Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus on your finger ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hawkman

Staff member
I found this interesting and thought I would share it :cool2 .

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

"Archaeologists discovered a thick gold ring with an inlaid green gemstone that depicts a young shepherd boy dressed in a tunic with a ram or sheep on his shoulders.

The image is believed to be the Christian symbol of the “Good Shepherd,” an early depiction of Jesus as a benevolent figure, suggesting its owner was likely an early Christian."

Underwater treasure

I found this interesting and thought I would share it :cool2 .

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

"Archaeologists discovered a thick gold ring with an inlaid green gemstone that depicts a young shepherd boy dressed in a tunic with a ram or sheep on his shoulders.

The image is believed to be the Christian symbol of the “Good Shepherd,” an early depiction of Jesus as a benevolent figure, suggesting its owner was likely an early Christian."

Underwater treasure
Hosea 6:1 kjv
1. Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Matthew 16:13 kjv
13. When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14. And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

What do men say?
Men do a lot of guessing at times. I catch myself going through a some options at times. Searching for truth ( while wearing welding glasses ).

Alternate reason for lamb on shoulder ( story I heard years ago in a preachers sermon).

Unruly lambs were hit / struck to make them lame. Then the shepherd carried them till they could walk again. During the healing a friendship developed and the unruly lamb was more obedient.

Sometimes it takes years to decide the truth. Sometimes it takes a revelation of God.

In the lamb story the truth is hidden.
The revelation:
In Christ we shared in his death and resurrection.

What do men say?
What does God Say?

They can be about the same, but on different levels.

1 Corinthians 5:5 kjv
5. To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Sorry about all this, but I think it fits for someone.

eddif

Back