Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is Jesus Christ is just human or Both human & divine?

Is Jesus Christ is solely human or both human and divine?

Reason of asking
I met a new friend in the Philippines, she claim that she is a member of Church of Christ Inc. A christian sect formed by a former Adventist Felix Y. Manalo. (if my understanding is correct).

They claim that Jesus was just human and never been divine in full nature. I would like to ask the whole Christian community if such teachings were new or old. Is this the new Arianism?

Hello,

Is this is all about; Luke 24:30-40?

He said to them; Why are you frightened, and why do doubts arise in your heart? Look at my
my hands & feet; see that it is I myself. Touch me and see; for a GHOST does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have! And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet."

Well, I already heard of this new unbiblical claim. I think this sect not only claim of Jesus Christ solely human but even denies Him as the savior!!

This is what I can say:
In Luke 24:52 it said "And they worshipped him and returned to Jerusalem with great Joy."

Here it said, they had worshipped Him!! There is no way the Apostles worshiped a man!

In Addition to that read: 1 John 5:11-12
It said there that God gave us eternal life and this life is in his Son.
Then in 1 John 5:20 and I quote
" And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we are in him who is true in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the TRUE GOD and ETERNAL life."

Well, I hope that would help you.

The disciples experienced the following.
John 21:7
7 That disciple therefore whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his coat about him (for he was naked), and cast himself into the sea. ASV

John 21:12
12 Jesus saith unto them, Come (and) break your fast. And none of the disciples durst inquire of him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord. ASV

John 20:27-29
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and see my hands; and reach (hither) thy hand, and put it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed (are) they that have not seen, and (yet) have believed. ASV

He who spoke at Mt. Sinai said, " Iam the Lord, your God...."

Here are some witnesses to Jesus, our Lord and our God.
Rom 10:9
9 because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus (as) Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved: ASV

Phil 2:10-11
10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of (things) in heaven and (things) on earth and (things) under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ASV

Your servant in Jesus our Lord,
Joe

I searched the net all about that sect, and here I would like to expose their Arianism

According to their teaching, Jesus Christ choose not be God anymore. Here is the verse where they get such idea. (I wish your friend would not make a bitter remark on this)

In Philippians 2:5-7
" Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus who through he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, BUT EMPTIED himself, taking the form of a SLAVE being born in human likeness."

Well, if you heard this, you might agree on this. But HEY wait a minute!!!! Remember that THIS VERSE ONLY SHOWS JESUS CHRIST HUMILITY!! I believe as a CATHOLIC that, Christ is both human and divine.

If ever this text was read to you, then challenge her to read PHIL. 2:9-11 here shows that God exalted him and gave him a name that is ABOVE EVERY NAME!

To refute this heresy read:

Hebrew 1:3 , 1:8
Colossians 1:15-16

God Bless my friend....

No human can be perfect...unless they are divine and come from God. Oboviously this was Jesus.

Reading this thread reminded me of the beginning of John 1:

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Good post, Nick_29

Six chapters later Jesus said, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

But they asked for a sign saying, "Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat."

Jesus corrected them saying that it wasn't Moses who gave them manna in the desert it was "my Father [that] giveth you the true bread from heaven."

Joh 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh 6:36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

BTW we see their reaction to the true Manna: "The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, 'I am the bread which came down from heaven.' "

We see in Nick_29's post that Jesus is the Word, that he was with God and that he came here and dwelt ("tabernacled" in flesh) among us. Jesus later explained that he is the bread of life. That he came down from heaven. We know that it was by the Holy Spirit that his mother conceived while yet a virgin. Jesus became "a little lower than the angels" and was flesh. We are told that he was sorely temped like as we [are].

We also see that the belief that Jesus was merely a man started in his generation.

Back