Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jacob and God In a Wrestling Match

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
20220622_195819_0000.png
An Emoji Devotional for Wed, Jun 22, 2022

Topic: Jacob and God In a Wrestling Match

Highlight:

He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God: yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Beth-el, and there he spake with us;
Hosea 12:3‭-‬4

And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Genesis 32:24‭-‬28 KJV

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Matthew 23:37 KJV

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Matthew 23:39 KJV

God tried to change Jacob's mind so he could accept the gospel of salvation through grace but he would not easy on God from the space of midnight till daybreak. Even before Jacob was born, he cheated his brother, and when he grew up, he fought against God.
Hosea 12:3. God came in a night, to conquer Jacob's dogma about self righteousness which he seems fight for until His joint was dislocated and He had to surrender with understanding that No one can succeed by strength alone. 1Sam 2:9. Through what happened that night God made Jacob understood that what is not given from heaven cannot be received from heaven. He with Jesus the son of God without knowing. He asked him for blessings and also asked for His name. Because He knew that it is only the son of God could make him surrender in such feat. Genesis 32:17. If Jacob had received a name from Jesus that day, He would have named the place he had the fight with God "Jesus alter" But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, Neither have entered into the heart of man, The things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV. In the day break, Jacob later surrendered His life by saying "I will not let thee go, except thou bless me". Before He thought he was blessed before he met Christ but not until He met with the Lord. He then realized that all his achievements without the Lord was not enough to acclaim as being blessed. Until He surrendered His life to Christ. Then the Lord asked Him "what is thy name?" and He said Jacob. He did not add any other reputation to his name not even his surname as he totally agreed to receive the real blessing from his Lord and Saviour. After the Lord blessed Him. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
Genesis 32:30.

In the center of it all, God changed His name from Jacob to Isreal. He became born again to a new creature and his mind renewed. John 3:3, Romans 12:2

Prayer: How many times have I exalted my decisions above your will in my prayers to you.My Lord I surrender myself to your will. Please Let let your will be done in my life and bless me Lord today in Jesus name.

Back