Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Jesus the LORD GOD?

Does the following post show that scripture shows that Jesus is God or not?

• Yes, Jesus is God.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but Jesus is not God.

• No, Jesus is not God.

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Solo

Does the following post show that scripture shows that Jesus is God or not?

Solo said:
13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. 14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. 15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. 16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. 17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. Luke 1:13-17

The angel said to Zacharias that Elisabeth would bare a son. This son, John the Baptist, would turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. Notice that the angel states that John the Baptist would go before him, the Lord their God, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Jesus is the Lord whom John the Baptist would go before him, and according to this scripture, the Lord is God. Also John would go before him to prepare the way for the Lord as Isaiah 40:3 prophesied.

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Isaiah 40:3

The word LORD in this verse of scripture is JEHOVAH. Notice also that the one crying in the wilderness is preparing the way of JEHOVAH, making straight in the desert a highway for GOD.

4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Luke 3:4

23 He <John the Baptist>said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. John 1:23

1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Matthew 3:1-3

2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Mark 1:2-3

It is quite clear that the word of God reveals that Jesus Christ is the Lord God. Remember what Jesus told Thomas when Thomas believed:

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:28-29

Well guys, you know what I have to say regarding this issue.

I would like for ANYONE to offer me ONE scripture that PLAINLY offers that Jesus IS God Himself. Since that can't be done, why not simply state that you 'believe' that Jesus IS God for the sake of a 'man-made' doctrine named 'trinity'? For to offer that the Bible STATES that Jesus IS God is NOT completely true and that is OBVIOUS to ANYONE that has EVER read the Bible.

I have NOT come to simply argue what 'I think', but that which IS offered through scripture. Many WILL chose to disagree and that IS to be expected. For EVEN when Christ HIMSELF appeared upon this planet, NOT MANY believed HIM either. For the WORLD IS CARNAL. The flesh DOES have it's own agenda and that is CERTAINLY NOT 'in tune' with The Spirit.

So, with these thoughts in mind, I will bid 'you two' adue and leave 'this one' to 'you and yours'.

God Bless you, guys and gals. I wish nothing towards 'a single one of you' BUT LOVE. No malice, no 'personal gain', no, NOTHING other than the hope that each and everyone of YOU may be able to experience that which I have been 'given'. Not the 'living for MYSELF' part, but the part that has existed SINCE I have come to the UNDERSTANDING of LOVE. That is ALL I have to offer and all I can hope to convey. Everything ELSE is 'out of my hands' and placed into those of He who IS 'in control'. And THAT, my friends, is of ONLY two 'different' sources. Which you choose will make 'all the difference' in the world.

MEC

Imagican said:
Well guys, you know what I have to say regarding this issue.

I would like for ANYONE to offer me ONE scripture that PLAINLY offers that Jesus IS God Himself. Since that can't be done, why not simply state that you 'believe' that Jesus IS God for the sake of a 'man-made' doctrine named 'trinity'? For to offer that the Bible STATES that Jesus IS God is NOT completely true and that is OBVIOUS to ANYONE that has EVER read the Bible.

I have NOT come to simply argue what 'I think', but that which IS offered through scripture. Many WILL chose to disagree and that IS to be expected. For EVEN when Christ HIMSELF appeared upon this planet, NOT MANY believed HIM either. For the WORLD IS CARNAL. The flesh DOES have it's own agenda and that is CERTAINLY NOT 'in tune' with The Spirit.

So, with these thoughts in mind, I will bid 'you two' adue and leave 'this one' to 'you and yours'.

God Bless you, guys and gals. I wish nothing towards 'a single one of you' BUT LOVE. No malice, no 'personal gain', no, NOTHING other than the hope that each and everyone of YOU may be able to experience that which I have been 'given'. Not the 'living for MYSELF' part, but the part that has existed SINCE I have come to the UNDERSTANDING of LOVE. That is ALL I have to offer and all I can hope to convey. Everything ELSE is 'out of my hands' and placed into those of He who IS 'in control'. And THAT, my friends, is of ONLY two 'different' sources. Which you choose will make 'all the difference' in the world.

MEC
You have been given many scriptures that PLAINLY offer that Jesus is God. Your unbelief has captivated you into believing that those that speak of Jesus as being God are liars. Here again is a verse that PLAINLY offers that Jesus is God by one of the Apostles that believed.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:28-29

Notice that Jesus acknowledged that Thomas was correct in his belief, and that those that believe in the future without seeing as Thomas did, will be blessed.

If you do not see that Jesus is God, then you are carnal and have not the Spirit of God dwelling in you. REPENT, BELIEVE, and FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST DEAR IMAGICAN, and bring GLORY TO GOD THE FATHER, THOUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

Imagican said:
Imagican said:
If you want proof/s that Jesus himself is the Almighty Lord God who spoke to Moses, Elijah, the prophets, etc., then, why not call on and come to Jesus and let yourself hear Jesus speaking before you? Why not seek the truth from the Lord God himself instead of from the scriptures when what we are talking on in here is the true, the real and alive, and the ever existing Lord God of all ages?

This is all I need:
John 1:1-2, 14:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

and Matthew 1:23
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"â€â€which means, "God with us."

The Word was God, who became flesh and dwelt with us, God with us. God Himself died for me (and everyone else). Just because I don't understand something does not mean it is not real.

The Bible said:
Matthew 1:23
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"â€â€which means, "God with us."

Matthew. 1:21
Ans she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS for He shall save his people from their sins.

Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upn his shoulder; and his name shal be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mifghty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

These are 3 verses dealing with only one child but the names to be called to him are many and if we will notice, the names are but the names of the Almighty Lord God who spoke to Moses. In the Old Testament there is only One God but with many names such as The Almighty Lord God, The Lord, The Lord God, etc. And the names in the above 3 verses are no doubt the names only applicable to the Lord God of all. Of all these names, Jesus is the only one that becomes prominent among them all until now.

This is no other but the verse in the bible that says that God dwelt His fullness to Jesus which only means that the Almighty Lord God dwelt insdie the body born of a virgin who is no other but Mary. What was born by Mary was only a human being but the One who dwelt inside that body for more or less 33 years was the Almighty Lord God.

John 20:26-28
26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

1 Corinthians 15:42-49
42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"[e]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we[f] bear the likeness of the man from heaven

God's curse against man in Genisis was "...for dust you are, and dust you will return." For that very reason, when God resurrects us, we will have to get new bodies, spiritual bodies. But Christ was resurrected with the same body He died with. How else would the holes in His hands and sides still be there? The curse that God gave against man did not apply to Christ because Christ is God in the flesh.

Jesus cannot hand the Kindom over to the Father and then be subject to the Father himself, if he is already God...... LOL

Imagican,
It appears that you are only asking for Scripture from the NT. You must understand OT before you can understand NT. I personally won't quote Scripture, this subject has been run down through the dirt many times on this board. If someone would like to debate this "again" let em'..
But you or ANYONE can not quote Scripture using only the OT to tell me (us) Jesus is not God...

But I will ask this question. If you believe Jesus is not God. When do you think Jesus became Lord? At the Begging of time? When He was consumed in the whomb? When he rose again from the dead? If you believe at the begging of Time, you need to study the OT more, then your own dis-belief would be questioned about the deity of Christ...
If you believe at His birth of after the Cross, you know very little of the NT as well, and you need to become a better Bible Student before offering an opinion like this...

Atone
You bring up a very, very good point!!
If people would take the time to study the OT then these discussions of weather or not Jesus is God would not even take place for the OT clearly speaks of Jesus as God. Aside from the theophanies, we have the pictures of Abraham taking Isaac to the mountain to be sacrificed. THE VERY SAME MOUNTAIN WHERE JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED. You have Joshua who is a picture of Jesus Christ, You have Jospeh who is a great example of Jesus Christ.

Folks. The entire Bible as in the whole counsel of God is all about one person. This person id Jesus Christ , God himself come in the flesh to die for those who would accept him. There are very few ways that people who have a better that 5th grade education can come to the conclusion that Jesus is not God.

1) They take scripture out of context. They pic and choose what scriptures or portions of scripture will fit their belief.
2) They ignore the scriptures that convict them and pretend they are not there.
3) They are simply not born again and are blind to the truth.

If anybody has any more points to add to this list I would love to hear them. I don't understand how it is people can deny Jesus Christ his deity and disrespect Jesus like that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back