Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus not smitten of God

RBDERRICK

Supporter
Isaiah{50:5} The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. {50:6} I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

Act 2:23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Jesus was not smitten by God nor of God, but only by and of wicked men alone.

God has personally smitten men and women, both in the OT and NT by His Spirit. And being smitten of God, is by the hands of men, that are given His law to faithfully execute:

Deu 19:12Then the elders of his city shall send and fetch him thence, and deliver him into the hand of the avenger of blood, that he may die. Thine eye shall not pity him, but thou shalt put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with thee.

Lev 24:16And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

If the law of God is justly executed by men, then the guilty is smitten of God by the faithful hands of men of God.

But if men slay the innocent contrary to the will and law of God, then they are slain of unjust men alone, not of God.

Isa 53:3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

The prophecy is not of God smiting Jesus, but of those at the cross falsely esteeming Him smitten of God.

If Jesus was rightly esteemed smitten of God, then He was slain by the righteous hands of men, not the hands of wicked men:

Psa 22:16For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Act 2:23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Scripture concludes the hands of the pluckers, smiters, and piercers of Jesus Christ, were not of God, but of men alone.

If God imputed sin to Jesus and had Him smitten and cursed by law upon a tree, then contrary to Scripture the hands of the smiters were of God by law, not of the devil contrary to the law for shedding the innocent blood.

Jesus Christ who knew no sin in life and in death, was not guilty of any trespass against the law, nor cursed and smitten of God on a tree. Unbelieving men of the devil falsely accused Jesus Christ, made Him a curse on a tree, and smote him unjustly of their own will.

Jesus Christ was unjustly accused, condemned, and smitten of wicked men alone, that did not believe He was the Christ of God come in the flesh, and the Son of God with power.

1Co 12:3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:

The same unbelievers still esteem Jesus was smitten and cursed of God on a tree.

Back