Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is he losing it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

reznwerks

After all the recent documentaries on natural disasters how does Pat Robertson have the gall to tell people that God "spoke" to him and said that "maybe" there would be a disaster in the Pacific northwest sometime this year. Science has already warned that such an event is overdue.

http://www.wftv.com/news/9235304/detail.html

After all the recent documentaries on natural disasters how does Pat Robertson have the gall to tell people that God "spoke" to him and said that "maybe" there would be a disaster in the Pacific northwest sometime this year. Science has already warned that such an event is overdue.

Maybe he should be stoned OT style for being a psychic (false prophet).... :oops:

reznwerks said:

I would say he must be an astute man and well read on matters of science. As for hearing from God. I guess 2007 will tell. Well, maybe!

mutzrein said:
reznwerks said:

I would say he must be an astute man and well read on matters of science. As for hearing from God. I guess 2007 will tell. Well, maybe!

The point I was trying to make is do you still call it a prediction when it's already been ruled the event is likely and probably overdue? Roberston is throwing a Hail Mary hoping the event occurs but has stacked the deck by also inserting a disclaimer that "God might". A little dishonest don't you think if not gutless?

reznwerks said:
mutzrein said:
reznwerks said:

The point I was trying to make is do you still call it a prediction when it's already been ruled the event is likely and probably overdue? Roberston is throwing a Hail Mary hoping the event occurs but has stacked the deck by also inserting a disclaimer that "God might". A little dishonest don't you think if not gutless?

Yes and I understand your point and I agree. There are many so-called 'prophets' and others purporting to have been gifted by God to perform miracles, who operate more on the law of averages than the law of God. So, let them be known by their fruit. If they are prepared to say "God will" rather than "God might" and it happens, then who can ignore it.

the saddest thing is, he has millions of supporters who funnel him money to fund his lavish lifestyle, because they see a hurricane next year, and beleive that money is the only way to salvation. It is pretty sad.

peace4all said:
the saddest thing is, he has millions of supporters who funnel him money to fund his lavish lifestyle, because they see a hurricane next year, and beleive that money is the only way to salvation. It is pretty sad.
... and what do you think is the way to salvation? Any ideas? What do you personally think?

:-?

I don't believe in salvation, or a Higher power, or anything. I am able to live my life with out trying to use fear as a means to get power, or money, or anything else for myself.

Gary said:
peace4all said:
... and what do you think is the way to salvation? Any ideas? What do you personally think?

:-?

I think it's pretty safe to say that salvation does not involve chipping in to buy Pat another Rolls Royce. Honestly, I would say that funding the man's hate-mongering is pretty darned unchristian.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back