Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Inherit the kingdom of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
Inherit the kingdom of God

Jesus used this phrase when teaching His disciples in His Olivet Discourse.

It refers to those who have their part, in the kingdom of God, on the Day of Judgement.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:31-34

• Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdomprepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Those on His left hand, who do not inherit the kingdom of God, will hear these words.

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Mathew 25:41

It’s very easy to understand from this context what inherit the kingdom means and when it takes place.

Paul used this term when writing to the Church. Here is one example.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Inherit - Strong's G2816 - klēronomeō

1. to receive a lot, receive by lot
    1. esp. to receive a part of an inheritance, receive as an inheritance, obtain by right of inheritance

2. to be an heir, to inherit
  2. to receive the portion assigned to one, receive an allotted portion, receive as one's own or as a possession

3. to become partaker of, to obtain

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back