Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
Today, there are many things being taught to God’s children in churches, and online websites and Forums.

Yet, there is really one thing needed; The Truth; The words of Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ is the truth, and every word that proceeds out of His mouth is the Truth.

His Gospel
His Commandments (Law)
His Doctrine

I had hoped in this thread, we could discuss the subject of the doctrine or teachings, or sayings of Christ.

His Message
His Word

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

If we remain or continue in His word, we are His disciples indeed, and we ourselves shall know the truth, and by knowing the truth we shall be made free.

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” Matthew 7:24-27

• Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds. 2 John 9-12

• Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

Sobering stuff.

Yet very necessary for each of us to grow up into Christ, and embrace the unity of the faith.

I believe the Lord would have us embrace some of the weightier things of His word.

His doctrine, and commandments are summed up in this:

Loving God and loving people.

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also. 1 John 4:20-21

However, I believe we may have different ideas about what love is, from His perspective.

Hopefully we can discuss some of these things here in this thread.

God bless you and keep you.

JLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back