Marty
Welcome aboard....Perhaps it would be good to discuss wine, drinking, etc...

First let me ask....Why was ''wine'' such an important part of the culture? What was it ''main'' purpose for?

jgredline said:
Hi Marty
Welcome aboard....Perhaps it would be good to discuss wine, drinking, etc...

First let me ask....Why was ''wine'' such an important part of the culture? What was it ''main'' purpose for?
Who are you asking? :-D

Of course, they drank wine because the water was SO terrible. 8-)

They drank it for it's "medicinal" benefits.

Thay drank it for ceremonial reasons.

They drank it because it was the fruit of the Vine. :)

Welcome to the forum....

Forgive me if I do not understand why you are relating a story about being banned from somewhere.

Vic is exactly right...While I do not drink and have never drank alcohol of any kind, I do not believe it to be a sin...The bible is clear that the sin is drunkenness....

jgredline said:

The economy.

Really. Grapes grew well there (still do?) and grape jelly just doesn't have that much demand. There were many illustrations using grapes, vines, caretaking... so Christ used what was most understood to make a point so we know from that grapes were a very important part of their income, work... daily lives.

Back