Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In the gentle moments of Matthew 19:13-14, we witness a profound teaching. Children, in their innocence, were brought to Jesus, and despite the disciples’ initial resistance, Jesus welcomed them, declaring, “the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” This statement unveils a deep truth: the kingdom is not about adult-like ambition or success, but about embracing the pure qualities of a child—chief among them, trust.

This trust is the cornerstone of biblical tranquility. It’s observed in the unspoken confidence a toddler has in their parents’ arms, free from the fear of falling. It’s the instinctive run towards a parent when the world seems daunting. Such trust is what Jesus calls His followers to embody—a complete, unwavering trust in God.

Psalm 131 echoes this sentiment. The psalmist proclaims, “O Lord, my heart is not proud… nor do I involve myself in great matters, or in things too difficult for me.” This isn’t a boast of humility but an acknowledgment of the peace found in trusting God’s sovereignty.

In a world fascinated by the occult and the unknown, the psalmist reminds us that some mysteries are beyond our understanding and are safely explored only through Jesus Christ. Like the dangers of tampering with electricity, meddling with the spiritual realm outside of Christ’s guidance is perilous.

The psalmist further illustrates tranquility in verse 2: “Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me.” The weaning process, though initially confusing for a child, ultimately leads to a deeper form of nourishment and maturity. Similarly, the believer’s journey from the “milk” of initial faith to the “solid food” of deeper understanding is a path of spiritual weaning, marked by a serene trust in God’s provision.

The New Testament presents two perspectives on spiritual nourishment. Peter encourages believers to crave the “pure milk of the word” (1 Peter 2:1-3), emphasizing a lifelong thirst for God’s Word, which nurtures faith, hope, and love. Yet, the writer of Hebrews warns against a perpetual infancy in faith, urging believers to mature beyond the basics (Hebrews 5:12-13).

Thus, the Christian life is a balance: maintaining the wonder and trust of a child while pursuing the discipline and wisdom of maturity. It’s a serious commitment, where learning and applying the fruits of the Spirit is paramount. As believers grow, they not only find personal strength but also become beacons of guidance for others, leading them towards Christ.

In this journey, the tranquility of a child’s trust blends with the discipline of spiritual growth, creating a harmonious walk with God. Each step, though challenging, moves us closer to the ultimate destination—a place well worth every effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back