Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It’s Paul For Me!

netchaplain

Even though the word “Church,” which is what Christ briefly spoke of (Mat 16:18), is mentioned in the Book of Acts, the Christians did not know that it is the Body of Christ until God used Paul to reveal this to them. Only all who will be reborn are in the Church of God and of Christ. Unbelieving Jews and all within the OT are not part of this Church; which answers to why the OT worshipers were congregations, or general “ecclesia,” instead of the Church. There is no mention of the word “Church” in the OT, and no reveled knowledge of it either. The ”people of God”—Israel, will be ruled by the Lord Jesus on the new earth; and the Christians will rule with Him (Mat 19:28; 2Ti 2:12; Rev 20:6).
NC

It’s Paul For Me!

“Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the Church of God” (1Co 10:32). Here, as in the other Scriptures, the Holy Spirit makes a difference in the three companies. By the term “Jew,” Israel as a nation is meant, and not the individual Jew in this present dispensation. The Gentiles are those of all races and tongues, other than Jews who have not been regenerated by the new birth. The Church is God’s elect company in the present dispensation, and is composed of all who are born again.

Through the twelve sons of Jacob, God called out unto Himself a special nation of twelve tribes, to be His special testimony to the nations of the earth (using the Jews to bring the Gentiles to Himself—NC). Even in the days of Jacob’s grandfather, Abraham, God had this special nation in mind when He said “I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee . . . and in thee shall all of the families of the earth be blessed” (Gen 12:2, 3). So Israel was to be God’s earthly testimony, and through them He eventually brought the Messiah and Savior into the world. In due time Christ will return and God will deal with all of the nations (Mat 25:31-46).

In dealing thus with an earthly nation many earthly and physical ordinances and regulations had to be given, especially in the Old Testament. Even the four Gospels are linked with Jewish promises, and are really the grand fulfillment of the OT promises to Israel, and they are valuable to us as divinely inspired pictures of the Person, character and work of our blessed Lord Jesus. Like the OT, they give us blessed acquaintanceship with the Lord Jesus, and also wisdom as to our personal walk as children of God.

The Church is an altogether new thing (separate from Israel—God’s people—NC), which began on the day of Pentecost, and was said to be a mystery, hidden from past generations (Eph 5:32). It is a heavenly company, composed of both Jews and Gentiles (Eph 3:5, 6). In Acts 2:47 He added to is Church those who were saved, and that is still the way He adds them. His Church is destined to leave the world suddenly one of these days. Then God will go back to dealing with His earthly nation, Israel.

John the Baptist came as a minister to Israel (to offer the Lord Jesus first, then the new earth to non-Christian Jews—NC), preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom (Mat 3:2 i.e. the kingdom of heaven coming on the earth is at hand; beginning at the millennia—NC). This kingdom message will be resumed after the rapture of the Church when God returns to dealing with Israel (Mat 24:14). The Gospel for the present dispensation is “the Gospel of the grace of God,” and is referred to as Paul’s Gospel (Acts 20:24; Rom 2:16, 16:25; 2Tim 2:8).

There would be no confusion about the instructions in the NT if we would only ask, “Which company is this particular Scripture written to?” Many, for instance, ask why it is that James 5:14, 15 doesn’t seem to work. A dear one is ill; they call for the elders, who pray over him and anoint him with oil, but nothing happens, even though this Scripture promises that “the Lord shall raise him up.” Their error is that James does not write directly to the Church, and does not claim to. In the beginning of His epistle he says he is writing “to the twelve tribes (Israel, which most are unbelievers—NC) scattered abroad” (Jas 1:1).

For Church doctrine and present-day truth for the believer, we must turn to Paul’s epistles (which are written to believers in Christ—NC). In Ephesians 3:2-10 Paul says this special revelation of the Church was committed to him. In Galatians 2:9, he says that he and Barnabas were sent unto the Gentiles, while Peter, James and John were sent to the Jews.

—Unknown

MJS daily devotional excerpt for July 9

“Suffering takes us in condition where truth has us in position.” -MJS

“We will never learn any truth in experience excepting in the deepening knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the lack of this which is the cause of weakness among believers; bare doctrine is not personal fellowship with Him. We have that which is lovely and full of blessing in Him; but if we are to know it as such; to prove its truth, to enjoy it always, it must be in taking these things as connected with Him.” - John Nelson Darby (1900-1882)

ven though the word “Church,” which is what Christ briefly spoke of (Mat 16:18), is mentioned in the Book of Acts, the Christians did not know that it is the Body of Christ until God used Paul to reveal this to them. Only all who will be reborn are in the Church of God and of Christ. Unbelieving Jews and all within the OT are not part of this Church; which answers to why the OT worshipers were congregations, or general “ecclesia,” instead of the Church. There is no mention of the word “Church” in the OT, and no reveled knowledge of it either. The ”people of God”—Israel, will be ruled by the Lord Jesus on the new earth; and the Christians will rule with Him (Mat 19:28; 2Ti 2:12; Rev 20:6).
NC

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

Church G1577 - ekklēsia
  1. a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
    1. an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating
    2. the assembly of the Israelites
    3. any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously
    4. in a Christian sense
      1. an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting
      2. a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake
      3. those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body
      4. the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth
      5. the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

Church G1577 - ekklēsia
  1. a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
    1. an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating
    4. in a Christian sense
      2. a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake
      3. those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body
Agreed.
Jesus meant to create a church in which all could worship Him.
He realized that the Jews were not going to accept his salvation message/atonement.

He also spoke about THE KINGDOM here on earth.
This Kingdom could be callled The Church - captial C - Body of Christ.

If Christendom is going to continue....we need both.

Church G1577 - ekklēsia
    4. in a Christian sense
The Church, of which the Lord Jesus is the Head, are all of those reborn by the Spirit of God.

Back