Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Intelligent Design clips

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Expelled is a good movie. Ben Stein made it, helped make it.

If it was good, he wouldn't have had to pay churches to send their people to see it. His argument is that IDers are being discriminated against in academia. Ironically, he banned any theistic evolutionists from his film. "No Intelligence Allowed" he said.

And his thesis that evolution inspired the Nazis?

Anti-Evolution Film Misappropriates the Holocaust

New York, NY, April 29, 2008 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today issued the following statement regarding the controversial film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.

The film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed misappropriates the Holocaust and its imagery as a part of its political effort to discredit the scientific community which rejects so-called intelligent design theory.

Hitler did not need Darwin to devise his heinous plan to exterminate the Jewish people and Darwin and evolutionary theory cannot explain Hitler's genocidal madness.

Using the Holocaust in order to tarnish those who promote the theory of evolution is outrageous and trivializes the complex factors that led to the mass extermination of European Jewry.

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.

http://adl.org/PresRele/HolNa_52/5277_52.htm

Stein threw filth on an entire culture of people who suffered greatly under the Nazis, just to get even with science. It's despicable.

BTW, in your first clip, Stein ripped off a film produced by Harvard, without their permission, a choice that cost him a lot of legal fees. And it was of a eukaryotic cell, which is unimaginably more complex than the simplest known living cells.

But far from offering a weighty discourse on theories of monism, Stein delivers a pop culture MTV-style Road Film that has already reignited the Culture Wars, with a just-issued cease and desist letter from a group at Harvard. The Harvard letter claims that a clip in the film plagiarizes an "Inner Life of the Cell" animation, and possible further legal action could disrupt the opening of the film on April 18.

The Barbarian said:
Expelled is a good movie. Ben Stein made it, helped make it.

If it was good, he wouldn't have had to pay churches to send their people to see it.

The Hollywood media is well known to squash any movie that isn't in tune with their way of thinking.
Stein was smart, to go to churches. Have you seen his movie?
Look up EUGENICS.
As for Nazis and the Darwin lovers, you should read up on your NON-revisionist history, about Darwin, his life, Margaret Sanger, the reality of I.Q. testings, and how evolutionists began as those who wanted to "sterilize" humanity, and make a master race. THAT, then, appealed to Hitler.
Read this book: Better for all the World
http://www.amazon.com/Better-All-World- ... 734&sr=8-1

The Hollywood media is well known to squash any movie that isn't in tune with their way of thinking.

And as you noticed, Jews tend to get a little riled when some moron tries to excuse the Nazis by saying "science made them do it."

There's plenty of uneducated people in Hollywood. The bad science isn't a problem for Hollywood. But it's true that the plagiarism of the Harvard cell video did cause some distributors to back out until the legal mess was cleared up.

Have you seen his movie?

I haven't read Mein Kampf, either. For the same reason.

Look up EUGENICS.

Maybe you should. You see, Stein covered up the fact that Darwin (in The Descent of Man decried eugenics as an "overwhelming evil," and that Darwinists like Punnett and Morgan demonstrated that classical eugenic ideas advocated by the Nazis were not only evil but scientifically impractical.

As for Nazis and the Darwin lovers, you should read up on your NON-revisionist history, about Darwin, his life, Margaret Sanger, the reality of I.Q. testings, and how evolutionists began as those who wanted to "sterilize" humanity, and make a master race. THAT, then, appealed to Hitler.

I'm afraid you've been had on that. Darwin himself said that to allow even the weakest of humans to die was evil, regardless of the benefit that might accrue.

The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation,
for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if
we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could
only be for a contingent benefit, with an overwhelming present evil.

Charles Darwin

You've swallowed one of the oldest and most vicious slanders against science.

Read this book: Better for all the World

Better you read up on the geneticists and Darwinists who formed modern biology. Suffice to say, you've been brainwashed about that.

Show me where, at what period, in Darwin's life, he said that to allow even the weakest of humans to die was evil,

Was this early in his career, or around the time when his child died, or after that, when he hardened his heart?

Tell me, prove to me, with a reference source that I can look up, and verify.

I read Darwin' s bio, and I know he went through a lot of changes.
You should not be afraid to watch Expelled. You can check it out, free, from your library, unless you live in some outrageously liberal town that bans such films.

Show me where, at what period, in Darwin's life, he said that to allow even the weakest of humans to die was evil,

Was this early in his career, or around the time when his child died, or after that, when he hardened his heart?

He wrote that some time after he wrote The Origin of Species

The Descent of Man was published in 1871, long after his book on evolution. He wrote:
Nor could we check our sympathy, even at the urging of
hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our
nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation,
for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if
we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could
only be for a contingent benefit, with an overwhelming present evil.

Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man Chapter V

Tell me, prove to me, with a reference source that I can look up, and verify.

Done.

You should not be afraid to watch Expelled.

I've read his arguments; they are garbage. And his attempt to make excuses for the Nazis is despicable. Even his fellow Jews think he's done a terrible thing in doing it.

The Barbarian said:
And his attempt to make excuses for the Nazis is despicable. Even his fellow Jews think he's done a terrible thing in doing it.

Stein isn't making excuses for the Nazis. Far from it.

Stein isn't making excuses for the Nazis.

Yes, he is. And the Anti-Defamation League called him out on it. In his eagerness to get whatever revenge he is seeking against science, he created an excuse for the Holocaust. "Scientists made them do it."

Literally. Here's what he actually said about it:

When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. [PZ] Myers, talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed.
http://tbn.org/video_portal/

That's the sort of guy he is. He trivialized the destruction of six million people to get at science.

The Barbarian said:
Stein isn't making excuses for the Nazis.

Yes, he is. And the Anti-Defamation League called him out on it. In his eagerness to get whatever revenge he is seeking against science, he created an excuse for the Holocaust. "Scientists made them do it."

Literally. Here's what he actually said about it:

When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. [PZ] Myers, talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed.
http://tbn.org/video_portal/

That's the sort of guy he is. He trivialized the destruction of six million people to get at science.

Stein is an intelligent man. What this film shows is that trait does not equate with him being an honest man.

Moreover, the whole Nazi thing is a red herring. Even if Darwin's Theory caused all of us to become lifelong Fascists, it would not be relevant to the question of whether the Theory was valid.

Back