Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Solomon in Hell?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
While I am quite familiar with the different views of this debate, I believe solomon to be saved for the following reasons..

1) I hold to the view that he wrote Ecc and wrote it in the last days of his life...
One needs only to read and study the book to see the remorse in his writings....

Ec 1:1
1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
2 “Vanity of vanities,†says the Preacher;
“Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.â€Â

Next lets look at Neh....
Neh 13:26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? Yet among many nations there was no king like him, who was beloved of his God; and God made him king over all Israel. Nevertheless pagan women caused even him to sin.

This statement says allot...and it says to me that the Grace of God is something the human mind can't understand....How can God allow this man into ''his'' Kingdom when he worshiped other Gods at one time?...
Well, it is my opinion that Solomon went from being the richest man in the world to getting to heaven with no rewards....or very little rewards...There is nothing in scripture to suggest he lost his salvation....Like Potluck said ''in those days the HS would come and go...The HS would fall ''upon'' them, not fill them like after pentecos...

Folks that believe they can loose their salvation or need to work for their salvation or need to keep working for their salvation, or hold to the ''IF''s theology group, have no idea what Gods grace is all about....I don't either, but I know enough not to try and understand the mind of God, for no man can...yet many folks try and it is not going to happen..

What ever happened to faith?...How can one have true faith while believing at any moment he can loose his or her salvation?...I can't begin to tell you how many folks turned away from God at bible college...Why? Because there was some things they could not understand.....Many theologians have turned there backs on God because there was somethings that they could not understand...Many others like Newton, C.S.Lewis, Lee strobel. started out as atheist to disprove the bible and instead found a God who's grace is never ending, long suffering, merciful, compassionate... and were born again and yet those people would go on to write that no man can understand the grace or mind of God as it says in the bible.....

I was once 18, 20 24 years old and so full of fire for the Lord and wanted to learn and no so much, that I had more head knowledge that most pastors I knew, but that was not enough as I walked away for many years from the Lord Jesus Christ, and for many years I believed THAT I had lost my salvation as I am sure Solomon also thought....But when I came back wounded and beat up, and gave all of me to the Lord Jesus Christ, I realized that God never left me and that had I died in my trespasses and sins, I would have still been saved....Oh, I would have gotten a beat down on the judgment seat of Christ, but would have been spared the eternal torment who awaits anybody who is covered by the blood of the lamb, yet God in his mercy, he gave me a second chance....And you know what, he would have given me a third, fourth or however many It would have taken....

No, I thank God that I am ''justified'' through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who will keep me to himself through my sanctification process and when when this ugly corrupt mortal body passes away and turns to dust, My Soul/spirit will be in the precense of the Lord all mighty where he will glorify me....Amen.....Further more for those of you who hold to the you can loose your salvation, you may as well rip the book of Galations out of your bibles because it means nothing to you and certainly does not line up with your theology....Rip it out......It does not belong in your bible...Why? Because you don't believe it...Why? Because it takes simple faith to believe it.....

So for all of you who believe you can loose your salvation start by ripping this verse out of your bible...

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

I simply don't believe anyone is in Hell pre-judgement. God is just and will not sentence anyone prior to them being judged. I believe this judgement is not a one on one judgement at the time one dies, but a "mass" judgement to determine who is not in the Book of Life. This goes well with that thread in End Times. ;-)

vic C. said:
I simply don't believe anyone is in Hell pre-judgement. God is just and will not sentence anyone prior to them being judged. I believe this judgement is not a one on one judgement at the time one dies, but a "mass" judgement to determine who is not in the Book of Life. This goes well with that thread in End Times. ;-)

Yes, from a theological point of view, I agree with you...Indeed there is none in hell yet.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back