Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

"If any one comes to me

7angel

ospel lk. 14

6 Great crowds were traveling with him, and he turned and addressed them,
"If any one comes to me without hating his father 7 and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

The one which is disciple of Jesus, it can not be disciple of any man, it is contradictory, the God wisdom is contradicts to the wisdom of the man,
The Holy Spirit is the direct liaison with God and Jesus, the one which possesses it , has as master to Jesus, the family of a disciple, it side to this with a
behavior done not know, different, and will want that return to their previous life, but should not, this is the form in which is set aside to the family and to one same.

Which of you wishing to construct a tower does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if there is enough for its completion?
Otherwise, after laying the foundation and finding himself unable to finish the work the onlookers should laugh at him
and say, 'This one began to build but did not have the resources to finish.'
Or what king marching into battle would not first sit down and decide whether with ten thousand troops he can successfully oppose another king advancing upon him with twenty thousand troops?
But if not, while he is still far away, he will send a delegation to ask for peace terms.

Everybody who is considered disciple of Jesus, if is guided to if same or is let to guide additionally persons, failed such as this written,
in fact , the one which is not guided by Jesus is not his disciple. for this reason says Jesus; " I am the road, the truth and the life , -
we can help us some other to find us with Jesus, but never let us to guide by a shepherd, or priest or minister.

In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple.

7angel wrote: In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple.

Not a popular message, is it? Even among those of us who believe it, it is hard to do. Narrow is the road that leads to eternal life and few there be that find it. Here is where the rubber meets the road as J.Vernon McGee used to say. If your Nikes aren’t on the road, you’re not going anywhere. This is where your faith is tested of what sort it is. Letting go of all you hold dear in this life to lay hold of Jesus. Now I know there will be those who want to jump up and down shouting that Jesus holds us and we are going to be carried to glory in the arms of our savior, but that’s not what Jesus said. He may carry you but not all your stuff you won’t let go of. You can’t not only ‘take it with you,’ but you have to get rid of it here.

Most don’t even want to entertain such a thought, let alone talk about it. Thank you for the reminder, 7angel.

Back