Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is it possable to live a life without Sin ?

C

ChildofGod

Romans 6: "What shall we saythen ? Shall we continue in sin ,that grace may abound?"

It was possible for the Lord to live a sinless life.
2Cr 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

But not for the rest of us. That is why we need Him.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God...

:lilangel:

yes then we are saved ,then we are saved by Gods grace Romans chapter 6 verses3-5 tell us "we are baptized into Jesus Christ . And we are baptized into his death,"and that by this "baptism " and as he is risen to the Father so also we should walk in a new life,1st john 3:6 tells us that if we abide in Christ we sin not n if we are in sin we know him not. And agreed we will always need Christ Jesus ,the spirit he sent is whom guides us to him.

Is it possible to live a life without sin? I certainly wish I could.

It seems that when Jesus refused to kill the adulterous woman, he did not follow the Old Law and thus sinned.

The Bible proves Quath wrong again...

Quath said:
It seems that when Jesus refused to kill the adulterous woman, he did not follow the Old Law and thus sinned.
Wrong again. The passages are very clear. Read it again. John 8:2-11

John 8:7 Jesus said to them: "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

This refers directly to Deuteronomy 13:9 and Deuteronomy 17:7 where the witness of a crime are to start the execution. Only those who were not guilty of the same sin could participate.

Understand now?

:)

You are applying the laws of worshiping other gods to the laws of adultery. I don't think you can just mix laws to come up with new rules.

However, her guilt was never questioned. Everyone knew she had committed adultery. If the other Jews sinned and didn't kill her, that doesn't give Jesus a free pass not to follow the Law. Jesus knew she was guilty and should have obeyed Leviticus 20:10 and killed her. Since he was also God, he should have also have known who the man was and went and killed him.

What this shows us is that the Old Testament laws were old and barbaric. However, the Bible said they were perfect and eternal. So it seems that Jesus just decided that this law was too barbaric to follow. However, God gave no leeway to ignore it, so Jesus had to sin to keep from doing something bad.

The old is just that , this old law was before Christ Died for us . When he died he broke the chains of sin , santan has not power over us any more. Jesus has bought us with the blood he bled on the cross. We never look past that cross the life we can have, the fellow ship with God would be so beautiful if we only would trust him to cleans us of this worldly beliefs.

I had a friend who was trying to convince me that he was perfect and with out sin. Each day we would see each other and some how this conversation would come up. I asked him one day if he ever lied, used foul language, anything? He told me never. LOL yeah right is what I'm thinking, right? So anyway like a week went by and I just got back from the store, it was moring and I had a nice cup of hot coffee in my hand. I ran into him, and I said the norm "hey Good Moring how are you". He replied "never better, full of joy and still sinless" I got tired of this crap so I threw my cup of hot coffee on him, he said you SOB why in the **** you do that for. I turned and smiled and said "see your not perfect". He said "that was not a Christian thing to do" I then said "I never claimed to be perfect"!!!!

TRUE STORY.. Happened last month

Of course our flesh and souls are not perfect, but are spirit man is perfect or recreated spirits. You see, we have a battle and must fight the good fight of faith, and put off the old self and put on the new. This is why the Bible says that sin has no dominion over us, and that we are dead to sin. We are covered by the Blood, and we can use 1 John 1:9 to confess sins and be cleansed from all unrighteousness. This verse is for believers because we either are condemned by the devil or condemned by ourselves. The Bible says there is no condemnation in the Lord, we are in Christ, annd should thank Him every time we ask for forgiveness for His sacrifice. Renew our minds every day with the Truth of the Word of God.

May God bless, golfjack

ChildofGod said:
The old is just that , this old law was before Christ Died for us .
The Old Testament said that the Laws were perfect and eternal. Jesus said the laws would not change until heaven and earth passed away.

ChristineES said:
Is it possible to live a life without sin? I certainly wish I could.

Hi, I am with you on that. I read over the posts here, and you seem to be the only one here that makes known (at least) their longing for mature sinless perfection? By the way, are you familiar with 1 John 5:16-17?

---John

1John 4 " Ye are ofGod,little children , and have overcome them :because greater is He that is in you than ,than he that is in the world.

John the Baptist said:
I read over the posts here, and you seem to be the only one here that makes known (at least) their longing for mature sinless perfection?
---John

Yooo Hooo! John!?! We are here! We are here! We are here!

wav.gif
wav.gif

It is not possible to live a sinless life....

It is possible to live a righteous life....even if you sin....

God has provided an atonement for sin.....it's called repentence...

To be righteous , you must live in Christ . To be in Christ you must live to Him ure master sinless. 1John 3

Quasar wrote: What this shows us is that the Old Testament laws were old and barbaric. However, the Bible said they were perfect and eternal. So it seems that Jesus just decided that this law was too barbaric to follow. However, God gave no leeway to ignore it, so Jesus had to sin to keep from doing something bad.

I think the law that was ‘perfect and eternal’ was the ten commandments that were written on stone in Deuteronomy 5: 6-22. These all are fulfilled in the ‘love for God and one another’ teaching of Christ. If you will notice, none of these commands have any specific mention of stoning or other sentence to be carried out in them but they simply tell what the law is, not what should be done to those who break it. Verse 16 does include a blessing of long life. In verse 22, Moses said these are what he commanded “with a great voice and he added no more.†Obviously, what we have beyond that are the additions that those who interpreted the law to the people and judged their sins, have recorded in his name.

Its not possible to never sin. Sin is so part of our nature that we sin without knowing it. It is possible though to set the standard high (Jesus) We can have our sin nailed to the cross and learn to live in deeper holiness as we walk out our faith. I sugest the book "go and sin no more" by Michael L Brown

Yeshua_kingdom_come said:
Its not possible to never sin. Sin is so part of our nature that we sin without knowing it. It is possible though to set the standard high (Jesus) We can have our sin nailed to the cross and learn to live in deeper holiness as we walk out our faith. I sugest the book "go and sin no more" by Michael L Brown

First must come the Born Again change. Then these ones need to understand 1 John 5:16-17. Who does understand that here? Surely not any that say that they cannot live this perfect life!
---John

Back