Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Interveiw with Dawkins

Actually that video is doctored, it repeats the same sequence of dawkins and he is not even sitting in the same room as the "interviewer".
While he was asked the same question in the original, he was surprised by the question - because in that moment he realized that he was asked into that interview under false pretenses.

However, even if he was unprepared for this question, that means nothing.

Let me answer for him: Nylonerase. Some bacteria in chemical waste ponds evolved the ability to digest nylon. That does qualify as "new information" in the genome, doesn't it? If no, then i'd like to see your definition of "information".

jwu said:
Actually that video is doctored, it repeats the same sequence of dawkins and he is not even sitting in the same room as the "interviewer".
While he was asked the same question in the original, he was surprised by the question - because in that moment he realized that he was asked into that interview under false pretenses.

Let me answer for him: Nylonerase. Some bacteria in chemical waste ponds evolved the ability to digest nylon. That does qualify as "new information" in the genome, doesn't it? If no, then i'd like to see your definition of "information".

Nope thats just an adaptation, like that guy who found out he could eat anything inluding glass,metal, plastic ..anything, normal people can't do that.

Why does that not count as an increase of information? It is a novel ability due to a newly evolved protein.

And no, that guy cannot actually digest any of these things.

jwu said:
Why does that not count as an increase of information? It is a novel ability due to a newly evolved protein.

really, wow that must hurt in the end, then how do you explain how he can eat al lthose things without it physical harming him and killing him ?

johnmuise said:
jwu said:

really, wow that must hurt in the end, then how do you explain how he can eat al lthose things without it physical harming him and killing him ?
They might pass right through his digestive tract and get pooped out again. These things make it through his throat as well after all, so why not through his bowels as well?

Anyway, why does a novel protein which enables bacteria to digest nylon not count as new information?

johnmuise said:
jwu said:

Nope thats just an adaptation, like that guy who found out he could eat anything inluding glass,metal, plastic ..anything, normal people can't do that.

There's a difference between being able to EAT something and being able to DIGEST something. If it's the former, that's not a mutation.

Back